- Libya's internationally accepted PM 'aspires' to peace deal Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
VALLETTA, Malta - The internationally recognized prime minister of Libya says he is "aspiring" to sign a peace agreement with representatives of the Islamist-led Tripoli government in Morocco on Thursday.
- Uncertainty over US strike against al-Qaida leader in Libya Updated: Jun-15-15 5:15 pm
CAIRO - Pentagon officials say they believe they hit their target - the one-eyed, al-Qaida-linked commander who led a deadly attack on an Algerian gas facility in 2013. But uncertainty still surrounds the U.S. airstrike in eastern Libya, and whether Mokhtar Belmokhtar was actually among the militants said to have been killed in the bombing.
- US airstrike targets al-Qaida-linked militant in Libya Updated: Jun-14-15 9:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S military launched weekend airstrikes targeting and likely killing an al-Qaida-linked militant leader in eastern Libya who has been charged with leading the attack on a gas plant in Algeria in 2013 that killed at least 35 hostages, including three Americans.
- Attackers seize 10 employees at Tunisian consulate in Libya Updated: Jun-12-15 12:08 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - An armed militia stormed into the Tunisian general consulate in Libya's capital on Friday, taking 10 employees hostage, officials said.
- Italian doctor held hostage in Libya is freed after 5 months Updated: Jun-09-15 2:17 pm
ROME - Italian officials say an Italian doctor kidnapped in Libya in January has been freed.
- Western countries seek sanctions on 2 Libyans impeding peace Updated: Jun-04-15 8:01 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United States, Britain, France and Spain have asked the U.N. Security Council to impose sanctions on two Libyans undermining peace efforts to send a signal ahead of new talks on June 8 "that spoilers of the political process will not be tolerated."