- Tacoma $15 minimum wage group needs hundreds more signatures Updated: May-28-15 1:51 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A group looking to boost Tacoma's minimum wage to $15 an hour needs less than 500 more signatures to get the initiative on the November ballot.
- Teachers to work during sit-in protest of education funding Updated: May-27-15 2:29 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma teachers are protesting the state legislature's lack of progress on pay and class sizes by putting their after-school work on display.
- Tacoma bus driver crashes, had apparent heart attack Updated: May-27-15 1:23 am
TACOMA, Washington - Police in Tacoma, Washington, say a Pierce Transit driver apparently had a heart attack before the bus he was driving crashed, hitting a big commercial truck, a tow truck and two other vehicles.
- Pierce County: Man found ablaze in March has died Updated: May-27-15 1:20 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County sheriff's spokesman says a transient found ablaze in the Tacoma, Washington, suburb of Parkland in March has died.
- More than 5,000 volunteers needed for US Open Updated: May-25-15 11:25 am
SEATTLE - She's never done anything like this before, but Nancy Gibson is getting ready to be a marshal. Not with a tin star and a six-shooter, but with a name badge, meal ticket and maybe a couple of big yellow paddles.
- Tacoma man to serve 8 years in prison for prostituting teens Updated: May-22-15 1:18 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Tacoma man has been sentenced to eight years in prison for prostituting two teenage girls online.
- New toll charges adopted for Tacoma Narrows Bridge Updated: May-21-15 1:14 pm
TACOMA, Washington - New toll charges on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge take effect July 1 after the state Transportation Commission adopted a two-step increase.
- Senate policy may reduce partisan squabbling on social media Updated: May-21-15 11:28 am
TACOMA, Washington - A new Senate policy is attempting to reduce lawmakers' partisan squabbling on social media sites such as Twitter.
- Teen, 15, charged with murder in Tacoma drive-by shooting Updated: May-21-15 11:03 am
TACOMA, Washington - A 15-year-old Tacoma teen has been charged with murder in a gang-related drive-by shooting that authorities say killed an innocent bystander.
- State: 4 shops sold marijuana to minors in sting operations Updated: May-20-15 7:08 pm
SEATTLE - Four of the 22 legal pot shops tested in an initial round of sting operations this month failed by selling to minors - even though the shops were warned about the operations days ahead of time, Washington regulators said Wednesday.
- Vancouver man pleads guilty to securities fraud Updated: May-20-15 11:03 am
TACOMA, Washington - Federal prosecutors say a 20-year-old man has pleaded guilty in federal court in Tacoma to securities fraud for pump-and-dump schemes involving half a dozen stocks.
- Washington pilots among "fighter aces" being honored Updated: May-20-15 9:53 am
TACOMA, Washington - Several Washington state veterans are among an elite group of American fighter pilots being presented the Congressional Gold Medal.
- Clouded leopard cubs thriving at Tacoma, Wash., zoo Updated: May-19-15 10:28 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Four tiny clouded leopard cubs are getting round-the-clock care and feeding from keepers at a Tacoma, Washington, zoo.
- Postal Service offers tips to reduce postal dog bites Updated: May-18-15 7:18 pm
SEATTLE - Concerned about crime in Washington's largest cities? How about postal worker dog bites?
- James Paxton leads Mariners over Red Sox 5-0 Updated: May-17-15 8:25 pm
- Texas man arrested in Spokane after tip to TV show Updated: May-16-15 5:13 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - U.S. Marshals have arrested a Texas man who had been a fugitive for 13 years.
- Man who set girlfriend on fire sentenced to 25 years Updated: May-15-15 7:13 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A judge has ordered a Puyallup man to spend 25 years in prison for killing his girlfriend by setting on fire at their South Hill home.
- Deputy fired after passing out in boat, leaving gun on dock Updated: May-15-15 2:28 pm
SEATTLE - A King County sheriff's deputy has been fired after he reportedly passed out drunk while boating in the Tacoma Narrows and left his holstered gun behind on the dock, where it was found by teenagers.
- Whistleblower complaint against Pierce County prosecutor Updated: May-14-15 10:50 am
TACOMA, Washington - A veteran deputy prosecutor has filed a whistleblower complaint against Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist.
- Man gets 26 years for 2013 murder of Tacoma man in garage Updated: May-14-15 6:16 am
TACOMA, Washington - A 19-year-old has been sentenced to 26 years and eight months in prison for a 2013 Tacoma robbery and murder.
- Guilty plea in crash that fatally injured pastor on bike Updated: May-13-15 9:47 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A 19-year-old Washington woman has pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in a traffic crash that fatally injured a bicycling pastor last Nov. 24.
- Man pleads guilty to 2013 Tacoma, Washington, murder Updated: May-12-15 11:04 am
TACOMA, Washington - A 19-year-old has pleaded guilty to a 2013 Tacoma robbery and murder.
- Man who robbed banks in 4 states gets 6 ½ years Updated: May-12-15 6:34 am
TACOMA, Washington - Federal prosecutors say a former Everett, Washington, man who admitted robbing 10 banks across the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Utah has been sentenced to 6 ½ years in prison.
- JBLM Green Beret honored for valor in combat in Afghanistan Updated: May-12-15 6:15 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Green Beret was awarded the third-highest medal for valor in combat at Joint Base Lewis-McChord for his role in turning back an attack on his base in Afghanistan in 2013.
- Tacoma marina restricts public access to fatal boat ramp Updated: May-12-15 6:15 am
TACOMA, Washington - A gate has been installed in front of a Tacoma public boat ramp where reports show that at least seven people had died over the past two decades, including one man last month.