- Los Angeles Register newspaper to launch April 16 Updated: Mar-10-14 8:26 pm
- Long Beach State beats UC Riverside 74-67 Updated: Mar-08-14 9:51 pm
- Cal State Northridge defeats Long Beach St 91-83 Updated: Mar-07-14 12:44 am
- Long Beach adopts regulations on e-cigarettes Updated: Mar-06-14 2:01 pm
- Long Beach mayoral hopeful's ad shows San Diego Updated: Mar-06-14 8:20 am
- Clinton again blasts Putin after her Hitler remark Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 pm
- State high court leans toward police name release Updated: Mar-04-14 9:10 pm
- Evacuation orders lifted after California storm Updated: Mar-03-14 12:35 am
- Cal State Fullerton defeats Long Beach State 84-76 Updated: Mar-01-14 11:32 pm
- Hammonds' 3 lifts Long Beach St. over Hawaii 63-61 Updated: Feb-28-14 1:12 am
- Man sought in assault of mentally disabled woman Updated: Feb-26-14 9:57 am
- Long Beach State coasts past UC Davis 79-57 Updated: Feb-21-14 12:11 am
- Satellite reaches California for next Sea Launch Updated: Feb-19-14 1:17 pm
- Calif mother wants memorial to daughter saved Updated: Feb-17-14 7:01 pm
- Lamb, Caffey lead LBSU past Cal Poly 74-65 Updated: Feb-16-14 1:53 am
- UCSB's last second layup beats Long Beach 65-64 Updated: Feb-14-14 12:42 am
- Calif. woman touting 'vampire face-lifts' arrested Updated: Feb-14-14 12:26 am
- Long Beach State over UC Riverside 88-76 Updated: Feb-09-14 12:15 am
LOS ANGELES - Freedom Communications Inc. said Monday that it has set April 16 as the launch date for its latest newspaper venture, the Los Angeles Register.
LONG BEACH, California - Mike Caffey scored 13 points and Dan Jennings had 10 points and 13 rebounds as Long Beach State closed its regular season with a 74-67 victory over UC Riverside on Saturday.
LOS ANGELES - Stephan Hicks scored a career-high 28 points, shooting 7 of 11 from the field and hitting all 13 of his free throws, to pace Cal State Northridge past Long Beach State 91-83 on Thursday night.
LONG BEACH, California - After Los Angeles passed tough new rules on the use of electronic cigarettes, Long Beach has approved even stricter regulations that apply to using the devices in shops where they are sold.
LONG BEACH, California - San Diego is only about 100 miles from Long Beach, and the cities resemble each other in many ways.
LOS ANGELES - Russian President Vladimir Putin is a tough but thin-skinned leader who is squandering his country's potential, former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday, a day after she likened his actions on the Crimean peninsula of Ukraine to those of Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court indicated Tuesday that it was inclined to favor the public's right to know the names of officers involved in shootings.
LOS ANGELES - Residents in three California foothill communities headed home Sunday after a powerful storm that threatened to unleash mud on neighborhoods beneath unstable hills scarred by recent wildfires.
FULLERTON, California - Michael Williams scored 28 points as Cal State Fullerton defeated Long Beach State 84-76 on Saturday night.
LONG BEACH, California - Dan Jennings finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds and Travis Hammonds hit a 3-pointer with 8 seconds to play as Long Beach State beat Hawaii 63-61 Thursday night.
LONG BEACH, California - Long Beach police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a suspect who kidnapped a 53-year-old mentally impaired woman from a parking lot and sexually assaulted her.
LONG BEACH, California - A communications satellite built for France-based Eutelsat has arrived in California to be prepared for liftoff from Sea Launch AG's oceangoing rocket pad.
LOS ANGELES - A Long Beach mother wants the city to permit a memorial to her daughter, who was stabbed to death in 2012, to remain on public property.
LONG BEACH, California - Michael Bryson's layup with 1 second left lifted UC Santa Barbara over Long Beach State 65-64 on Thursday.
LONG BEACH, California - A woman who advertised "vampire face-lifts" and other cosmetic procedures she wasn't licensed to perform was arrested after a suspicious death at a Southern California beauty salon, police said Thursday.
RIVERSIDE, California - Tyler Lamb scored 23 points with three assists and four steals as Long Beach State defeated UC Riverside 88-76 on Saturday night.