- Lawrence County OKs placing tax issue on November ballot Updated: Sep-01-15 12:59 pm
WALNUT RIDGE, Arkansas - Voters in a northeast Arkansas county will be asked this fall to approve a sales tax increase to help build and maintain a new jail.
- Ex-Arkansas State hurdler finishes 8th at world championship Updated: Aug-28-15 2:47 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Former Arkansas State hurdler Sharika Nelvis finished eighth in the 100-meter hurdles at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing after stumbling over the final hurdle.
- Remains belong to man who disappeared after barge accident Updated: Aug-28-15 11:27 am
HICKMAN, Arkansas - The Arkansas state medical examiner has identified human remains found earlier this month in the Mississippi River as those of a man who disappeared when a barge capsized in the waters last year.
- End of coal-fired plant will save Jonesboro utility $50M Updated: Aug-27-15 2:59 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The head of Jonesboro's electric utility said the planned phase-out of a coal-fired plant near Pine Bluff will save his utility $50 million.
- ASU art gallery to get new name thanks to gift Updated: Aug-26-15 9:28 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - An art gallery at Arkansas State University will get a new name and a new look thanks to a gift from a Little Rock couple.
- Circuit clerk's office out of compliance with Arkansas law Updated: Aug-25-15 3:22 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Craighead County Circuit Clerk's office likely has been in violation of an Arkansas law that deals with juvenile court records for the last 25 years, according to Circuit Clerk Candace Edwards.
- Group challenges Facebook posts by government official Updated: Aug-20-15 3:32 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - An organization contends that Bible verses posted on a Facebook page operated by the director of 911 emergency dispatch services in Craighead County constitutes a government endorsement of religion.
- Sheriff: Poinsett County man was shot in yard of his home Updated: Aug-20-15 10:16 am
HARRISBURG, Arkansas - Poinsett County Sheriff Larry Mills says a man found dead at his home nearly two weeks ago was shot to death in his yard.
- Final AP Arkansas prep football poll from 2014 Updated: Aug-19-15 4:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The final Arkansas Associated Press high school football polls from the 2014 season. Ranking is given with previous poll's ranking, first-place votes received, records and total points.
- Driver fatigue cited as cause of crash that injured comedian Updated: Aug-11-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - A Wal-Mart truck driver who hadn't slept in 28 hours failed to slow down despite posted warning signs and was responsible for a highway crash last year that severely injured comedian Tracy Morgan and killed another comedian, the National Transportation Safety Board said Tuesday.
- Osceola High School gets $1.3M grant to help keep teachers Updated: Aug-10-15 3:34 pm
OSCEOLA, Arkansas - Osceola High School has received a three-year, $1.3 million federal grant to help it keep teachers and boost students' math and literacy scores.
- City of Osceola at risk of losing historic courthouse Updated: Aug-05-15 10:41 am
OSCEOLA, Arkansas - The city of Osceola has retained former Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel to look into the actions of Mississippi County over the city possibly losing its historic courthouse.
- Jonesboro cops warn of scam involving warrant threat Updated: Aug-04-15 1:26 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Police in Jonesboro are warning about a scam in which a caller claims via telephone that residents must pay him money or risk arrest on an outstanding warrant.
- Raises for Arkansas State University employees unlikely Updated: Aug-02-15 3:06 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State University officials say a tighter budget means employees likely won't receive raises for the fiscal year that began last month.