- Burglary suspect pleads not guilty to habitual offender Updated: May-21-15 7:56 am
SCHRIEVER, Louisiana - A Schriever man pleaded not guilty to being a habitual offender after his latest burglary conviction, but could face a life sentence if he is convicted.
- 3 convicted for oyster violations in Terrebonne Parish Updated: May-20-15 7:35 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says three Houma men are convicted of oyster violations, and the captain of the boat involved has lost his license for 10 years.
- Terrebonne Parish notes progress on levee system Updated: May-15-15 11:35 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish officials praised the progress being made on the Morganza-to-the-Gulf levee system.
- New trial set in Lafourche Parish murder case Updated: May-14-15 12:50 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A south Lafourche Parish man granted a new second-degree murder trial after a jury couldn't reach a verdict in March won't be retried until early next year.
- Terrebonne, Lafourche leaders don't see need for smoking ban Updated: May-14-15 7:24 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Despite a new, well-publicized smoking ban in New Orleans, smoking regulations in Terrebonne and Lafourche parishes will likely stay at the status quo for now.
- Trial date changed for Louisiana man in gun shop break-in Updated: May-13-15 5:43 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal authorities say John Ross Harold's trial has been reset in the Feb. 27, 2014, break-in at Cook's Gun Shop in D'Iberville.
- Port Fourchon to get environmental sensor Updated: May-12-15 10:43 am
PORT FOURCHON, Louisiana - A new environmental observation sensor will be installed at Port Fourchon Wednesday to improve navigation safety and increase efficiency for ships.
- Terrebonne council to consider tax increase for pay raises Updated: May-12-15 7:55 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish Council will work with law enforcement on a possible property tax increase for public safety officer raises.
- School board sets aside $200K for artificial football turf Updated: May-11-15 1:15 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish School Board has set aside $200,000 to install artificial turf at two football stadiums in the school district.
- Man arrested in death of unborn child Updated: May-06-15 10:43 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish sheriff's deputies are investigating the death of an unborn child.
- State police search for driver in fatal hit-and-run Updated: May-06-15 8:25 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - State police are searching for the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a bicyclist along Louisiana Highway 57 south of Houma.
- 4 Mississippi escape caught in Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 10:43 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish sheriff's deputies have arrested four of seven men who escaped from a Mississippi jail Sunday night.
- Opening of Houma skate park postponed at last minute Updated: May-01-15 11:36 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The opening of Houma's $1.2 million Fireman's Skate and Bike Park has been postponed the day before its scheduled opening. At issue are newly discovered cracks in the concrete.
- Bids taken on dredging 8 miles of Bayou Lafourche Updated: Apr-30-15 7:46 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Officials say a nearly $20 million project to dredge more than eight miles of Bayou Lafourche is expected to begin within the next month.
- Hearing to decide whether Theriot man competent for trial Updated: Apr-27-15 12:08 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Doctors will decide whether a Theriot man is mentally competent to stand trial.
- Houma police get new defibrillators Updated: Apr-27-15 8:02 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Houma Police Department has purchased 10 new automated external defibrillators to help equip all patrol field officers with the life-saving device.
- Man accused of robbing a pastor at gunpoint in parking lot Updated: Apr-27-15 3:50 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Louisiana man is charged with robbing a pastor at gunpoint at an auto parts store.
- Charge reduced for suspect in Labadieville death Updated: Apr-24-15 8:02 am
NAPOLEONVILLE, Louisiana - A 29-year-old Napoleonville man accused in the Jan. 2 shooting of a Labadieville (LAH'-buh-dee-vil) convenience store owner has been formally charged with second-degree murder.