- Gulf Arab states strike new deal to heal rifts Updated: Apr-17-14 6:41 pm
- Eugene, Doha and Barcelona bid for 2019 worlds Updated: Apr-15-14 1:36 pm
- Qatar's Barshim not aiming for Diamond League gold Updated: Apr-02-14 10:51 am
- Bach visits Qatar, talks about World Cup with emir Updated: Apr-01-14 2:22 pm
- Qatar sentences US couple to 3 years in prison Updated: Mar-27-14 8:12 am
- Arab summit lays bare serious cracks on Syria Updated: Mar-26-14 4:10 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - The Western-allied Arab states of the Gulf Cooperation Council said Thursday the bloc has agreed on the mechanisms to implement a security pact, marking a possible first step toward bridging deep rifts among its six energy-rich states.
LONDON - Eugene is bidding to bring track and field's world championships to the United States for the first time.
World indoor champion Mutaz Barshim is looking right past the Diamond League season-opener in his Doha hometown next month to focus on the Asian Games.
IOC President Thomas Bach is visiting Qatar, where he discussed the gulf state's preparations for the 2022 World Cup and its treatment of migrant workers.
DOHA, Qatar - An American couple charged with starving their 8-year-old adopted daughter to death in the Gulf Arab county of Qatar was sentenced Thursday to three years in prison, a verdict that stunned and shocked the family, according to the couple's defense lawyer.
KUWAIT CITY - An Arab summit that ended Wednesday exposed cracks in what was once solid Arab support for Syrian rebels, with Saudi Arabia and Qatar divided over which factions to back and Syria's neighbors increasingly expressing fatigue with the flood of refugees from the country's civil war.