- Judge denies request for access to balcony collapse evidence Updated: Jul-02-15 3:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - A judge has denied a construction company's request to access evidence collected by investigators looking into the fatal collapse of an apartment balcony that killed six people.
- University of California sued over sex assault claims Updated: Jun-29-15 7:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three current and former University of California, Berkeley students sued the school on Monday, accusing administrators of not doing enough to investigate their sexual assault claims and hand out punishment.
- Prosecutor: Balcony deaths could bring manslaughter charges Updated: Jun-25-15 10:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - Prosecutors said Thursday they have opened a criminal investigation into a fatal California balcony collapse that could lead to involuntary manslaughter charges.
- 7 students who survived balcony collapse remain hospitalized Updated: Jun-22-15 6:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The seven Irish students who survived a deadly balcony collapse in the college town of Berkeley remain hospitalized in varying states of recovery nearly a week later.
- Boston Mass planned for students killed in balcony collapse Updated: Jun-21-15 5:37 pm
BOSTON - The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston is holding a Mass of Remembrance for the Irish students killed when a balcony collapsed during a party last week in Berkeley, California.
- Seats on flights to Ireland needed for families of students Updated: Jun-19-15 12:55 pm
BERKELEY, California - Airline seats on flights back to Ireland are needed for the families of the Irish students killed in the Berkeley balcony collapse Tuesday.
- Autopsy: 6 in Berkeley balcony fail died of blunt injuries Updated: Jun-18-15 2:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - 11 a.m. (PDT)
- Ireland mourns 6 students killed in balcony collapse Updated: Jun-17-15 5:16 pm
LONDON - Flags flew at half-staff around Ireland and the country's parliament suspended normal business Wednesday as the nation mourned six students killed when a balcony collapsed during a party in Berkeley, California.
- Berkeley balcony victims were enthusiastic students Updated: Jun-17-15 1:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Most came from colleges around Dublin, and some worked at San Francisco's waterfront restaurants, where their enthusiasm quickly impressed those around them.
- Q&A on history of Berkeley building where balcony collapsed Updated: Jun-16-15 8:14 pm
BERKELEY, California - The site of a fatal balcony collapse is one of Berkeley's biggest downtown developments in recent years. Here are some answers about the apartment complex where six people were killed and seven more injured:
- Irish students killed on balcony were with cultural program Updated: Jun-16-15 7:36 pm
. - Five of the Irish college students who died when a fifth-floor balcony collapsed were part of a popular cultural exchange program allowing foreign students to work and travel in the United States.
- Cellphone industry sues Berkeley over warning-label law Updated: Jun-11-15 2:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A new Berkeley city ordinance that requires cellphone sellers to warn customers about radiation from the devices violates free speech rights, an industry trade group says in a new lawsuit.
- San Francisco moves to put warnings on ads for sugary drinks Updated: Jun-10-15 11:58 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Soda and some other sugary drinks contribute to health problems, San Francisco supervisors said as they voted unanimously to approve health warnings on ads for such beverages.
- Power restored to tens of thousands after Bay Area outages Updated: Jun-09-15 10:48 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Power has been restored to tens of thousands of people in the San Francisco Bay Area following two separate outages, one caused by a squirrel and another by heat.
- California's drought spurring water recycling at home Updated: Jun-05-15 2:26 am
BERKELEY, California - Showering during California's drought is a guilt-free experience for homeowners Catarina Negrin and Noah Friedman.
- New fed data shows no stopping or slowing of global warming Updated: Jun-04-15 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Global warming has not stopped or even slowed in the past 18 years, according to a new federal study that rebuts doubters who've claimed that that heating trends have paused.