- Philippines, rebels fortify truce amid stalled peace pact Updated: Feb-12-16 8:31 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government and Muslim rebels have extended the stay of international cease-fire monitors at their first meeting since their peace pact stalled amid fears of fresh fighting.
- Ship hijackings down in 2015, piracy mostly low-level theft Updated: Feb-02-16 8:23 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A global maritime watchdog said Tuesday that ship hijackings declined in 2015 from a year earlier, while sea piracy incidents increased slightly but consisted mostly of low-level theft.
- Malaysia says metal on Thai beach not from Flight 370 Updated: Jan-26-16 2:18 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia confirmed Tuesday that the piece of metal found washed up on a Thai beach last week was not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that went missing almost two years ago in one of aviation history's most enduring mysteries.
- Malaysian PM defends strict security laws to fight terrorism Updated: Jan-25-16 1:31 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia's leader on Monday defended the country's strict security laws, saying they are needed to fight terrorism as the Islamic State group warned of revenge over a crackdown on its members.
- Malaysia detains 7 suspected IS members plotting attacks Updated: Jan-24-16 6:08 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian police have detained seven men suspected of being an Islamic State militant cell that was plotting attacks, authorities said Sunday.
- Detained Malaysian was hours away from suicide attack Updated: Jan-16-16 10:53 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A Malaysian man was detained just hours before planning to blow himself up at an entertainment venue in Kuala Lumpur, a government official said Sunday, after authorities raised the alert level following bombings in neighboring Indonesia.