- Vicksburg signs agreement for airport upgrades Updated: Aug-29-15 11:04 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The city of Vicksburg is getting more than $170,000 from the Federal Aviation Administration for improvements to the Vicksburg Municipal Airport.
- Downtown tax district renewed for Main Street Updated: Aug-28-15 5:08 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Vicksburg Main Street program will continue to generate revenue from a property millage in their taxing district.
- Boil water notice affecting 10,000 in Vicksburg Updated: Aug-27-15 5:50 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - An estimated 10,000 customers on the City of Vicksburg's water system and in the Yokena-Jeff Davis Water District, which buys water from the city, are under a boil order until further notice.
- 50-year-old man arrested in connection with stabbing death Updated: Aug-22-15 3:46 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Police say a 50-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the stabbing death of another man early Saturday.
- Stolen gun to be returned to family of the late Gov. Fordice Updated: Aug-21-15 4:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Vicksburg police say a pistol engraved with the name of former Mississippi Gov. Kirk Fordice and seized in a Jackson drug raid had been stolen from a truck owned by a relative.
- Corps' Mat Sinking Unit looking to automation Updated: Aug-21-15 4:05 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - After nearly 70 years of service, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Mat Sinking Unit is ready for an upgrade.
- New editor named at The Vicksburg Post Updated: Aug-20-15 12:04 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Jan Griffey has been named editor of The Vicksburg Post and affiliated publications.
- Vicksburg hosts Harrison Central Updated: Aug-20-15 4:17 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - At heart, Marcus Rogers likes nothing more than to see a spiraling football cutting through the night sky before landing in the hands of one of his receivers sprinting untouched toward the end zone.
- Warren Co. repaid for part of loss in public corruption case Updated: Aug-17-15 12:55 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Warren County has been reimbursed for about one-third of the money it lost in a public corruption case involving a former circuit clerk.
- Teens arrested in vandalism of 50 cars Updated: Aug-15-15 5:32 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Two 19-year-olds and a 17-year-old have been arrested for allegedly shooting the windows of more than 50 vehicles in Warren County.
- Oops: County apologizing for saying some missed tax deadline Updated: Aug-14-15 5:04 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Elected officials in one Mississippi county say they will publicly apologize to people whose names were incorrectly published on a list of delinquent taxpayers.
- Wehr named Mississippi River Commission president Updated: Aug-10-15 4:14 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Maj. Gen. Michael C. Wehr, commander of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Mississippi Valley Division since August 2014, is the president of the Mississippi River Commission.
- The Vicksburg Post to unveil new website Monday Updated: Aug-09-15 2:46 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - After weeks of development, testing and design, The Post will unveil a completely redesigned website Monday, further investing in the newspaper's growing audience.
- Man held on $2M bond in 2-state child pornography case Updated: Aug-08-15 11:34 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Bond has been set at $2 million for a man who authorities allege checked into casinos in the Mississippi and Louisiana under assumed identities and using their hotels' free Wi-Fi connections to download hundreds of images of child pornography.
- Vicksburg still assessing old charity hospital property Updated: Aug-07-15 5:08 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - A decision to demolish the old Kuhn Memorial Hospital building could come in early September.
- Warren County man charged with DUI in May fatal crash Updated: Aug-06-15 4:10 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - A Warren County man has surrendered after being accused of driving under the influence during a crash that killed two people in May.
- DeSoto Co. leaders seek unified approach for flood control Updated: Aug-04-15 10:38 am
HERNANDO, Mississippi - DeSoto County supervisors want the Corps of Engineers to coordinate a unified flood-prevention effort.