- Ethics board says Hawaii candidate can keep job Updated: Apr-10-14 5:19 pm
- Big Island wastewater upgrade still years away Updated: Apr-09-14 2:50 pm
- Kamehameha Schools not buying West Hawaii campus Updated: Apr-07-14 5:30 pm
- Hawaii health system partnership bill advances Updated: Apr-04-14 6:05 pm
- Facebook fixes Kailua maps after lawmakers grouse Updated: Apr-04-14 4:27 pm
- Hawaii nudging Facebook to distinguish Kailuas Updated: Apr-01-14 10:55 pm
- Audit: Big Island '12 elections cost $1.5M Updated: Apr-01-14 2:56 pm
- State proposes plan to preserve Kiholo State Park Updated: Mar-28-14 3:41 pm
- County seeks to begin foreclosure for Hawaii land Updated: Mar-25-14 4:34 pm
- United mulls outsourcing some Hawaii operations Updated: Mar-21-14 9:58 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - The deputy county clerk on Hawaii's Big Island will get to keep her position while running for a seat on the county council, an ethics panel has decided.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Significant hurdles remain in Hawaii County's quest to offer treated wastewater that can be reused for landscaping irrigation.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Kamehameha Schools has decided against buying the campus of a private Kailua-Kona school that is closing at the end of the school year, but another private school has submitted an offer.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A bill that would establish a framework allowing partnerships between Hawaii's public health system and private health care providers is advancing to a conference committee.
HONOLULU - Facebook has made fixes this week to distinguish between Kailua, a town on the island of Oahu, and Kailua-Kona, a town on the Big Island.
HONOLULU - Kailua is a town on the east side of the Hawaiian island of Oahu, well enough known to be a yearly vacation getaway for President Barack Obama. Kailua-Kona, 40 minutes away by plane, faces west from the island of Hawaii, also known as the Big Island.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - An audit prompted by Hawaii County's problematic 2012 primary election found inadequate oversight, communications and documentation.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - State land officials are proposing to keep Kiholo State Park Reserve largely as-is while adding campsites and improving access.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Officials in Hawaii are preparing to ask a federal bankruptcy judge to allow foreclosure proceedings to begin on 80 acres of oceanfront land on the state's Big Island.
HONOLULU - United Airlines is considering outsourcing some Hawaii ground operations, potentially leading to the layoff of more than 220 employees in Lihue, Kahului and Kona.