- Graham fitting in just fine early in Seahawks camp Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
RENTON, Washington - Jimmy Graham reached over the top of the shorter safety, hauled in the touchdown pass from Russell Wilson and immediately turned and spiked the football.
- Jindal canceling state contracts with Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-03-15 6:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration announced Monday that Louisiana is ousting Planned Parenthood from its Medicaid program.
- Judge: Durst doesn't get handwriting comparisons Updated: Aug-03-15 5:35 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A judge in New Orleans says prosecutors don't have to give real estate heir Robert Durst a series of six handwriting comparisons involved in the California murder case against him.
- Brian Williams still weeks away from reappearing at MSNBC Updated: Aug-03-15 2:58 pm
NEW YORK - Next week marks the end of Brian Williams' six-month suspension from NBC News for exaggerating his role in news stories, but he isn't expected back on the air in his new job at MSNBC for at least another month.
- 5 La. universities win $20M manufacturing research grant Updated: Aug-03-15 2:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Five Louisiana universities are sharing a five-year $20 million grant to build a national consortium that supports advanced manufacturing research.
- Lafayette's charter schools must provide busing in 3 years Updated: Aug-03-15 12:05 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Three years from now, more school buses will be on the road in Lafayette Parish once its charter schools are required to transport their students.
- RTA looking at sites for major bus hub in New Orleans Updated: Aug-03-15 12:00 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Plans are inching ahead for a centralized Regional Transit Authority hub that would serve numerous bus lines converging on a single downtown New Orleans location to ease transfers.
- Little-claimed Citizens insurance rebate lowered Updated: Aug-03-15 11:46 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Everyone in Louisiana who buys property insurance will lose 28 percent of a tax credit they can get for covering the debt of the state's property insurer of last resort.
- Terrebonne deputies investigate death of unidentified woman Updated: Aug-03-15 10:34 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Sheriff's deputies have arrested a 50-year-old Terrebonne Parish man in the death of an unidentified woman.
- Man shot during Lafayette home invasion Updated: Aug-03-15 9:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette police say a home invasion has left a man in critical condition.
- Body recovered from Mississippi River identified Updated: Aug-03-15 8:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - Authorities say a body found in the Mississippi River in Plaquemines Parish has been identified as 24-year-old Jmarcus Raphael Watson, a deckhand who was last seen on board a towboat docked on the West Bank of New Orleans.
- New Orleans police investigate fatal crash on Interstate 10 Updated: Aug-03-15 7:55 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say a two-vehicle crash in Interstate 10 left one man dead and another in critical condition.
- Work to begin on home rule charter for Pointe Coupee Parish Updated: Aug-03-15 7:10 am
NEW ROADS, Louisiana - It took more than six years, but the Pointe Coupee Parish Police Jury has finally warmed up to the idea of giving its residents a chance to reshape the parish's governmental structure.
- Likely 6 months to start artillery propellant destruction Updated: Aug-03-15 6:49 am
MINDEN, Louisiana - A Louisiana National Guard spokesman says it probably will take six months of work before crews can begin destruction of 7,800 tons of artillery propellant at Camp Minden.
- Educator, state official, state Sen's brother, dead at 78 Updated: Aug-03-15 6:47 am
POVERTY POINT, Louisiana - Clyde Thompson of Delhi, an educator and a state and local government official, is dead at the age of 78.
- Police identify victims in Baton Rouge triple shooting Updated: Aug-03-15 4:05 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police have identified the three men who were recently gunned down in Baton Rouge.
- New Orleans police looking for 2 in French Quarter stabbing Updated: Aug-02-15 7:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say a 20-year-old man was stabbed after rejecting an offer to sell him drugs in one of the city's top tourist areas.
- Work on Terrebonne Juvenile Justice Center nearing end Updated: Aug-02-15 6:34 pm
GRAY, Louisiana - Work on the new $10.3 million Terrebonne Parish Juvenile Justice Center is about a month ahead of schedule, and should be completed by the end of October, says Jeanne Bray, capital projects administrator for the parish.
- 3 adults, 8-month-old die when SUV overturns Updated: Aug-02-15 1:13 pm
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - The Iberia Parish Sheriff's Office says three adults and an 8-month-old baby died after an SUV ran off the road, hit a guard rail and overturned in New Iberia.
- $110M Powerball winner in Calif, $120K Easy 5 in Winnsboro Updated: Aug-02-15 12:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Lottery Corp. says a ticket bought in California won the $110 million Powerball jackpot, and a Winnsboro buyer won the $120,000 Easy 5 jackpot.
- Police find 3 men fatally shot early Sunday in Baton Rouge Updated: Aug-02-15 11:53 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police say three men have been shot and killed at one spot.
- Man to be tried for manslaughter in teen's death Updated: Aug-02-15 11:45 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The trial of a man charged with manslaughter in the 2014 fatal shooting of Larose teenager is to begin Tuesday in Thibodaux.
- Shreveport man arrested in exploitation case Updated: Aug-02-15 11:23 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish authorities say a Shreveport man has been arrested for exploitation of the infirmed for allegedly stealing from his 86-year-old mother.
- Exhibit unveils never-displayed photos of Louis Armstrong Updated: Aug-02-15 11:06 am
NEW ORLEANS - A century after the teenage Louis Armstrong's first pro gig at a honky-tonk, an exhibit about the jazz singer and trumpeter's complicated relationship with his hometown is opening in a state museum in New Orleans' French Quarter.
- Arrest announced in store theft case Updated: Aug-02-15 10:50 am
VIVIAN, Louisiana - A cashier at a Vivian convenience store was arrested for allegedly taking over $7,000 from the store.