- Hattiesburg council approves Eaton School application Updated: Oct-07-15 6:15 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg is asking the state for aid to help save Eaton School.
- Forrest Co. receives reimbursement for voting machines Updated: Oct-06-15 10:40 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Forrest County is finally getting reimbursed for replacing 233 voting machines that were damaged in the February 2013 tornado that ripped through the area.
- Hattiesburg to relocate solar farm project Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A 50-megawatt solar energy farm initially planned for Hattiesburg-Forrest County Industrial Park will be shifting to a 460-acre site off the Bonhomie Road-WSF Tatum Boulevard intersection.
- Old Forrest County jail to get facelift Updated: Sep-27-15 2:10 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - After three years of sitting unoccupied, the old Forrest County Jail in downtown Hattiesburg is getting a major facelift.
- Hattiesburg council may wait on 2015-16 budget approval Updated: Sep-22-15 6:01 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg City Council approved a tax levy Sept. 8 that would cover a proposed $138 million-plus budget for fiscal year 2015-16.
- Zoo still seeks flamingos to replace 2 lost to prank Updated: Sep-21-15 6:06 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A variety of fundraisers popped up after two adult flamingos died last October following an alleged prank by a fraternity at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Hattiesburg budget increase supported by property tax bump Updated: Sep-20-15 6:13 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - After at least 15 years without a property tax hike, Hattiesburg residents are likely to see their property taxes rise 2.1 mills - or about $21 for a $100,000 house.
- Taxes going up for Forrest County residents Updated: Sep-17-15 4:05 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - For the first time in several years, Forrest County residents will experience a tax increase.
- Ex-employee at Youth ChalleNGe program indicted Updated: Sep-15-15 4:10 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Youth ChalleNGe Academy program employee at Camp Shelby has been indicted for embezzlement.
- Sewer rates to double for non-Hattiesburg residents Updated: Sep-15-15 4:05 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - For non-Hattiesburg residents and businesses that are connected to the city's sewage system, water and sewer bills will increase.
- Chaney unopposed as Reform candidate is removed from ballot Updated: Sep-09-15 8:24 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - State election officials Wednesday removed the Reform Party candidate for Mississippi insurance commissioner from the Nov. 3 ballot, saying it was impossible to know whether he had lived in the state long enough to run.
- Hattiesburg 2015-16 levy will include tax increase Updated: Sep-09-15 5:44 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg City Council has voted to raise residents' tax rates for the first time since at least 2001.