- Rebuilt road between Palisade, East Orchard Mesa has cracks Updated: Aug-23-15 5:28 pm
PALISADE, Colorado - Mesa County engineers say a rebuilt highway between Palisade and East Orchard Mesa is safe, even though parts of the highway began shifting and a retaining wall had to be built to keep asphalt from sliding down a hill.
- BLM plan for western Colorado final Updated: Aug-22-15 11:36 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A document that will guide the management of more than 1 million acres in western Colorado for 20-plus years is now complete, but the battles are not over.
- Another human case of tularemia confirmed Updated: Aug-21-15 9:52 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Public health officials say another Mesa County woman has contracted tularemia, a bacterial disease known as rabbit fever.
- Fears of disease prompt organizers to cancel horse show Updated: Aug-20-15 9:56 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A horse show in western Colorado has been canceled due to concerns over the spread of a debilitating livestock virus.
- Criminal probe of Grand Junction airport ends; no arrests Updated: Aug-19-15 3:29 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Officials at the Grand Junction airport say the end of a federal criminal investigation into fraud allegations will allow them to move ahead on issues that had been put on hold because of the investigation, even though a federal civil investigation is still underway.
- Mesa County foster mom pleads guilty in child's death Updated: Aug-17-15 6:31 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A woman who was arrested in the death of a foster baby she was caring for has pleaded guilty to child abuse resulting in death and tampering with physical evidence.
- Battle continues over roundup of wild horses near Rangely Updated: Aug-17-15 2:53 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - The Bureau of Land Management is planning to gather more than 160 wild horses in northwest Colorado next month, a move that could be put on hold by an organization looking to pursue legal action.
- Confederate flag banned from mural at VA Updated: Aug-14-15 9:40 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Officials at the Grand Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center have called for the removal of the Confederate flag from a mural inside the facility's cafeteria.
- Bail reduction denied for man charged in toddler's death Updated: Aug-11-15 8:40 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A judge has denied a request to reduce bail for a Grand Junction man who is charged in the death of his ex-girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter.
- Project aims to give shelter, other services to homeless Updated: Aug-02-15 5:08 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Grand Valley's homeless will have some temporary homes to stay in next spring, and they also will be close to other support services designed to help them get back on their feet.
- Probation for former day care worker who gave kids sleep aid Updated: Jul-30-15 10:19 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A former Montrose day care worker accused of giving over-the-counter melatonin sleep-aid tablets to as many as 35 preschool-aged children has been sentenced to two years of probation.