- Warren sheriff seeks new jail as county frets over financing Updated: May-01-16 12:44 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace says his county needs a new jail, but county supervisors say that with stagnant tax receipts, they're unsure how to finance one.
- Some postal services return to downtown Vicksburg Updated: Apr-24-16 6:35 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - People who don't want to leave downtown Vicksburg can now buy stamps and send packages at a party and stationery store. But they'll still have to go to the U.S. post office 10 minutes away for registered or certified mail.
- Sheriff: Mom runs over 4-year-old in hospital parking lot Updated: Apr-21-16 4:34 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - A 4-year-old boy has been hospitalized after authorities say his mother accidentally ran over him in the parking lot of a hospital in Vicksburg.
- Roll call on House passage of $415 million tax cut bill Updated: Apr-18-16 7:12 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House voted 73-44 Monday to approve a House-Senate plan to cut $415 million in taxes over 12 years. Supporters say the measure will return needed money to taxpayers and spur business growth. Opponents say Mississippi can't afford tax cuts with a revenue shortfall and say tax cuts haven't helped economies of other states. A yes vote was to approve the bill, while a no vote opposed that action. Voting yes were 66 Republicans and seven Democrats. Voting no were 37 Democrats and seven Republicans. Two Democrats voted present, while one Democrat and one Republican did not vote.
- Westbound lane of I-20 bridge to be closed Updated: Apr-11-16 11:38 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The outside westbound lane of the Interstate 20 bridge will soon be closed while workers with the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development do maintenance work on the bridge.
- Warren County to try again on Kings Point ferry overhaul bid Updated: Apr-10-16 7:41 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Warren County will try a third time to find someone to overhaul its Kings Point Ferry.
- About 140 pounds of marijuana seized in Warren County Updated: Apr-08-16 5:02 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Authorities say roughly 140 pounds of marijuana has been seized in Warren County.
- Infant dies after being run over by pickup truck Updated: Apr-07-16 5:53 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Authorities say a 1-year-old girl has died after being run over by a pickup truck in Vicksburg.