- Former Corn Palace nominee sues city of Mitchell, mayor Updated: May-30-15 9:55 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The man tapped last year to be the next director of Mitchell's Corn Palace has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the city and its mayor.
- Students rally around Mitchell ag teacher battling cancer Updated: May-24-15 12:28 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Students at an eastern South Dakota high school are rallying around an agriculture teacher during his bout with cancer.
- Man gets more than 10 years in prison in Mitchell fire case Updated: May-21-15 7:38 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A Mitchell man who set fire to a Main Street apartment building has been given the maximum sentence of 10 years in prison for reckless burning.
- Mitchell officials seek assurance on new Corn Palace domes Updated: May-20-15 8:55 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - City officials in Mitchell are seeking assurance that new domes for the Corn Palace tourist attraction can withstand South Dakota's weather.
- Mitchell couple's dog graces Ducks Unlimited magazine cover Updated: May-17-15 5:56 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A 4-year-old Chesapeake Bay retriever owned by a Mitchell couple is fast on her way to becoming a famous, furry model.
- South Dakota could see extra revenue in this budget year Updated: May-13-15 7:58 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The state of South Dakota's coffers may end up with slightly more revenue for the current budget year than lawmakers anticipated during the legislative session if recent tax collection levels continue.
- 2 Mitchell students to represent SD in auto skills contest Updated: May-09-15 11:49 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Two students from Mitchell will head to Michigan this summer to represent South Dakota in a national automotive skills contest.
- Officials say SD woman misused benefits meant for child Updated: May-05-15 2:10 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Federal authorities say a Mitchell woman allegedly misused more than $57,000 in Social Security benefits that were intended for her daughter following the death of the child's father.
- Community rallies behind wounded Iraq War veteran Updated: May-03-15 12:22 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The community of Mitchell is working to improve the home of a 28-year-old Iraq War veteran who may have to start using a wheelchair because of injuries he sustained during his service.