- Miss. bank makes Alabama acquisition for $6.6M Updated: Mar-06-14 8:11 pm
- Hattiesburg woman facing 2nd-degree murder charge Updated: Mar-06-14 6:02 am
- Republicans rule Taylor can stay on party ballot Updated: Mar-05-14 7:20 pm
- Hattiesburg council backs 1 percent tax Updated: Mar-05-14 6:44 am
- Head-on collision in Hattiesburg leaves 1 dead Updated: Mar-02-14 7:46 pm
- Nunnelee is lone Miss. incumbent without primary Updated: Mar-01-14 7:17 pm
- Hattiesburg sewers put to the test Updated: Mar-01-14 10:50 am
- Hattiesburg mayor vetoes sewer rate increase Updated: Feb-28-14 5:53 am
- Man booked after gun fired in store parking lot Updated: Feb-27-14 8:49 am
- Petal man found guilty in bank robbery Updated: Feb-27-14 6:23 am
- USM center launches $2M fundraising campaign Updated: Feb-22-14 12:06 pm
- Scott Walker pleads guilty in 2 federal cases Updated: Feb-20-14 11:47 am
- Floor collapse at Miss. church center; 35 hurt Updated: Feb-20-14 7:25 am
- Hattiesburg council OKs diversity proposal Updated: Feb-18-14 8:38 pm
- Ex-POW Hall dead at age 83. Updated: Feb-18-14 9:19 am
- Visibility, traffic are factors for strip malls Updated: Feb-17-14 12:34 pm
- Hattiesburg police understaffed by nearly 1/3rd Updated: Feb-16-14 7:46 pm
- Mayors: Mo., Okla. towns rebuild after tornadoes Updated: Feb-10-14 2:08 pm
- Hattiesburg dept. heads may be appointed in March Updated: Feb-10-14 5:47 am
- Payton to appear for Jones Co. Junior College Updated: Feb-08-14 5:28 pm
- Southern Miss snatches win over Marshall, 60-57 Updated: Feb-08-14 12:09 am
- Military history museum reopens Updated: Feb-07-14 8:02 am
- Red Cross supply center moving to Dallas Updated: Feb-06-14 9:28 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Mississippi's First Bancshares is expanding further into Alabama, announcing Thursday that it will buy BCB Holding Co. of Mobile, Alabama for about $6.6 million in cash and stock.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - After a nearly two-week search, a 37-year-old Hattiesburg woman wanted in the death of an elderly man has been arrested in Lamar County.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Democratic Mississippi congressman Gene Taylor will stay on the Republican primary ballot opposing incumbent U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg City Council has unanimously backed a request from Mayor Johnny DuPree that potentially could bring an estimated $10 million revenue stream to the city for the next 30 years.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A head-on collision in Hattiesburg has taken the life of a William Carey University student.
JACKSON, Mississippi - First District Republican Alan Nunnelee is the only Mississippi congressman without a party primary this year.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Sewers in Hattiesburg will undergo a series of smoke tests starting this weekend as part of an effort to check the lines for breaks or defects.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree concedes that the city's sewer rates will have to be raised to help pay for a new wastewater treatment system that the city has to have operating by 2017.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Authorities in Hattiesburg say a man was arrested after he apparently fired a handgun accidentally in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart store.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Petal man indicted in a 2012 bank robbery has been convicted in his second trial on an armed robbery charge.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - It started with a look at the records of the state lunatic asylum in Jackson, home of war vets and war widows in the aftermath of the Civil War.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Ocean Springs businessman Scott Walker pleaded guilty Thursday to fraud and conspiracy charges in two separate cases involving the state Department of Marine Resources.
LAUREL, Mississippi - The second floor of an activity center at a rural Mississippi church collapsed during an evening youth service, sending about 70 people crashing down and injuring 35 of them, survivors and authorities said Thursday.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg City Council has passed a resolution that would spell out the city's official stance when it comes to discrimination and diversity.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Ret. Air Force Col. George Robert Hall, an American prisoner of war who spent much of his 7-1/2 years in captivity in the infamous Hanoi Hilton, has died in Hattiesburg. He was 83.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Traveling around Hattiesburg, it's hard not to notice the extreme differences in occupancy among Hattiesburg's strip malls.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg police administrators say their roster is about one-third down, but say they have plenty of people on street work.
OKLAHOMA CITY - About 85 percent of residents who were displaced by the large and deadly tornadoes that decimated Joplin, Missouri, and Moore, Oklahoma, have rebuilt or intend to, the communities' mayors said Monday.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree says it will be at least March before he will present department head candidates for City Council approval.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Neil Watson drilled a 3-pointer with three seconds left to play and Aaron Brown tacked on a pair of free throws a second later, allowing Southern Mississippi to snatch a 60-57 victory away from upset-minded Marshall Friday Night.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The African-American Military History Museum in Hattiesburg reopened Thursday for the first time since it was damaged during last February's tornado.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The American Red Cross is moving its disaster supply center from Hattiesburg, Mississippi to Dallas, partly it says as a cost-saving maneuver.