- Attorneys for accused church shooter let out of other cases Updated: Aug-28-15 3:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Attorneys representing the man accused of killing nine people at a historic black church will be allowed to solely focus on his case until it's resolved, a judge ruled on Friday.
- Walker giving foreign policy speech in South Carolina Updated: Aug-28-15 4:04 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Scott Walker is coming to South Carolina to discuss what American foreign policy would look like in his administration.
- Rubio says strength is only way to maintain peace with China Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says the United States must bolster its military, push for more free trade and hold China far more accountable on human rights.
- Texas judge clears way for removal of Jefferson Davis statue Updated: Aug-27-15 7:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A judge on Thursday cleared the way for the University of Texas to move a statue of Confederate President Jefferson Davis away from the main area of campus, despite objections from a Southern heritage group that called uprooting the monument a "cultural atrocity" and compared it to the Islamic State destroying ancient artifacts in the Middle East.
- Bowl Eligible? South Carolina looking to host 1st bowl game Updated: Aug-27-15 4:18 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Organizers of the annual college all-star game held in South Carolina are confident the contest known as The Medal of Honor Bowl will become the state's first traditional bowl game now that the Confederate flag no longer flies on Statehouse grounds.
- Spartanburg schools will not single out Confederate flag Updated: Aug-27-15 7:43 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Schools in Charleston County have banned Confederate items from clothing, jewelry and cars on campus this year, just a couple of months after the shooting deaths of nine people at a historic black church.
- 2 men who pleaded guilty to Beaufort man's murder sentenced Updated: Aug-27-15 3:22 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Two men who pleaded guilty to killing a 25-year-old Beaufort man after arranging to buy the victim's pickup truck off Craigslist have been sentenced.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Aug-26-15 4:24 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Bail hearing delayed for ex-officer charged with murder Updated: Aug-26-15 12:54 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A judge has postponed a bail hearing for a white former South Carolina police officer charged in the shooting death of a black motorist.
- Charleston dispute centers on waterfront park Updated: Aug-25-15 8:01 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A waterfront park on the Ashley River in Charleston is pitting the city and private property owners.
- 2 drones spotted near Charleston International Airport Updated: Aug-25-15 7:05 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Drones are a growing concern for pilots and the Federal Aviation Administration says there have been two recent incidents near Charleston International Airport.
- Delay sought in hearing for ex-officer charged with murder Updated: Aug-24-15 12:50 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Defense attorneys are asking to delay a bond hearing for a white former police officer charged in the shooting death of a black motorist.
- Charleston Southern promotes McKie Updated: Aug-24-15 11:36 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston Southern has promoted assistant BJ McKie to associate head coach.
- $3M expected for Intracoastal Waterway dredging in SC Updated: Aug-24-15 9:42 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Sections of the Intracoastal Waterway near the Isle of Palms and near McClellanville are expected to be dredged thanks to almost $3 million earmarked for waterway maintenance.
- Person shot to death at North Charleston apartment Updated: Aug-24-15 7:38 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Police in North Charleston are looking for suspects after a man was shot and killed at an apartment complex.
- Lowcountry seminars focus on keeping places of worship safe Updated: Aug-24-15 4:20 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Charleston County Sheriff's Department is holding a series of one-day training seminars this week on protecting places of worship.
- FBI officials to hold seminar about church violence Updated: Aug-23-15 11:36 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Federal Bureau of Investigation officials will talk about violence in churches and other houses of worship during a presentation that follows the shootings at a church in Charleston.
- Record year expected on the docks in Charleston Updated: Aug-23-15 10:02 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The South Carolina Ports Authority is expecting a record year on the docks in the Charleston area.
- Police: 19-year-old playing with gun kills 15-year-old Updated: Aug-21-15 5:06 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A 19-year-old man has been charged with involuntary manslaughter after police say he was playing with a gun when he fatally shot a 15-year-old boy in North Charleston.
- Home on Charleston's Battery brings record $7.7M Updated: Aug-20-15 7:41 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A mansion on Charleston's historic Battery has sold for $7.7 million, a record for a home in the city's historic district.
- SC Ports Authority turns over 50 acres for Charleston park Updated: Aug-19-15 3:52 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The South Carolina Ports Authority is transferring 50 acres on Daniel Island in Charleston to the state for use as a park.
- Plans for $4.5B South Carolina-Georgia port near milestone Updated: Aug-19-15 3:28 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Years of planning to build a joint $4.5 billion Georgia-South Carolina container ship terminal on the Savannah River are nearing a milestone.
- Civil War re-enactment canceled after Charleston slayings Updated: Aug-19-15 12:55 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina - A Civil War battle re-enactment at a historic South Carolina planation has been canceled in the wake of the shooting deaths of nine black parishioners at a Charleston church in June.
- Debate set for Democrats vying for Pinckney's seat Updated: Aug-19-15 8:44 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The South Carolina Democratic Party is hosting a debate for candidates vying for the state Senate seat that Clementa Pinckney held for 15 years before he and eight of his parishioners were slain in June.
- No more handouts on Charleston's roadways Updated: Aug-19-15 7:52 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston has a new ordinance to discourage panhandling.