- Guatemala interior minister resigns amid political crisis Updated: May-21-15 6:16 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's interior minister and three other Cabinet officials stepped down Thursday amid a growing political crisis over corruption scandals that have prompted calls for President Otto Perez Molina and others close to him to resign.
- Guatemala arrests 16 in health care corruption scandal Updated: May-20-15 1:20 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan authorities have arrested more than a dozen public servants and private citizens in connection with a health care corruption case.
- Guatemalan president vows to stay in office despite protests Updated: May-18-15 7:48 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina has said he will stay in office through his full term ending in January 2016 despite massive protests against government corruption.
- Guatemala congress picks new VP in wake of customs scandal Updated: May-14-15 6:33 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's congress selected a successor Thursday for the vice president who resigned over a widening customs corruption scandal that implicated her top aide.
- Guatemala extradites alleged drug kingpin to United States Updated: Apr-30-15 4:28 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - An alleged narco-kingpin wanted in New York for his purported role in an international drug trafficking conspiracy was extradited to the United States on Thursday, Guatemalan authorities said.
- Guatemala asks for renewal of UN commission probing crime Updated: Apr-23-15 3:20 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala is inviting a U.N. commission to continue its work investigating criminal networks in the Central American nation, President Otto Perez Molina said Thursday.