- Suburban Syracuse village hopes to keep swan eggs Updated: May-05-15 3:04 am
MANLIUS, New York - Two years after a man was sentenced to weekends in jail for smashing swan eggs in a suburban Syracuse park, new state rules may force the village that owns the swans to destroy the latest clutch of eggs.
- Syracuse police capture man accused of dragging officer Updated: May-04-15 6:16 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse police say they've captured a 25-year-old city man who is facing charges of trying to run down a police officer six weeks ago.
- NY Air National Guard opens new training center Updated: May-04-15 3:10 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The 108th Attack Squadron of the New York Air National Guard has opened a new $3.5 million facility at Hancock Field near Syracuse to train students to operate the MQ-9 Reaper weapon system.
- Man, 87, found dead in Syracuse stream; ruled a drowning Updated: May-03-15 3:31 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse Police say an autopsy has determined that an 87-year-old man found dead in Onondaga Creek died of drowning.
- Airport contract worker charged with making terrorist threat Updated: May-03-15 3:23 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police say a contract worker at Syracuse Hancock International Airport has been charged with making a terrorist threat after co-workers said he threatened to get a gun and "kill everybody."
- Man dead, 2 hurt in Syracuse house fire Updated: May-03-15 3:01 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police say a 49-year-old man has died and two people are injured after flames engulfed a home on the north side of Syracuse.
- Police chief calls NY teen's killing 'utterly ridiculous' Updated: May-02-15 6:46 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - An upstate New York police chief has called the shooting death of a 15-year-old boy after a brief verbal argument "utterly ridiculous" and "senseless."
- Valverde signs minor league deal with Nationals Updated: Apr-29-15 7:27 pm
- Public forum on upstate development slated for Syracuse Updated: Apr-29-15 3:05 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The Central New York Regional Economic Development Council is hosting its first public forum.
- Ron Perlman to run production firm at upstate New York site Updated: Apr-28-15 11:02 am
DEWITT, New York - Film and television star Ron Perlman plans to establish his movie production company at New York state's nanotechnology site started in suburban Syracuse last year.
- Syracuse U. frat hazing investigation leads to discipline Updated: Apr-27-15 6:03 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A Syracuse University fraternity has been told to stop all public activities and a fraternity member faces possible assault charges after an investigation of potential hazing.
- NY man indicted for assault for causing bus crash Updated: Apr-26-15 3:10 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A 37-year-old upstate New York man has been charged with assault for causing a bus crash that injured 26 people.
- Police capture fugitive hiding out at Onondaga Nation home Updated: Apr-22-15 6:29 am
NEDROW, New York - Authorities say police have captured a fugitive sought for firing a gun near firefighters while they battled a blaze on the Onondaga Indian Reservation earlier this month.
- Killer admits causing $4K-plus in damage at NY hospital Updated: Apr-21-15 10:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A man serving a prison sentence for ordering the killing of another man has pleaded guilty to causing thousands of dollars in damage to a Syracuse hospital by breaking a sprinkler while in custody.
- Police say Syracuse taxi driver stabbed by fare Updated: Apr-18-15 10:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse police say a taxi driver is in serious condition after he was stabbed by a passenger who tried to rob him.
- Syracuse extends contract of women's hoops coach Hillsman Updated: Apr-17-15 4:40 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse has extended women's basketball coach Quentin Hillsman's contract.
- Albany lacrosse player Lyle Thompson Div I leading scorer Updated: Apr-16-15 5:12 pm
ALBANY, New York - Albany lacrosse player Lyle Thompson is the all-time leading scorer in Division I history, and his teammates are grateful to play with him.
- Plea hearing for NY man accused of kidnapping 2 Amish girls Updated: Apr-16-15 10:44 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A federal judge has scheduled a hearing next month for a change of plea by a man who previously pleaded not guilty in the kidnapping and sex abuse of two Amish girls in northern New York.
- Dead body found in upstate NY pond Updated: Apr-10-15 3:08 am
CLAY, New York - The Onondaga County Sheriff's Department is investigating the discovery of a body found floating in a pond in the northern suburbs of Syracuse.
- 1955 Syracuse Nationals to be honored by AHL's Crunch Updated: Apr-10-15 3:05 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Three living members of the 1955 NBA champion Syracuse Nationals are being honored by the AHL's Syracuse Crunch.
- Cuomo taps former Syracuse mayor as NY transportation chief Updated: Apr-09-15 1:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's governor has named former Syracuse Mayor Matthew Driscoll to be the state's next commissioner of the Department of Transportation.
- Police: Man was drunk when he crashed car, got hit on I-690 Updated: Apr-09-15 8:26 am
LYSANDER, New York - Police say they've charged a 53-year-old man with drunken driving after he crashed is car off a Syracuse-area interstate and then was struck by a vehicle while walking along the highway.
- Syracuse mayor to urge action on federal highway trust fund Updated: Apr-09-15 7:28 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The mayor Syracuse is making another public plea for lawmakers to provide enough funding to improve her city's aging infrastructure.
- New York VA facilities have few delays, some patients wait Updated: Apr-09-15 6:14 am
ALBANY, New York - Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals and clinics in New York are relatively good at seeing patients promptly, but veterans seeking care at facilities upstate are much more likely to face waits of a month or more.
- Man charged with drugged driving after fatal crash Updated: Apr-08-15 7:11 pm
CAMILLUS, New York - A 22-year-old man has been charged with driving under the influence of drugs after a head-on crash in central New York that killed a 79-year-old woman.