- Police ID driver involved in deadly wrong-way bridge crash Updated: Aug-02-15 12:29 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Long Beach police have identified the driver of a car seen crashing into barricades near a Special Olympics event site before being involved in a deadly wrong-way bridge crash.
- Most in Long Beach get power back after electrical fire Updated: Jul-30-15 11:56 pm
LONG BEACH, California - A fire in an underground vault knocked out power to at least 30,000 customers in downtown Long Beach on Thursday, but repair crews managed to restore it to all but about 1,000 in a matter of hours.
- Family files $28M claim in fatal police shooting of student Updated: Jul-22-15 9:49 pm
LONG BEACH, California - The family of a 20-year-old student fatally shot by police after a plunge from a second-story window filed a $28 million claim Wednesday against the city of Long Beach and its police department.
- CSU approves 2 percent pay hike for chancellors, presidents Updated: Jul-21-15 5:50 pm
LONG BEACH, California - California State University presidents and other executives will receive an across-the-board 2 percent pay increase, a raise faculty union leaders brandished as part of a trend of "misplaced priorities."
- Museum to take ownership of historic Howard Hughes plane Updated: Jul-21-15 5:07 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Legendary mogul Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose, a gigantic historic wooden airplane whose fate was mired in a financial dispute, will permanently stay in Oregon.
- Power restored to most of downtown Long Beach Updated: Jul-18-15 1:48 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Power has been restored to most of downtown Long Beach and the power network appeared to be holding well three days after underground electrical fires prompted outages that affected thousands of customers.
- Sangmeister looking for podium finish in Transpac race Updated: Jul-17-15 9:12 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Two years after a record attempt was ended by debris from the Japanese tsunami, skipper John Sangmeister would settle for a podium finish in the Transpac race from Los Angeles to Honolulu.
- Police rescue 2 from fire at Long Beach apartment complex Updated: Jul-16-15 12:13 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Authorities say police managed to pry open window security bars and rescue a man and a woman who were critically injured in a fire that gutted a Long Beach apartment complex.
- Electrical fire in Long Beach leaves thousands without power Updated: Jul-15-15 8:31 pm
LONG BEACH, California - A fire in an underground electrical vault blew off a manhole cover and has left thousands of people without power in downtown Long Beach.
- Man charged with murder in 1996 Long Beach cold case Updated: Jul-09-15 8:53 am
LONG BEACH, California - A man in custody in an unrelated case has been charged in the murder of a Long Beach man nearly two decades ago.
- The Latest: Baltimore police head fired amid rising crime Updated: Jul-08-15 8:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Chanta Saunders, a 25-year-old woman who was friends with Freddie Gray and witnessed his arrest, said the Baltimore mayor's decision to fire the city police commissioner was a good one. But Saunders said Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake shares as much responsibility as the ex-commissioner, Anthony Batts, for a strained relationship between police and many Baltimore residents.
- Woman stabbed to death on Long Beach sidewalk Updated: Jul-08-15 9:28 am
LONG BEACH, California - Authorities are searching for a suspect in the stabbing death of a 25-year-old woman who was found lying on a sidewalk in Long Beach.