- Sanders set to attend Louisville rally on Tuesday Updated: May-01-16 11:06 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is making a campaign stop this week in Kentucky.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Kentucky Confederate monument to be removed after 120 years Updated: Apr-30-16 9:14 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Confederate monument will be removed from a spot near the University of Louisville campus where it has stood since 1895.
- Keeneland has provided a training option for Derby hopefuls Updated: Apr-29-16 3:10 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - While the path to the Kentucky Derby has wound through Florida, New York, California and other places, some hopefuls have found a quiet little stopover down the road from Churchill Downs at Keeneland.
- Louisville tool lets residents map, compare internet speeds Updated: Apr-28-16 12:27 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville is launching a free tool that will let the city's internet users record and map their connection speeds.
- 3 schools get grants to help combat urban heat island Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer says three schools have been awarded grants for projects to help combat urban heat island.
- Bevin revamps Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Updated: Apr-27-16 6:05 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Gov. Matt Bevin revamped the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on Wednesday with 11 new members and one holdover, reshaping a group overseeing a signature state industry.
- Day care owner charged in death of 2-year-old in hot car Updated: Apr-27-16 2:42 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The owner of a Louisville day care facility has been charged with second-degree manslaughter in the death of a 2-year-old boy who was left inside a hot car for hours.
- Former Attorney General Conway to join Louisville law firm Updated: Apr-27-16 2:14 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Former Democratic Attorney General Jack Conway has joined a law firm in Louisville.
- Brown-Forman to acquire 3 single malt Scotch brands Updated: Apr-27-16 10:08 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Brown-Forman Corp., the producer of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, announced plans Wednesday to re-enter the single malt Scotch whisky market with an agreement to purchase The BenRiach Distillery Co. of Scotland along with three brands.
- Louisville police investigate body found outside school Updated: Apr-27-16 6:44 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Police are investigating after a body was found in the parking lot of a West Louisville school.
- Man accused of fleeing crash that killed 2 turns himself in Updated: Apr-26-16 6:21 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville police have arrested a man who they say left the scene of a car crash that killed two people.
- Report: 135,000 Kentucky kids have had parent in jail Updated: Apr-25-16 1:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A new report says Kentucky has the highest percentage of children in the nation who have had a parent in jail.
- Breeders' Cup to return to Churchill Downs in 2018 Updated: Apr-25-16 12:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Breeders' Cup is returning to its old Kentucky home at Churchill Downs.
- Tai chi: Movement for body, mind and spirit Updated: Apr-23-16 10:32 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Moving in synchronized slow motion, about a dozen men and women make gentle, flowing gestures with their bodies as soothing music helps create a feeling of peace and harmony.
- Jefferson Community and Technical College cuts 61 staff jobs Updated: Apr-22-16 10:38 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Jefferson Community and Technical College has announced it is laying off 61 employees - about 14 percent of its staff.
- School districts to decide whether to accept heroin antidote Updated: Apr-22-16 8:14 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A heroin antidote could be coming to private and public high schools in Kentucky this fall.
- Utilities unveil Kentucky's largest solar power plant Updated: Apr-21-16 3:39 pm
BURGIN, Kentucky - Louisville Gas & Electric and Kentucky Utilities have unveiled the state's largest solar facility.
- Day care shut down after child forgotten in hot SUV dies Updated: Apr-20-16 5:50 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The state forced a Louisville day care to shut down immediately Wednesday, two days after a toddler forgotten in a hot SUV by a staff member died.
- Yum beats 1Q profit forecasts Updated: Apr-20-16 5:06 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Yum Brands said Wednesday that its profit rose 8 percent in the first quarter as the parent company of KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell saw sales improve in the embattled China unit it plans to spin off.
- AP Derby Top 10: Nyquist is so No. 1, California horses rule Updated: Apr-18-16 5:49 pm
Those California horses sure love the Kentucky Derby. And there's not a beach anywhere near Churchill Downs - only a winner's circle, a blanket of roses and a place in the history books.
- Countdown to Kentucky Derby begins Updated: Apr-17-16 7:11 pm
The road to the Kentucky Derby is just about over. Now comes the countdown to the first Saturday in May.
- The Latest: Lt. Gov. Hampton among Kentucky's RNC delegates Updated: Apr-16-16 4:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on selection of Kentucky's delegates to the Republican National Convention (all times local):
- Embattled Kentucky judge agrees to temporary suspension Updated: Apr-15-16 6:43 pm
A black judge embroiled in a racially charged feud with a white prosecutor agreed Friday to temporarily step down from the bench while he fights misconduct charges before Kentucky's Judicial Conduct Commission.
- Emails show Kentucky's slow response to radioactive waste Updated: Apr-15-16 2:11 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Emails obtained by a newspaper show that it took months for Kentucky regulators to take action after getting a tip that low-level nuclear waste was being shipped to a landfill.