- Davis leads Pelicans over Bucks 112-104 Updated: Mar-08-14 12:14 am
- AP source: Saints tell Sproles he won't return Updated: Mar-07-14 10:44 pm
- Fairview defeats Lacassine 76-53 Updated: Mar-07-14 9:53 pm
- Correction: Cent Arkansas-Northwestern St story Updated: Mar-07-14 9:35 pm
- Bucks' Mayo ejected for flagrant foul Updated: Mar-07-14 9:29 pm
- Grand jury declines to indict man in son's death Updated: Mar-07-14 7:34 pm
- Judge: Sharper can't be held indefinitely in jail Updated: Mar-07-14 7:16 pm
- Hackberry girls win Class C title Updated: Mar-07-14 7:00 pm
- Franklin Parish school bus driver cited for wreck Updated: Mar-07-14 6:27 pm
- Jindal supports proposed abortion restrictions Updated: Mar-07-14 6:09 pm
- AP Interview: Jindal outlines session priorities Updated: Mar-07-14 12:28 pm
- BESE delays decision on $3.5B school funding plan Updated: Mar-07-14 11:53 am
- Man dies after rear-ending 18-wheeler on I-10 Updated: Mar-07-14 11:50 am
- St. Tammany creates economic development districts Updated: Mar-07-14 10:27 am
- Construction on ULL student union on schedule Updated: Mar-07-14 10:01 am
- MoveOn keeps tourism slogan Updated: Mar-07-14 9:53 am
- St. James Parish to consider land-use plan Updated: Mar-07-14 9:47 am
- Officials: Woman found Jan. 31 drowned Updated: Mar-07-14 8:05 am
- 'Innovative Schools' plan to Baton Rouge board Updated: Mar-07-14 7:31 am
- Farmers urged to prep for possible aphid attack Updated: Mar-07-14 6:59 am
- Fort Polk man sentenced for burglary on Army base Updated: Mar-07-14 6:40 am
- Rogge to retire as Rapides Parish Library director Updated: Mar-07-14 6:38 am
- Acadia gas well capped, ends evacuations Updated: Mar-07-14 4:08 am
- Free activities at Kisatchie Forest Day next week Updated: Mar-07-14 4:06 am
- Rapides students must make up another ice day Updated: Mar-07-14 4:06 am
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis has one game left to show why he's the best player under 21 years old in the NBA.
NEW ORLEANS - A person familiar with the situation says Darren Sproles has been informed that the Saints will release him if they are unable to trade him before free agency begins.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - Maghan Cooley led Fairview to its eighth-consecutive Class B championship, scoring 25 points in a 76-53 win over Lacassine.
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - In a March 6 story about Northwestern State's 119-102 basketball victory over Central Arkansas, The Associated Press reported erroneously that it was the Demons' third-highest total against a Division I opponent this season. It was the Demons' highest total of the season.
NEW ORLEANS - Milwaukee's O.J. Mayo has been ejected from Friday night's game against New Orleans.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A grand jury has declined to indict a 23-year-old Baton Rouge man for murder in the death of his 6-month-old son, Aiden, who showed signs of previous abuse, including having been burned in a scalding bath.
LOS ANGELES - A judge refused Friday to immediately release former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper from jail in a Los Angeles rape case but said she would have to free him soon if charges aren't filed in a similar case in Louisiana.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - Destiny Simon scored 24 points to lead Hackberry to the Class C state championship Friday with a 46-35 win over Summerfield.
WINNSBORO, Louisiana - A Franklin Parish school bus driver has been arrested for driving under suspension after crashing her bus into another vehicle.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal is backing new restrictions on abortion providers in Louisiana.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal wants to reshape what students are taught in high school and college to provide a pipeline of workers to fill petrochemical and manufacturing jobs his administration has drawn to Louisiana.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education has stalled action on a $3.5 billion annual school funding formula due to state lawmakers by March 15.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Police say a 46-year-old man was killed when he drove his car hit the rear of a westbound 18-wheeler on Interstate 10 in Lafayette.
COVINGTON, Louisiana - The St. Tammany Parish Council has voted created two more economic development districts that parish officials say will help guide commercial development in strategic areas along the Interstate 12 corridor.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Construction on the University of Louisiana at Lafayette student union remains on schedule to be completed by the end of the year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne wants a pro-Medicaid expansion group to stop using the state's tourism marketing slogan in its billboard campaign.
CONVENT, Louisiana - The St. James Parish Council has set two public hearings on a proposed land-use plan that some officials say would reduce conflicts between residents and industry, promote affordable housing and preserve historic sites all while encouraging economic development.
LAKE ARTHUR, Louisiana - Authorities say 27-year-old Lacie Fontenot, whose body was found Jan. 31 in a wooded area in Lake Arthur, drowned as a result of hypothermia.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge Parish Superintendent Bernard Taylor told the school board he hopes to solicit proposals to create new schools in order to head off growing competition from charter schools.
WINNSBORO, Louisiana - LSU AgCenter scientists are warning Louisiana farmers about a new pest infiltrating sorghum crops, and urging them to be on the lookout.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A federal judge has sentenced a 20-year-old Fort Polk man to a year in prison for a burglary on the central Louisiana military base.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Steve Rogge has served as Rapides Parish Library system director for 30 years ago.
EUNICE, Louisiana - An Acadia Parish natural gas well that blew out last week has been capped.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Kisatchie National Forest Day is set for March 15 as part of the month-long Central Louisiana Outdoor Adventure Festival.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Rapides Parish public schools students can expect 20 extra minutes of class time for a few more weeks this spring, thanks to another ice day.