- Guatemala court revives study on ending president's immunity Updated: Jul-01-15 11:44 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's constitutional court on Wednesday revived a process that could strip President Otto Perez Molina of immunity from prosecution amid growing corruption scandals.
- Guatemalan court brakes effort to strip president's immunity Updated: Jun-18-15 11:08 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's constitutional court on Thursday temporarily blocked an effort to strip President Otto Perez Molina of immunity as corruption investigations advance.
- 12-year-old girl's wedding leads to probe of Guatemala mayor Updated: Jun-15-15 5:40 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A Guatemalan mayor who allegedly authorized the marriage of a 12-year-old girl to a man 11 years her senior is facing investigation and possible prosecution.
- Mexico's deportations of Central Americans rise sharply Updated: Jun-11-15 4:52 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico deported 79 percent more people from Central America's northern triangle in the first four months of 2015 than it did during the same period a year earlier, according to government statistics.
- Lawyer for former Guatemalan dictator shot dead in capital Updated: Jun-03-15 8:07 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - The lawyer representing former dictator Efrain Rios Montt against genocide charges was shot to death while driving in Guatemala's capital Wednesday.