- Lawsuit: Univision newscaster's book had false ID Updated: Mar-06-14 4:41 pm
- Guatemala's Pacaya volcano spews rock, ash Updated: Mar-02-14 2:37 pm
- 3 Mexicans, 6 Guatemalans guilty in drug massacre Updated: Feb-21-14 9:26 pm
- Police in Guatemala kills himself, 2 colleagues Updated: Feb-14-14 12:49 pm
- Guatemala begins process to replace top prosecutor Updated: Feb-10-14 8:16 pm
MIAMI - A Guatemalan man claims in a lawsuit that popular Univision news host Jorge Ramos wrongly identified him as a U.S. immigration agent in a 2005 book about a fatal migrant smuggling venture, leading to death threats and eventually forcing the man and his family to leave Guatemala.
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala authorities say the Pacaya volcano near Guatemala City has shot plumes of ash and vapor 2.3 miles (3.7 kilometers) high, while spewing glowing-hot rock.
GUATEMALA CITY - A Guatemalan court on Friday convicted three Mexican men and six Guatemalans of murder and kidnapping for the 2011 massacre of 27 farm workers. It sentenced them to 106 years in prison each.
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's government says a police agent shot to death two colleagues and then killed himself while checking a captured drug shipment.
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's Congress formed a commission Monday to pick a replacement to take over from the country's crusading attorney general in May despite demands from human rights groups to keep her until December.