- Police have arrested 2 teens in alleged brutal assault Updated: Jun-26-15 9:55 am
SELMA, Alabama - Police say they have arrested two Selma teenagers in the alleged brutal assault of a 21-year-old man.
- Confederate flags taken down from Alabama state Capitol Updated: Jun-24-15 9:52 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Four Confederate flags were taken down from outside the Alabama Capitol on Wednesday as Gov. Robert Bentley ordered their removal amid national controversy about the official display of Confederate emblems on government grounds.
- Selma honors World War II veterans with annual get-together Updated: Jun-21-15 9:46 am
SELMA, Alabama - Wednesday was a special day for area World War II veterans who attended the fourth annual veterans honor reception at the Vaughan Smitherman Museum.
- Protests planned at women's clinic in Selma Updated: Jun-17-15 1:53 pm
SELMA, Alabama - Activists are planning protests at what they say is an unlicensed abortion clinic in Selma.
- Bridge anniversary event pushed back over scheduling concern Updated: Jun-15-15 7:26 pm
SELMA, Alabama - Selma city officials say the 75th anniversary celebration of the Edmund Pettus bridge has been pushed back because of a scheduling concern.
- Anniversary celebration set for Edmund Pettus Bridge Updated: Jun-14-15 10:17 am
SELMA, Alabama - The city of Selma has celebrated its fair share of anniversaries this year, but there is one that hasn't been celebrated yet - the diamond anniversary of the Edmund Pettus Bridge.
- 4 families displaced in Selma apartment fire Updated: Jun-13-15 3:51 pm
SELMA, Alabama - Authorities in Selma say a fire at an apartment complex has displaced four families.
- King's first church planning statue to honor leader Updated: Jun-09-15 11:37 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In the basement of Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church, a photo of Martin Luther King Jr. hangs in the office where he worked from 1954 to 1960.
- Dallas County minister pleads to rape, incest charges Updated: Jun-08-15 8:02 pm
SELMA, Alabama - A former Valley Grande pastor charged with sexually assaulting a family member pleaded guilty on Monday to charges of rape and incest.
- Dentist's office donated to Sav-A-Life Updated: Jun-07-15 10:05 am
SELMA, Alabama - Selma-Dallas County Sav-A-Life will have a new home soon thanks to the family of the late Dr. Bracey Cross, who practiced dentistry in Selma for more than 40 years.
- Selma woman accused of repeatedly stabbing man Updated: Jun-06-15 11:29 am
SELMA, Alabama - A Selma woman has been charged with domestic violence after police said she repeatedly stabbed a man.
- Alabama Senate seeks to rename Edmund Pettus Bridge Updated: Jun-03-15 1:40 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama senators took a step toward renaming Selma's Edmund Pettus Bridge, a historic site in the voting rights movement that also bears the name of a Ku Klux Klan officer.