- Upstate tour helps new NY speaker find his footing Updated: Aug-29-15 11:10 am
ALBANY, New York - The new leader of the New York state Assembly has spent much of the summer visiting Buffalo, Syracuse and other upstate communities in what he says is an effort to better understand the challenges facing parts of the state that sometimes feel neglected by Albany.
- Cuomo: High-tech manufacturing companies coming to Utica Updated: Aug-20-15 2:37 pm
UTICA, New York - Two high-tech manufacturing companies are coming to the Utica area, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday during a visit to the city, still working to recover following decades of population loss after the decline of the area's once thriving manufacturing economy.
- Oneida County allocates $700k for train station repairs Updated: Aug-13-15 6:25 am
UTICA, New York - A central New York county has allocated $700,000 to pay for damage caused at a train station by a runaway rail car.
- NY man pleads not guilty to murder in armed-robbery spree Updated: Aug-12-15 2:11 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A Long Island man who prosecutors say went on a brazen crime spree and "terrorized" gas station and convenience store clerks for more than six months pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and robbery charges.
- Senators seek federal money for central NY nanotech center Updated: Aug-07-15 3:08 am
UTICA, New York - New York's two U.S. senators are seeking federal funding for a public-private partnership to create a nanotechnology testbed site in Utica.
- Old locomotive removed from NY station 2 weeks after crash Updated: Aug-04-15 8:52 am
UTICA, New York - Crews have removed an old steam locomotive from the central New York train station where the engine was rammed through a wall by a runaway rail car two weeks ago.