- Leesville seeks volunteers to build playground Updated: Apr-18-14 4:08 am
- Xavier's Jackson wins coach of year honor Updated: Apr-18-14 4:08 am
- Nicholls auditorium dedicated to dean's memory Updated: Apr-18-14 4:07 am
- State government offices closed for Good Friday Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- La. man charged in Miss. sex-trafficking case Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Children's Hospital apologizes for slow response Updated: Apr-17-14 9:46 pm
- New Orleans tax preparer arrested for fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 5:07 pm
- Former SLU president Clea Parker dies Updated: Apr-17-14 5:01 pm
- Mayor pitches New Orleans as home for Late Show Updated: Apr-17-14 4:43 pm
- Davis provided hope for Pelicans, but needs help Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Group marking 150th anniversary of Arkansas battle Updated: Apr-17-14 3:48 pm
- Funding pact reached in Orleans jail reform battle Updated: Apr-17-14 3:28 pm
- Education chief: Testing critics don't have plan Updated: Apr-17-14 3:02 pm
- Brusly police chief pleads guilty to malfeasance Updated: Apr-17-14 12:28 pm
- Deputies: Man kills wife, son; car found on bridge Updated: Apr-17-14 12:18 pm
- Bond Commission backs Jindal plan for surplus cash Updated: Apr-17-14 11:56 am
- Proposed taxes crucial to Union Parish schools Updated: Apr-17-14 10:46 am
- Early voting begins Saturday for jail tax Updated: Apr-17-14 10:34 am
- St. James puts youth center on market for $2.5M Updated: Apr-17-14 10:28 am
- Case of man who killed kidnapper before grand jury Updated: Apr-17-14 10:16 am
- Land acquired for Comite River canal project Updated: Apr-17-14 10:07 am
- Career Academy will close at end of school year Updated: Apr-17-14 9:59 am
- Teche shareholders to vote on IberiaBank merger Updated: Apr-17-14 9:49 am
- Lafayette school board approves security presence Updated: Apr-17-14 8:28 am
- Board to demolish historic Cohn High School Updated: Apr-17-14 8:01 am
LEESVILLE, Louisiana - The City of Leesville is seeking volunteers to help build a playground for Jubilee Park.
NEW ORLEANS - Xavier University of Louisiana's Dannton Jackson has been named Louisiana Small College Coach of the Year for 2014.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - An auditorium at Nicholls State University has been formally renamed and dedicated to the memory of Ridley J. Gros.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State government offices are closed for the Good Friday holiday, in advance of Easter.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Attorney in New Orleans says a Louisiana man has been indicted in a 2012 sex trafficking case.
NEW ORLEANS - Five years after five children died with a fungal infection contracted from hospital linens, Children's Hospital has started notifying families to tell them their loved ones were affected by the outbreak.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans woman has been arrested for allegedly defrauding the state of more than $900,000 through the filing of false tax returns.
HAMMOND, Louisiana - Former Southeastern Louisiana University President Clea (CLEE) E. Parker has died.
NEW ORLEANS - Los Angeles and New York have been making their cases. Now, New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu is pitching his city as the new home for the "Late Show" when Stephen Colbert takes over that CBS program from David Letterman next year.
NEW ORLEANS - The way Anthony Davis blossomed into an All-Star before he'd even turned 21 provided the Pelicans with hope for the future during an otherwise bleak season.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A southern Arkansas group is marking the 150th anniversary of a local Civil War battle with a re-enactment of the Confederate victory, educational programs and what some historians see as a shifting approach to remembering the war that divided a nation.
NEW ORLEANS - Lawyers for the city of New Orleans and the local sheriff have reached agreement, for now, on how to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to reform the city's violent jail.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Continued efforts to try to keep Louisiana from using tests associated with the Common Core education standards are creating "a state of chaos" for public school teachers, Superintendent of Education John White said Thursday.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Brusly Police Chief Jamie Whaley has pleaded guilty to one count of malfeasance and was sentenced to 18 months of probation.
GONZALES, Louisiana - Ascension Parish deputies say they are searching for a man who may have jumped off a Mississippi River bridge after shooting and killing his estranged wife and 12-year-old son.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal's plan to use $210 million in surplus and one-time money to help balance next year's budget received the backing Thursday of the State Bond Commission, support that was needed for the maneuver to work.
FARMERVILLE, Louisiana - Union Parish Superintendent George Cannon calls May 3 the most significant day in 20 years for students in Union Parish.
THIBODEAUX, Louisiana - Early voting will begin Saturday on a proposal that would add a sales tax for the construction of a $30 million jail in Lafourche Parish.
VACHERIE, Louisiana - The St. James Parish Youth Detention Center is on the market for $2.5 million following a vote by the parish council to declare it surplus property.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette Parish grand jury will decide next week whether to charge the man who in November shot to death a kidnapper who abducted his cousin.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 66-acre tract along U.S. 61 has been acquired for the long-awaited Comite River Diversion Canal project.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After months of fruitless efforts to secure a home, the board of directors of Career Academy agreed unanimously the career-oriented high school will close its doors next month when this school year ends.
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - Teche Holding Co. shareholders will decide whether to approve IberiaBank Corp.'s acquisition of the smaller company during a special shareholders meeting on May 28 in New Iberia.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A school resource officer is expected to become a regular attendee at Lafayette Parish School Board meetings.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - The West Baton Rouge Parish School Board has taken steps toward demolishing the old Cohn High School campus, authorizing school district officials to begin the bidding process to tear down the historic buildings.