- Tennessean gets 20-30 years for attempted murder in Nebraska Updated: May-05-15 8:37 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A 25-year-old Tennessee man has been given 20 to 30 years in a Nebraska prison for trying to kill a friend.
- Univ. of Neb. at Kearney students aid quake victims Updated: May-04-15 4:43 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - University of Nebraska at Kearney students have raised more than $4,500 for earthquake relief in Nepal.
- Kayaking, archery among activities offered at Outdoor Expo Updated: May-04-15 5:03 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - Archery, kayaking and fishing are among the outdoor activities that people will be able to try at the Fort Kearny Outdoor Expo.
- Simulator gives aviation students new training opportunities Updated: May-01-15 2:23 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A new flight simulator purchased by the University of Nebraska at Kearney will give students a chance to train in the fundamentals of aviation in a safer and more affordable manner.
- Nebraska book artist finds creative energy in the pages Updated: Apr-26-15 11:20 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - Book artist Marvel Maring loved her artist books so much she took them to bed with her.
- Sisters again holding Funky Junk Market event in Funk Updated: Apr-25-15 1:58 pm
FUNK, Nebraska - Two Nebraska sisters are so encouraged by the success of their junk-inspired festival last fall, they're holding another one next month in south-central Nebraska.
- Kearney hospital planning to start $19 M expansion this year Updated: Apr-18-15 6:19 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - An estimated $19 million expansion at Kearney Regional Medical Center could begin as early as this summer.
- Kearney man charged in pharmacy fire to face trial Updated: Apr-18-15 2:02 pm
MINDEN, Nebraska - A Kearney man accused of starting a fire at a Minden pharmacy in March has waived his preliminary hearing and will stand trial on an arson charge.
- Fire at Nebraska senior living facility sends 3 to hospital Updated: Apr-18-15 1:53 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A small fire at a senior living facility in Kearney sent three people to the hospital.
- Accidental fall blamed for Kearney death of Hastings man Updated: Apr-16-15 1:01 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - Authorities say a Hastings man whose body was found in a Kearney alley accidentally fell from a fire escape.
- Kearney council votes to turn over land for veterans home Updated: Apr-14-15 12:19 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Kearney City Council has voted to turn over to the state land where the Central Nebraska Veterans Home will be built.
- Historic hotel re-opens in Orleans Updated: Apr-12-15 11:14 am
ORLEANS, Nebraska - Guests are once again roaming the halls of a historic hotel in Orleans, thanks to David and Marilyn Snodgrass.
- Energy company considering Kearney for solar energy plant Updated: Apr-11-15 5:50 pm
KEARNEY, Nebraska - An international renewable energy company is developing plans to build a $20 million solar energy production plant in Kearney.
- Nebraskan convicted of university threats gets jail time Updated: Apr-10-15 7:04 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A 19-year-old student convicted of making bomb threats to the University of Nebraska at Kearney has been given probation and jail time.
- MSU's Hastings gets national coach of year award Updated: Apr-08-15 4:11 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Minnesota State's Mike Hastings has been chosen as the American Hockey Coaches Association's Coach of the Year for NCAA Division I men's hockey.