- Correction: Genworth-Layoffs story Updated: Feb-07-16 5:48 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - In a story Feb. 6 about layoffs at Genworth Financial Inc., The Associated Press reported erroneous numbers and misidentified a company spokesman. The total number of layoffs is 330, not approximately 400, with 70 of those in Richmond and 200 in Lynchburg - not between 75 and 100 in Richmond and 39 in Lynchburg. The figures came from spokeswoman Julie Westerman, not Al Orendorff.
- Liberty wins 5th straight, beats Winthrop 88-77 Updated: Feb-02-16 9:39 pm
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A.C. Reid scored all of his 17 points in the first half as Liberty built a big lead early and cruised to an 88-77 victory over Winthrop on Tuesday night for its fifth straight win.
- Virginia spending more on development deals, GOP scrutinizes Updated: Feb-01-16 6:27 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - It's a key part of being Virginia's governor: using cash, tax breaks or other incentives to lure companies to expand or relocate in the Old Dominion.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Jan-27-16 2:43 pm
Cruz supporters in Iowa take Trump to task
- States deal with a variety of issues after historic blizzard Updated: Jan-25-16 3:17 pm
From getting the most snow to treacherous Monday morning commutes, here's a look at how states along the East Coast are digging out from the weekend blizzard.
- Virginia couple weds despite snow, with tiny change in plan Updated: Jan-25-16 2:45 pm
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A Virginia couple refused to allow the recent snowstorm to ruin their marriage plans.
- Liberty upsets High Point 69-67 behind Reid, Dawson Updated: Jan-23-16 2:24 pm
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A.C Reid scored 15 points, John Dawson added 11 and the winning basket at the buzzer, and Liberty upset High Point 69-67 on Saturday to end a four-game skid at home against the Panthers dating to the 2010-11 season.
- Dawson, Cabbil help Liberty hold off Longwood for 55-53 win Updated: Jan-19-16 9:58 pm
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - John Dawson had 14 points, nine rebounds and five assists, and Lovell Cabbil hit 5 of 6 free throws in the final 34 seconds to help Liberty hold off Longwood for a 55-53 win Tuesday night.
- Areva lays off about 50 employees in Lynchburg Updated: Jan-19-16 2:28 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Areva North America has laid off about 50 people in Lynchburg.
- Trump scheduled to make stop at Liberty University Updated: Jan-18-16 2:01 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Presidential candidate Donald Trump is heading to Liberty University, a familiar stop for Republicans with their sights set on the White House.
- Police ID patient who was shot by guard during altercation Updated: Jan-13-16 5:19 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - New details have emerged after police say a security guard shot and critically wounded a patient at Lynchburg General Hospital.