- Offshore helicopter company opens 35-acre Houma base Updated: Jun-29-15 4:10 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Houston-based Era Group has opened a 35-acre helicopter base for offshore flights to and from Houma-Terrebonne Airport.
- Southdown Plantation closing for fresh exterior paint Updated: Jun-28-15 7:01 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Southdown Plantation House is closing to tours during July for a paint job.
- Task force being formed to address aging Terrebonne schools Updated: Jun-26-15 12:46 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish school superintendent is forming an advisory committee to help evaluate the district's aging facilities.
- Police identity of body found in Houma waterway Updated: Jun-25-15 7:49 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Authorities have identified the body found Saturday in the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway in Houma.
- Terrebonne Parish Council approves new Houma police chief Updated: Jun-25-15 7:25 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish Council has approved Lt. Dana Coleman to succeed Todd Duplantis as Houma Police chief.
- Incoming Houma police chief stresses work ethic Updated: Jun-24-15 8:19 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Hard work is the foundation upon which Houma Police Lt. Dana Coleman says he has built his career and hopes this will be his defining attribute when he takes over as police chief in early August.
- School board gives superintendent its highest rating Updated: Jun-24-15 8:13 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish School Board gave its superintendent the highest grade he can receive two weeks before it will vote to increase his salary.
- Work begins on Bayou Lafourche dredging project Updated: Jun-23-15 8:26 am
BELLE ROSE, Louisiana - Dredging is underway on a $16 million project that will ultimately increase Mississippi River water flow into Bayou Lafourche.
- Terrebonne sheriff's K9 officers to wear protective gear Updated: Jun-22-15 7:47 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Officials say all four of Terrebonne Parish sheriff's furry officers will be donning the same bullet- and stab-resistant gear as their human handlers in the next three weeks.
- Wife faces attempted murder charge after shooting husband Updated: Jun-20-15 11:31 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Houma woman faces a charge of attempted second-degree murder after telling officers she shot her husband in the chest during an argument.
- Worker killed after falling from platform barge Updated: Jun-18-15 8:40 am
GIBSON, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish sheriff's deputies say a welder died after he fell 55-60 feet from a platform barge at a business in Gibson.
- Terrebonne School Board approves study of aging schools Updated: Jun-17-15 2:38 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - For the third time in about two years, the Terrebonne Parish School Board has approved a study to address the district's aging and deteriorating facilities.
- Lafourche clerk of court won't seek re-election Updated: Jun-17-15 6:48 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The Lafourche Parish Clerk of Court has announced he will not run for re-election this year, as he plans to retire next summer.
- 2 murder suspects undergoing psychological testing Updated: Jun-16-15 7:37 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne District Attorney's Office says psychological testing is underway for two men accused of second-degree murder from separate killings to determine whether they are mentally fit to stand trial.
- Terrebonne school superintendent may get 29 percent raise Updated: Jun-16-15 7:28 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne school Superintendent Philip Martin could receive a more than $40,000 raise beginning this year.
- Feds give OK to using sand far offshore for barrier island Updated: Jun-15-15 5:19 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - A federal agency has approved using sand stored in a shoal nine miles off the coast for a barrier island restoration project that uses funds BP gave Louisiana to restore its ecosystem following the catastrophic 2010 oil spill.
- Houma Elementary housing could be decided next month Updated: Jun-15-15 10:47 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The future of the old Houma Elementary School could be decided by the middle of next month.
- Greyhound adding stops in Gonzales, Houma, LaPlace Updated: Jun-14-15 6:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Greyhound has increased nonstop trips between Baton Rouge and New Orleans and has added a new route between the cities, with stops in Gonzales, Houma and LaPlace.
- New Lafourche marina to give boats safe harbor during storms Updated: Jun-12-15 8:04 am
GOLDEN MEADOW, Louisiana - Officials say a Lafourche Parish safe harbor marina completed this spring will only be open for storms.
- Terrebonne schools budget boosted by teacher, employee pay Updated: Jun-10-15 8:12 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne School Board will spend almost $10 million more on its teachers and employees this fall under its proposed budget.
- Terrebonne trail to highlight African-American stories Updated: Jun-07-15 3:51 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne tourism officials are seeking local stories to feature in an upcoming historical trail that will honor African-American culture and history throughout the parish.
- Terrebonne Parish settles lawsuit with Houma police sergeant Updated: Jun-05-15 8:45 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish has reached a $300,000 settlement with a Houma Police sergeant who claimed he was unfairly demoted in 2012.
- Authorities: Body found in Lafourche Parish canal Updated: Jun-02-15 7:56 am
MATHEWS, Louisiana - Authorities say a body found in the Dixie Canal south of Mathews may be a resident reported missing early last month.
- Lafourche school safety improvements being planned Updated: Jun-01-15 4:05 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish schools may hire more police officers, upgrade their fire alarms and make other safety improvements within the next year.