- Texas A&M group to study Pontchartrain Causeway Updated: Dec-13-13 8:49 am
- Judge orders Reeves' records for review Updated: Dec-13-13 8:35 am
- Suspects in beating death to be tried separately Updated: Dec-13-13 8:18 am
- Gueydan police officer arrested on drug charges Updated: Dec-13-13 8:11 am
- Lafourche Parish levee project moves ahead Updated: Dec-13-13 7:56 am
- Ascension officials unveil plans for recreation Updated: Dec-13-13 7:43 am
- Jan. vote set on tax issue for work at Walker High Updated: Dec-13-13 7:19 am
- 2 indicted in Jan. 20 Baton Rouge shooting death Updated: Dec-13-13 7:08 am
- Former LSU-Eunice employees sentenced Updated: Dec-13-13 7:02 am
- Pair arrested in Church Point bank robbery Updated: Dec-13-13 6:55 am
- Zachary man found guilty in shooting death Updated: Dec-13-13 6:44 am
- Lafayette council pulls proposal on ending rebate Updated: Dec-13-13 6:38 am
- DeRidder man accused of robbing Leesville bank Updated: Dec-13-13 6:26 am
- La. high-risk health insurance pool closing Updated: Dec-13-13 4:22 am
- Man booked for failing to return oversize deposit Updated: Dec-13-13 4:19 am
- La. optometrist indicted on theft charge Updated: Dec-13-13 4:07 am
- Gillis Long bridge reopens in Alexandria Updated: Dec-13-13 4:05 am
- 1 dead in Lincoln Parish fire Updated: Dec-13-13 4:04 am
- John Curtis beats University Laboratory School Updated: Dec-12-13 8:38 pm
- Brennan's battle in New Orleans takes a new turn Updated: Dec-12-13 8:07 pm
- Battle for historic eatery takes a new turn Updated: Dec-12-13 7:41 pm
- Galette, Jordan emerging as top sack tandem Updated: Dec-12-13 7:39 pm
- La. tax amnesty program brings in $435 million Updated: Dec-12-13 6:44 pm
- Calvary Baptist 62, Archbishop Hannan 7 Updated: Dec-12-13 5:03 pm
- Construction begins on new Allen Parish jail Updated: Dec-12-13 4:00 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway will pay the Texas A&M Transportation Institute up to $100,000 to come up with options to improve the bridge's retaining walls and prevent vehicles from vaulting off the span.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A state judge has ordered prison records of convicted killer Jason Reeves be turned over to the state as part of a determination of whether Reeves is mentally disabled.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The two suspects in the 2010 death of a University of Louisiana at Lafayette student will be tried separately next year.
KAPLAN, Louisiana - State police have arrested an off-duty, part-time Gueydan Police Officer on charges relating to possession with the intent to distribute marijuana and other narcotics.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish's portion of the local Morganza-to-the-Gulf levee project to protect it and Terrebonne Parish from hurricanes is progressing.
GONZALES, Louisiana - Ascension Parish officials have outlined an expansive vision for recreation in one of Louisiana's fastest growing parishes.
LIVINGSTON, Louisiana - The Livingston Parish School Board will vote Jan. 16 on whether to call a spring election to raise property taxes in the Walker area to pay for facility improvements at Walker High School.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Two Baton Rouge residents have been indicted in the Jan. 20 shooting death of a 33-year-old man.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two former employees of LSU-Eunice have been sentenced to federal prison terms for stealing tens of thousands of dollars in federal money meant to help students pay for a college education.
CHURCH POINT, Louisiana - Two men have been arrested and two other suspects remained at large in the armed robbery of a Church Point bank Wednesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The mother of former Clinton High and Southern University football player Silas Gibbs said the conviction of her son's killer means Gibbs and his entire family can rest in peace.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette City-Parish Council proposal to nix a rebate that helps businesses cover the administrative expenses of collecting and accounting for sales tax appears dead for now.
LEESVILLE, Louisiana - A 26-year-old DeRidder man has been booked into the Leesville City Jail, accused of robbing City Savings Bank on Monday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's high-risk health insurance pool will close Dec. 31 for its roughly 1,900 policy holders.
KENNER, Louisiana - Police in Kenner say a man has been arrested after failing to return most of the $7,000 erroneously deposited into his bank account.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge optometrist has been indicted on charges she defrauded Louisiana's Medicaid program.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A bridge used by 8,000 motorists daily in Rapides (rah-PEEDS) Parish has re-opened after being closed for 100 days for renovations.
RUSTON, Louisiana - The state Fire Marshal's office has identified a man killed in a fire in Lincoln Parish earlier this week.
NEW ORLEANS - Behind a pair of touchdowns from senior tailback Raekwon James and a stifling defense, John Curtis defeated University Laboratory School 32-0 Thursday afternoon to capture the 2013 LHSAA Division II State Championship, their 26th championship title.
NEW ORLEANS - The struggle for control of the shuttered Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans has taken a new turn: A federal appeals court has issued a ruling that essentially puts Theodore "Ted" Brennan and his daughter in charge - reversing a lower court ruling in favor of Ted's brother, Owen "Pip" Brennan.
NEW ORLEANS - The struggle for control of the shuttered Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans has taken a new turn with a federal appeals court ruling that essentially puts Theodore "Ted" Brennan and his daughter in charge - reversing a lower court ruling in favor of Ted's brother, Owen "Pip" Brennan.
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette lived with an aunt in Haiti until age 10 before reuniting with his parents in a New York suburb, and in his own words, "came from nothing."
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Delinquent taxpayers paid $435 million during Louisiana's recent tax amnesty period, more than twice the amount included in this year's operating budget, the Department of Revenue announced Thursday.
NEW ORLEANS - Paced by junior Orlando Bradford's four touchdowns, Calvary Baptist defeated Archbishop Hannan, 62-7 to capture the 2013 LHSAA Division III State Championship Thursday afternoon in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
OBERLIN, Louisiana - Officials in Allen Parish broke ground Thursday on construction of a new parish jail.