- UNK reaches settlement with Justice Dept. in housing lawsuit Updated: Sep-03-15 3:53 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska at Kearney has agreed to enact new student housing policies and pay $140,000 to settle a Justice Department lawsuit that accused the university of violating federal law by not allowing therapy animals in student housing.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Nebraska man pleads not guilty to assaulting child Updated: Aug-30-15 5:40 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A Nebraska man has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting a child and possessing explicit pictures of another child.
- Nebraska man pleads not guilty in sword attack on another Updated: Aug-29-15 2:07 pm
LEXINGTON, Nebraska - A Cozad man accused of attacking another man with a sword in July has pleaded not guilty to three counts in the case.
- Today in Nebraska for September Updated: Aug-28-15 1:38 pm
- Planned Parenthood drops plans for Kearney clinic Updated: Aug-22-15 6:23 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - Planned Parenthood has dropped its plan to expand to Kearney and other parts of central Nebraska, a spokeswoman said.
- Boil order in south-central Nebraska town of Axtell lifted Updated: Aug-22-15 1:32 pm
AXTELL, Nebraska - Water safety officials say residents of the south-central Nebraska town of Axtell no longer need to boil their drinking water.