- Lawmakers fail to approve bonding for Rupp project Updated: Apr-16-14 12:57 am
- Cancer-stricken ex-priest on trial for sex abuse Updated: Apr-15-14 5:25 pm
- Whitesburg Mountain Eagle publisher Pat Gish dies Updated: Apr-14-14 4:25 pm
- Louisville F Harrell to return for junior season Updated: Apr-14-14 3:02 pm
- Personal experiences help sign language teacher Updated: Apr-13-14 10:46 am
- Correction: Boat Race-Guns story Updated: Apr-12-14 11:01 am
- Gardner leads Red team's 56-13 rout of White squad Updated: Apr-11-14 10:51 pm
- Churchill Downs to keep more from each bet Updated: Apr-11-14 12:27 pm
- Pitino, ex-teammate sought mercy for Farmer Updated: Apr-11-14 11:06 am
- Boyhood home of Brandeis to be auctioned off Updated: Apr-11-14 10:37 am
- Beshear signs cannabis oil bill Updated: Apr-10-14 6:20 pm
- UofL surpasses fundraising milestone Updated: Apr-10-14 3:33 pm
- Scientists try 3-D printer to build human heart Updated: Apr-09-14 10:13 pm
- Mayor seeks to hold parents accountable Updated: Apr-08-14 10:16 am
- Electrical device helps paralyzed men move legs Updated: Apr-08-14 3:55 am
- FINALS WATCH: Father-son routine steals show Updated: Apr-08-14 1:10 am
- Police: Man calls 911 after injury during break-in Updated: Apr-07-14 4:01 pm
- Police: Man calls 911 after injury during break-in Updated: Apr-07-14 3:53 pm
- Ollie's wisdom guides UConn to title game Updated: Apr-06-14 6:08 pm
- Kentucky freshmen against UConn comeback players Updated: Apr-06-14 11:50 am
- Louisville aiming to become more bike-friendly Updated: Apr-06-14 10:59 am
- Kentucky 74-73 over Wisconsin, to play for title Updated: Apr-06-14 1:22 am
- California Chrome easily wins Santa Anita Derby Updated: Apr-05-14 9:06 pm
- Bevin, conservatives rally in McConnell's backyard Updated: Apr-05-14 6:35 pm
- Ky. ends attempts to control emerald ash borer Updated: Apr-05-14 2:34 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The clock finally ran out on a proposal to insert state-supported bonding into the financing packaging to renovate Rupp Arena.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - As testimony began in a long-delayed trial against former Catholic priest James Schook, a witness said Tuesday that he had numerous sexual encounters with Schook, beginning at age 13, at a Louisville church in the 1970s.
WHITESBURG, Kentucky - Patricia Gish, who along with her husband Tom Gish ran The Mountain Eagle of Whitesburg for a half-century, died Sunday at her home in Letcher County. She was 87.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville forward Montrezl Harrell has announced that he's returning for his junior season with the Cardinals.
DANVILLE, Kentucky - What started as a degree in accounting at the University of Louisville eventually led Kentucky School for the Deaf graduate Max Williamson back to Danville as an educator.
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - In a story April 11 about the Thunder Over Louisville event, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the event is a boat race. Thunder Over Louisville is an air show and fireworks display.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Judging from his accuracy during much of Louisville's spring game, Will Gardner isn't worried about filling the huge void left by Teddy Bridgewater's departure.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Churchill Downs plans to start taking a bigger cut from bets wagered on its races, which means gamblers cashing winning tickets will collect less money.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino asked a federal judge to show mercy when sentencing former Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer and allow him to "become a productive citizen again" after the basketball star's political and personal fall from grace.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The boyhood home of the late Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis will be auctioned off later this month in downtown Louisville.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky farmers can grow hemp, and now Kentucky doctors can use it for medicine.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The University of Louisville said Thursday it has surpassed its $1 billion fundraising goal with more time left to pad the final amount before the capital campaign aimed at boosting student scholarships, faculty support and research wraps up in less than three months.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - It may sound far-fetched, but scientists are attempting to build a human heart with a 3-D printer.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - In the wake of downtown violence in Louisville, Mayor Greg Fischer is looking for ways to hold parents accountable for delinquent juvenile behavior.
LONDON - Three years ago, doctors reported that zapping a paralyzed man's spinal cord with electricity allowed him to stand and move his legs. Now they've done the same with three other patients, suggesting their original success was no fluke.
ARLINGTON, Texas - "Big Rob" and his son, Trey, gave fans at AT&T Stadium one shining moment long before the confetti dropped at the national championship game.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Police in Louisville, Kentucky, say a man called 911 after falling from a ladder and breaking his leg in the middle of a home break-in.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville police say a suspected burglar called 911 after falling from a ladder and breaking his leg in the middle of a heist.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Kevin Ollie had talent.
ARLINGTON, Texas - All those Kentucky freshmen against a Connecticut team already with a few championship rings.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Michael Carroll weighed 325 pounds when he moved to Louisville to study engineering five years ago.
ARLINGTON, Texas - No, this was not an instant replay, though it certainly is turning into a highlight loop that Aaron Harrison and his Kentucky teammates could get used to watching.
ARCADIA, California - Art Sherman knows what it takes to get a horse to the Kentucky Derby and win. He had a close-up view as an 18-year-old workout rider when Swaps won the 1955 Run for the Roses. Nearly 60 years later, Sherman is taking his own colt to Louisville as the early Derby favorite.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Conservative activists from across the country came to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's hometown on Saturday to insist that their fight against established Republicans in the 2014 midterm elections isn't over.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky officials have ended a 30-county wood quarantine that was intended to contain the emerald ash borer, an insect that already has killed more than 25 million trees in the eastern U.S.