- Davis, Pelicans snap Jazz's 7-game win streak, 100-96 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:11 am
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis wasn't about to leave the court with any regrets.
- Man arrested after troopers find 200 pounds of marijuana Updated: Feb-10-16 9:35 pm
ST. MARTINVILLE, Louisiana - A Tennessee man is in custody after troopers seized about 202 pounds of marijuana from his truck.
- Thibodaux man dies after crashing into canal Updated: Feb-10-16 9:04 pm
CHOCTAW, Louisiana - A Thibodaux man has died after his vehicle crashed into a canal in Choctaw.
- Judge: new order against enforcing Louisiana abortion law Updated: Feb-10-16 7:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge in Louisiana has issued a new order blocking the state from enforcing a law that he says would keep most women from getting abortions.
- White House: Scrap drilling revenue sharing with Gulf states Updated: Feb-10-16 7:33 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana's U.S. senators and environmental groups are blasting the White House for proposing to help Alaska deal with rising seas by taking money away from similar efforts along the Gulf Coast.
- Edwards plans rare TV speech to talk budget woes, tax hikes Updated: Feb-10-16 6:50 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards is taking his case for taxes directly to Louisiana's residents.
- Louisiana revenue forecasts drop again; budget gap at $850M Updated: Feb-10-16 6:29 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's budget gap grew worse Wednesday, reaching a projection of at least $850 million and placing government services at risk of deep cuts, with only four months remaining to rebalance the state's spending plan.
- Louisiana reopens 3 oyster harvest areas Updated: Feb-10-16 4:45 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals has reopened oyster harvest areas 2, 3 and 4 on the east side of the Mississippi River.
- Ex-Orleans deputy sentenced for taking bribes from inmates Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former sheriff's deputy who smuggled cellphones to inmates at Orleans Parish Prison and took bribes has been sentenced to more than two years behind bars.
- GOP state lawmaker enters 4th Congressional District race Updated: Feb-10-16 3:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Republican state representative from Bossier City is running for Louisiana's congressional seat representing northwest Louisiana.
- New Orleans police recruit suspended after highway arrest Updated: Feb-10-16 1:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans Police recruit has been suspended after his arrest for alleged drunk driving.
- Woman attempts robbery with pepper spray filled water gun Updated: Feb-10-16 9:35 am
SORRENTO, Louisiana - Authorities are searching for a woman who they say attempted to rob the post office in Sorrento with a water gun filled with pepper spray.
- New Orleans police seize 30 guns during Carnival season Updated: Feb-10-16 7:52 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police confiscated 30 guns over the past 12 days while on patrol on or near the Mardi Gras parade routes.
- Central Arkansas beats Southeastern Louisiana 88-72 Updated: Feb-09-16 10:33 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - Jordan Howard scored 24 points and made 12 of 13 free throws, Derreck Brooks added 18 points with four 3-pointers and Central Arkansas beat Southeastern Louisiana 88-72 on Tuesday night.
- The Latest on Mardi Gras: Gunfire on parade route Updated: Feb-09-16 9:11 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on Mardi Gras in New Orleans (all times local):
- With costumes, beads, music, New Orleans marks Fat Tuesday Updated: Feb-09-16 8:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Dressed in elaborate costumes, dancing to the beat of brass bands and clamoring for beads from passing floats, thousands of people gathered in the streets of New Orleans to mark the culmination of the famous Mardi Gras celebration Tuesday.
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
- Sheriff: Deputies fatally shoot man near Mardi Gras parades Updated: Feb-09-16 1:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Officials say deputies fatally shot a man after an altercation and a car chase that ended near Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans.
- Burn chamber moving slowly to Camp Minden Updated: Feb-09-16 12:54 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A burn chamber is on its way to Camp Minden.
- Man seeks reduced conviction, new trial in overdose death Updated: Feb-09-16 11:02 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Denham Springs man found guilty in the 2013 heroin overdose death of his girlfriend is asking a state judge to either reduce his second-degree murder conviction to negligent homicide or grant him a new trial.
- New environmental quality leader faces big challenges Updated: Feb-09-16 10:15 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A shrinking staff, stagnant fees on industry and lagging public trust for an agency tasked with safeguarding the state's environment are some of the challenges facing new Department of Environmental Quality Secretary Chuck Carr Brown.
- State using new way to collect fines for insurance lapses Updated: Feb-09-16 8:06 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana has implemented new ways of collecting fines from people the state believes are driving without insurance.
- Walker city prosecutor resigns over alleged sex incident Updated: Feb-09-16 7:46 am
WALKER, Louisiana - The Walker city prosecutor has resigned over allegations he was seeking a sex act in an LSU restroom.
- River Bend nuclear station to undergo special inspection Updated: Feb-09-16 7:25 am
ST. FRANCISVILLE, Louisiana - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission plans a special inspection at Entergy's River Bend nuclear station in St. Francisville, after an unplanned reactor shutdown on Jan. 9.
- Wilson, Brown pace Alcorn St. to 66-63 win at Grambling St. Updated: Feb-09-16 12:16 am
GRAMBLING, Louisiana - Octavious Brown scored 15 points and made four free throws down the stretch as Alcorn State shot 57 percent from the field after halftime and held off Grambling State 66-63 on Monday night.