- Owners of former Wash. liquor stores struggling Updated: Dec-08-13 7:08 pm
- Washington 4A Championship Updated: Dec-08-13 2:18 am
- Lind-Ritzville-Sprague tops Morton-White Pass 7-0 Updated: Dec-07-13 9:38 pm
- Goldbach, Freeman swamp Mount Baker 31-13 Updated: Dec-07-13 7:03 pm
- Lynden defeats Tumwater 38-28 for 2A state title Updated: Dec-07-13 5:39 pm
- Leader of Ghost Riders biker gang gets 5 years Updated: Dec-07-13 3:51 pm
- Bellevue tops Eastside Catholic 52-20 for 3A title Updated: Dec-07-13 1:47 am
- Neah Bay defeats Touchet 36-18 for 1B state title Updated: Dec-06-13 9:51 pm
- Doctor's body found in ruins of burned Wash. home Updated: Dec-06-13 7:28 pm
- Work begins to recover sunken Tacoma ship Updated: Dec-05-13 7:58 pm
- Search for missing Tacoma woman in NE Wash. Updated: Dec-04-13 11:40 pm
- Man dead after trading gunfire with deputies Updated: Dec-04-13 1:55 am
- State: Pierce Co. deputies have outdated vests Updated: Nov-28-13 3:17 pm
- Tacoma councilman joining Marine Corps reserves Updated: Nov-27-13 12:46 pm
- Teen dies of Tacoma crash injuries Updated: Nov-27-13 8:34 am
- McClendon fills out Seattle's coaching staff Updated: Nov-25-13 4:00 pm
- Police shoot at driver who rammed cars in Puyallup Updated: Nov-25-13 3:49 pm
- Pierce Co. exec vetoes marijuana business ban Updated: Nov-25-13 3:47 pm
- Wash. state charters will target broad spectrum Updated: Nov-24-13 5:23 pm
- 3 charged in Pierce County car-bashing spree Updated: Nov-23-13 12:35 am
- Sex offender climbs fence at McNeil Island Updated: Nov-22-13 2:07 pm
- Man, 19, gets 50 years to life in boy's death Updated: Nov-22-13 12:26 am
- Wash. man gets 25 years for sex trafficking Updated: Nov-21-13 1:50 am
- Simulator teachers WSP troopers chase techniques Updated: Nov-20-13 4:14 pm
- Man, 72, pleads guilty in road-rage incident Updated: Nov-20-13 12:31 am
TACOMA, Washington - Nineteen months after the state auctioned off its liquor stores to dozens of private entrepreneurs, more than 60 percent of the stores are out of business and many others are struggling to stay afloat.
TACOMA, Washington - Joey Zamora threw two touchdown passes in the final 55 seconds to rally Chiawana to a 27-26 win over Camas on Saturday night for its first 4A state title.
TACOMA, Washington - Connor O'Neill broke loose for a 69-yard touchdown run just 15 seconds into the game to give Lind-Ritzville-Sprague a 7-0 win against Morton-White Pass on Saturday for its second consecutive 2B state title.
TACOMA, Washington - Marcus Goldbach returned the game's opening kickoff for a touchdown and rushed for 170 yards and two touchdowns on 23 carries to help power Freeman past Mount Baker 31-13 on Saturday for its first 1A state title.
TACOMA, Washington - Jaremy Martin ran for two touchdowns to help Lynden beat Tumwater 38-28 on Saturday for its third consecutive 2A state title.
TACOMA, Washington - A previously convicted murderer who leads a Pierce County motorcycle gang has been sentenced to five years in prison on federal gun and explosives charges.
TACOMA, Washington - Timmy Haehl ran for two touchdowns, passed for one and returned an interception for another to help Bellevue crush Eastside Catholic 52-20 on Friday night for its sixth consecutive 3A title.
TACOMA, Washington - Cody Cummins rushed for 183 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries to help Neah Bay defeat Touchet 36-18 on Friday night for its second 1B state title in three years.
FOX ISLAND, Washington - A search dog used to locate disaster victims has helped firefighters recover the body of a doctor who was trapped with his 8-year-old daughter when fire raced through their Fox Island, Washington, home.
TACOMA, Washington - Crews have started the process of recovering a 167-foot derelict vessel that sank in Tacoma's Hylebos Waterway in January.
LOON LAKE, Washington - Stevens County deputies are searching for a missing Tacoma woman who hasn't returned home after a Thanksgiving holiday weekend stay at a cabin on Loon Lake in northeast Washington.
SPANAWAY, Washington - A man who exchanged gunshots with Pierce County sheriff's deputies at a storage facility in Spanaway, Washington, was found dead Tuesday evening, a sheriff's spokesman said. One deputy was shot in the arm.
TACOMA, Washington - State regulators have fined the Pierce County Sheriff's Department for equipping jail deputies with outdated protective vests.
TACOMA, Washington - First-term Tacoma City Councilman Anders Ibsen is taking a leave of absence to train as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps reserves.
TACOMA, Washington - An 18-year-old man who was hurt in a 6-car pile-up Sunday on Highway 16 in Tacoma died Monday night of his injuries.
SEATTLE - Lloyd McClendon is bringing an entirely new coaching staff to Seattle, although a number of his additions have ties to the Mariners organization.
PUYALLUP, Washington - Tacoma police say an officer fired a shot at a driver who rammed police cars in Puyallup. No one was hit.
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County Executive Pat McCarthy has vetoed the county council's ban on licensed marijuana businesses.
SEATTLE - Dropouts, gang members, kids who love sports, children with disabilities and creative youngsters who can't sit still are among the children charter school developers say they'll teach in the new public schools they want to open in Washington state next year.
TACOMA, Washington - Three young adults accused of bashing more than 80 parked cars in Puyallup (Pew-AL-up), Washington, during a week-long spree have pleaded not guilty to multiple counts of malicious mischief.
TACOMA, Washington - A sex offender climbed the first of three fences at the Special Commitment Center on McNeil Island in an escape attempt before he was recaptured.
TACOMA, Washington - A 19-year-old Tacoma man has been sentenced to 50 years to life in prison after pleading guilty to first-degree murder and child rape in the beating death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal judge in Portland has sentenced a Tacoma, Washington, man to 25 years in prison for four counts of sex trafficking involving two teenage girls.
TACOMA, Washington - The trooper was hot on the tail of a red car in a minutes-long pursuit when a truck made a U-turn in front of him and the two vehicles collided.
TACOMA, Washington - A 72-year-old Tacoma, Washington, man has been sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty to second-degree assault and malicious harassment in a road-rage incident involving two women.