- Injured traffic officer back on road after 5-month recovery Updated: Feb-07-16 9:16 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - It took him five months to get out of a wheelchair and back on his motorcycle after a traffic wreck in September. But sheriff's Lt. Keith Faul has reached his goal: he's back riding in the squad that clears the way for Terrebonne Parish Mardi Gras parades.
- Lockport triple murder trial delayed for fifth time Updated: Feb-06-16 12:52 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The first-degree murder trial for a man accused of stabbing a Lockport woman and her two daughters has been delayed for the fifth time.
- Texas pilot pleads guilty to drug conspiracy Updated: Feb-05-16 7:36 am
NEW ORLEANS - A Texas pilot has pleaded guilty to transporting almost $500,000 worth of cocaine on a plane that authorities intercepted when it stopped to refuel at a Louisiana airport in September.
- Shrimp Task Force seeks tougher penalties Updated: Feb-04-16 9:52 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - State officials and district attorneys continue to hammer out stricter penalties for shrimpers fishing out of season.
- Engineering money OK'd for Lafourche restoration projects Updated: Feb-02-16 8:04 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Engineering will start on two coastal restoration projects in south Lafourche after a state-federal task force approved paying their design costs.
- Terrebonne council delays discussion on dog barking problem Updated: Feb-02-16 7:55 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish Council has postponed its discussion on excessive noise caused by barking dogs until there's a meeting with law enforcement, the planning department, parish attorneys and the animal shelter.
- Terrebonne moves forward with limiting blight and slums Updated: Jan-26-16 7:36 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish Council is moving ahead with cracking down on landowners and landlords for blighted property or slums where crime is taking place.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal crash, gets 30 years in prison Updated: Jan-26-16 4:50 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A Napoleonville man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison in a Thibodaux crash that killed his then-girlfriend's 11-year-old daughter.
- Terrebonne Parish sales tax collections take hit in 2015 Updated: Jan-25-16 7:40 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Agencies in Terrebonne Parish collected less sales tax money in 2015 compared to the previous year.
- National Oilwell Varco closing Louisiana facility Updated: Jan-20-16 7:33 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - National Oilwell Varco, a manufacturer and parts supplier to the oil and gas industry, is shutting down its facility in Houma, Louisiana, and that will put 80 employees out of work.
- Crews to conduct maintenance on Terrebonne Parish floodgates Updated: Jan-19-16 12:07 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Crews will be conducting maintenance on the majority of Terrebonne Parish's floodgates during the hurricane off-season.
- Suspect arrested in connection with driver's fatal shooting Updated: Jan-19-16 5:09 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Police in Houma say a suspect has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of a driver found in his car.
- Police: 3 a.m. 'date' turns out to be robbery setup Updated: Jan-13-16 7:16 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Houma police say a 3 a.m. meeting set up through a dating site turned out to be a robbery setup.
- Ordinance on bingo law change passes Terrebonne committees Updated: Jan-13-16 8:35 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The conversation on the number of bingo games allowed at a single facility in Terrebonne Parish continues on as the parish council looks to change the ordinance governing the games.