- Lynchburg woman pleads guilty to student loan fraud charges Updated: May-20-15 10:43 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A Lynchburg woman has pleaded guilty to several federal fraud charges in a scheme to defraud a student loan program and insurance companies.
- Woman sentenced to 35 years in drive-by shooting death Updated: May-19-15 8:56 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A woman will spend the next 35 years in prison after pleading guilty to the death of a man in a drive-by shooting.
- Sweet Briar's keynote speaker slams closing at commencement Updated: May-16-15 7:41 pm
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - A visitor to Sweet Briar College would be hard-pressed to find signs of the financial stress that is shuttering the tiny women's school.
- Lynchburg College students study health of area creeks Updated: May-10-15 9:53 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Donning overall waders and a backpack emitting a stunning current into the water, Ryan Thresher and fellow students searched for fish in Ivy Creek at Peaks View Park.
- Former bank executive in Va. sentenced for wire fraud Updated: May-06-15 8:22 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A former SunTrust executive who pleaded guilty to wire fraud will spend more than three years in prison.
- Ex-Nebraska aide Ron Brown leaves Youngstown St. for Liberty Updated: May-01-15 7:56 pm
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Ron Brown, the former Nebraska assistant who took a job under Bo Pelini at Youngstown State in January, is leaving the Penguins to become associate head coach and receivers coach at Liberty University.
- Task force outlines train derailment response improvements Updated: May-01-15 5:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia doesn't have the specialized training, expertise and equipment necessary to deal with a "worst-case scenario" involving train derailments, according to a new report from a state task force.
- Friends of man killed by train ordered to be in safety video Updated: Apr-30-15 7:26 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A judge has ordered four friends of a man killed by a train to participate in a video about the consequences of trespassing on tracks and trestles.
- Lynchburg man receives life sentences for robbery, slaying Updated: Apr-30-15 7:07 am
RUSTBURG, Virginia - A Lynchburg man has received two life sentences after pleading guilty to robbing and killing a woman in 2012.