- 2 die in wreck in North Charleston Updated: Mar-11-14 6:47 am
- SC man faces 3rd trial in roommates' death Updated: Mar-11-14 6:29 am
- SC House refuses to restore college cuts for books Updated: Mar-10-14 7:14 pm
- NAACP opposes McConnell for college president Updated: Mar-10-14 3:54 pm
- Arm wrestling event supports transgender SC youth Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- Coastal Carolina tops Charleston So. 73-68, 2OT Updated: Mar-07-14 11:17 pm
- Wilson returning $200 in donations from 2010 race Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 pm
- SC expects no delay between study and harbor work Updated: Mar-07-14 12:44 pm
- Meeting to focus on James Island development Updated: Mar-07-14 4:07 am
- Charleston Southern tops Campbell 81-71 Updated: Mar-05-14 9:45 pm
- Charleston park sites draw 890,000 in 2012 Updated: Mar-03-14 3:55 pm
- Coastal Carolina edges Charleston Southern 63-61 Updated: Mar-01-14 5:03 pm
- Delaware tops College of Charleston 89-86 Updated: Mar-01-14 4:25 pm
- Charleston garden holds youth appreciation event Updated: Mar-01-14 11:04 am
- Charleston man charged in Sumter home invasion Updated: Feb-28-14 8:46 am
- Young Democrats of America to meet in Charleston Updated: Feb-28-14 4:04 am
- Gardner-Webb holds off Charleston Southern 78-76 Updated: Feb-26-14 11:00 pm
- Charleston approves bike lane on busy bridge Updated: Feb-26-14 7:58 am
- Ex-Special Olympics coach gets 15 year sentence Updated: Feb-26-14 6:44 am
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Feb-25-14 1:53 pm
- Compromise reached on tree-cutting on I-26 stretch Updated: Feb-24-14 6:57 pm
- Charleston Southern pounds Presbyterian 86-47 Updated: Feb-22-14 9:33 pm
- Man gets 45 years in North Charleston shooting Updated: Feb-21-14 7:40 am
- Gullah Geechee Commission meeting Updated: Feb-21-14 4:05 am
- Sanford scheduled to make stops in SC district Updated: Feb-20-14 4:08 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Two people have died in a wreck in North Charleston.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A North Charleston man faces a third trial for the deaths of two roommates.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina House refused Monday to back down from plans to punish two public colleges in the budget for assigning freshmen to read books dealing with homosexuality.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Civil rights leaders say they oppose Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell, a Civil War re-enactor, for president of the College of Charleston.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - An arm wrestling competition scheduled for the weekend is designed to support transgender youth in South Carolina.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Josh Cameron scored 20 points as Coastal Carolina, the top seed from the South Division, beat Charleston Southern, 5th-seeded out of the South division, 73-68 in the quarterfinals of the Big South Conference tournament on Friday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The campaign of South Carolina's top prosecutor is refunding $200 to a lobbyist who donated to his 2010 campaign and correcting campaign filings so that a legal firm didn't appear to give the maximum donation twice, following notification from the State Ethics Commission.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina ports officials expect a seamless transition from the federal studies of deepening the Charleston Harbor shipping channel to dredging work on the $300 million project, which could begin next year.
JAMES ISLAND, South Carolina - The public has a chance to find out about future development plans for fast-growing James Island near Charleston.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Arlon Harper scored 20 points and Will Saunders added 18 as Charleston Southern, the No. 5 seed out of the North Division, beat Campbell, seeded fourth from the South Division, 81-71 in the opening round of the Big South Conference tournament Wednesday night.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A new report finds that National Park Service sites in the Charleston area and the tourists they attract mean millions to the local economy.
CONWAY, South Carolina - Warren Gillis scored 21 points, including the game-winning jumper, to lift Coastal Carolina to a 63-61 victory over Charleston Southern and clinch the division title on Saturday.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Devon Saddler scored 24 points and Delaware kept its first-place status in the Colonial Athletic Association after knocking off College of Charleston 89-86 on Saturday.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is opening its gates to young people who are members of organized groups.
SUMTER, South Carolina - A Charleston man has been arrested and charged with a home invasion shooting death in Sumter.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Young Democrats of America are scheduled to hold their winter meeting in Charleston.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Jerome Hill scored 23 points, including a go-ahead jumper with 33 seconds to play, as Gardner-Webb held off Charleston Southern for a 78-76 victory on Wednesday night.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston City Council has decided to eliminate a traffic lane to create a bike and pedestrian lane on the busy Ashley River Bridge on U.S. 17.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A former Special Olympics volunteer coach has been sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for having sex with a 15-year-old athlete.
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - There's been a compromise on the heated issue of cutting trees in the median of Interstate 26 northwest of Charleston.
CLINTON, South Carolina - Will Saunders scored 17 points - with all five of his buckets from 3-point range - as Charleston Southern connected on seven of its first nine shots and never trailed in an 86-47 pasting of Presbyterian on Saturday night.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A North Charleston man has been sentenced to 45 years in prison for killing a man during an argument over a child.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The commission working to preserve the culture of sea island slave descendants in four southeastern states is scheduled to meet in Florida.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Rep. Mark Sanford is spending time this week meeting with constituents in his coastal South Carolina congressional district.