- AP Interview: Qatar minister vows to improve migrants' lives Updated: May-04-15 3:04 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar's inability to ensure decent housing for its bulging migrant labor population was "a mistake" the government is working to fix as it prepares to host the 2022 World Cup, the country's top labor official said Monday, vowing his country would improve conditions for its vast foreign labor force.
- Taliban kill 17 Afghans even as they 'welcome' peace push Updated: May-04-15 12:07 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Taliban militants who have been waging war on the Afghan government for more than a decade on Monday expressed a willingness to soften their position on a range of issues, an apparent shift that could eventually lead to peace talks.
- Qatar says Taliban, Afghan officials to hold 2 days of talks Updated: May-02-15 1:28 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Afghan and Taliban officials will hold two days of "reconciliation" talks in Qatar, the Gulf nation's state news agency reported Saturday, although both sides sought to downplay expectations from the meeting.
- Laudrup, Cannavaro eye coaching success in Asia Updated: Apr-20-15 1:14 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Michael Laudrup and Fabio Cannavaro were giants of the global game as players and can take a big step toward coaching success in Asia this week by guiding their teams to the knockout stage of the Asian Champions League.
- US First: World track championships coming to Eugene in 2021 Updated: Apr-16-15 10:41 am
BEIJING - After nearly four decades of bypassing the United States, track and field's marquee event is finally headed to the country that has been the dominant force in the sport.
- Cristiano scores 2 to give Kashiwa 4-4 draw with Shandong Updated: Apr-08-15 5:38 pm
JINAN, China - Cristiano scored a late equalizer to give Japanese club Kashiwa Reysol a 4-4 draw with Chinese side Shandong Luneng in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.