- Governor: Closing Boston amid bomber hunt 'tough' Updated: Apr-19-14 1:07 pm
- NY-based Texas soldier dies from combat wounds Updated: Apr-17-14 9:17 am
- Report: Convicted upstate NY man died from cyanide Updated: Apr-15-14 8:15 am
- State Conservatives support NY House candidate Updated: Apr-12-14 8:41 am
- WWII Purple Heart being returned to Kansas family Updated: Apr-01-14 3:06 am
BOSTON - Several days after the Boston Marathon bombing, Gov. Deval Patrick received a call in the pre-dawn hours from a top aide telling him that police officers outside the city had just engaged in a ferocious gun battle with the two men suspected of setting the bombs and that one was dead and the other had fled.
FORT DRUM, New York - Military officials say a soldier from Texas based at Fort Drum in northern New York has died from injuries suffered in an attack in Afghanistan last weekend.
WATERTOWN, New York - Authorities say a toxicology report has confirmed that a 52-year-old northern New York man who died after being convicted of sexual abuse had ingested cyanide upon hearing the verdict.
WATERTOWN, New York - Republican congressional candidate Elise Stefanik says she is pleased by the backing of state Conservative Party leaders.
WATERTOWN, New York - A Purple Heart medal awarded to a Kansas soldier killed in World War II is being returned to his family after it was found among his widow's items at a northern New York antique shop.