- Vicksburg reenactors honor Marine killed in Chattanooga Updated: Jul-27-15 3:19 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Vicksburg National Military Park honored the life of one of their own, Marine Lance Cpl. Squire Wells, killed in the recent Chattanooga recruiting office shootings.
- Downtown Vicksburg hotel closes for 7-month renovation Updated: Jul-24-15 4:43 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Vicksburg marketers are scrambling to find new lodging for convention guests after the city's only downtown hotel closed abruptly for renovations.
- 11 arrests reported in vandalism spree in Vicksburg Updated: Jul-22-15 4:06 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Eleven people have been arrested in a weeklong string of vandalism in Vicksburg that authorities say caused thousands of dollars in damage and destroyed more than three dozen windows of business and vehicles.
- Mississippi River to crest Saturday in Vicksburg Updated: Jul-17-15 4:28 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Mississippi River is expected to crest at Vicksburg on Saturday but high water levels will linger.
- Historic Vicksburg property, contents to be auctioned Updated: Jul-17-15 10:42 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Old Feld Home in Vicksburg, with its prominent blue-tiled roof and Palladian arches, will be auctioned Saturday.
- State to receive $3.5 million for AmeriCorps program Updated: Jul-16-15 4:32 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Grants totaling $3.5 million will support 522 AmeriCorps members who will serve across Mississippi through 14 sponsoring organizations.
- Bond company ordered to pay $300K of Palmertree restitution Updated: Jul-14-15 4:04 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The company that issued the public official bonds for former Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley-Palmertree must pay $300,000 of the $818,251 she owes the county.
- No trespassing: Vicksburg fence in old charity hospital Updated: Jul-11-15 11:08 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The City of Vicksburg is stepping up its efforts to deal with the old Kuhn Memorial Hospital.
- Bail denied in attempted murder case Updated: Jul-10-15 2:14 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - A judge has denied bond to two Warren County men who allegedly abducted a woman and threw her from a moving vehicle.
- Vicksburg military park: Little impact from flag proposal Updated: Jul-09-15 7:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Congress is arguing about a proposal to ban Confederate flags on rebel graves in cemeteries run by the National Park Service, but the outcome will have little effect on Mississippi's only Park Service cemetery.
- Divers find body of man dragged into Vicksburg canal Updated: Jul-07-15 5:47 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Divers searching the waters near Vicksburg's City Front have located the body of a man reportedly dragged into the Yazoo Diversion Canal after his truck's brakes failed.
- Missouri plans for Vicksburg monument fixes raises questions Updated: Jul-06-15 12:20 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Money set aside by Missouri lawmakers could mean repairs to cracked stone and broken bronze on the first state Civil War Memorial dedicated to soldiers of both armies, but state officials have raised concerns about the funding.
- Vicksburg police identify body found in closed hospital Updated: Jun-29-15 6:38 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Vicksburg police have identified the body found at a shuttered hospital as that of a woman who had been abducted from her home.
- 2 in custody as police search for missing Vicksburg woman Updated: Jun-29-15 9:20 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - As the search goes on for a missing 69-year-old Vicksburg woman, police in Vicksburg say they have taken two men into custody in connection with the case.