- State auditor to probe Cincinnati sewer district spending Updated: Feb-05-16 9:42 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio's auditor is planning a special study of the finances of Cincinnati's sewer district after a newspaper's report that it spent hundreds of millions of public dollars with little or no oversight at a time when residents' sewer rates have risen steadily.
- Cleveland officers not immune from excessive force lawsuit Updated: Feb-05-16 3:16 am
CLEVELAND - A federal appeals court in Cincinnati says two Cleveland police officers aren't immune from a lawsuit accusing them of excessive force in the apprehension of a teen with Down Syndrome.
- Cincinnati uses big second half to upend South Florida 88-57 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:56 pm
CINCINNATI - Troy Caupain finished with 18 points and a career-high 10 assists while Gary Clark added 16 points and 13 boards as Cincinnati used a strong second half to beat South Florida 88-57 Thursday night.
- Senate candidate's father, aide's family give to super PAC Updated: Feb-04-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than half of the money raised last year for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate P.G. Sittenfeld by a super political action committee came from his father and a campaign aide's family, according to federal reports.
- Senators visit Cincinnati to hear medical marijuana opinions Updated: Feb-04-16 3:15 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two state senators are stopping in Cincinnati as part of an effort to gather public opinions about medical marijuana.
- Suspects captured after chase through parts of 3 states Updated: Feb-03-16 3:05 am
CINCINNATI - Police say they chased a fleeing car 55 miles through parts of three states before the occupants surrendered in a Skyline Chili parking lot near Cincinnati.
- Ohio judge mulls 'Zombie Nativity' man's Ohio zoning case Updated: Feb-02-16 2:47 pm
CINCINNATI - It's still alive: a judge plans to rule March 15 on a southwest Ohio man's challenge to zoning citations for a holiday "Zombie Nativity" display in his yard.
- Police: Bicyclist struck by SUV in hit-and-run dies Updated: Feb-02-16 8:24 am
CINCINNATI - Authorities say a bicyclist struck by an SUV in a hit-and-run has died of his injuries.
- Cincinnati chief unveils new violence reduction strategy Updated: Feb-02-16 4:15 am
CINCINNATI - Police in Cincinnati have announced a new strategy that will focus on geographic areas of the city where gangs and groups are behind the gun violence authorities are trying to reduce.
- Firefighter's death increases retirement rate in Cincinnati Updated: Feb-01-16 6:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Fire officials in Cincinnati say the retirement rate has increased since the death last year of a firefighter in the line of duty.
- Ohio court approves class action in speed camera case Updated: Feb-01-16 3:35 pm
CINCINNATI - A state appeals court approved class action status on Monday for thousands of motorists fined for speeding in a southwest Ohio village with citations issued from automatic camera enforcement.
- Legal costs involving convicted Ohio judge could reach $1.7M Updated: Feb-01-16 11:26 am
CINCINNATI - The cost of court cases brought for and against a juvenile court judge in southwest Ohio who was convicted of a felony charge after a legal battle over her election as judge could reach nearly $1.7 million.
- Judge OK sought to settle blind student suit against college Updated: Feb-01-16 8:36 am
CINCINNATI - A judge is to hear final details of an agreement to settle a blind student's lawsuit accusing Miami University in Ohio of using technology that presented a barrier to her education.
- Ohio police officer charged with felony theft count Updated: Jan-28-16 9:59 am
CINCINNATI - A police officer has been charged with theft in office in southwestern Ohio.
- Hospital stops performing abortions for fetal anomalies Updated: Jan-28-16 3:06 am
CINCINNATI - The last hospital in the Cincinnati area that allowed doctors to perform abortions after a fetal anomaly diagnosis has stopped allowing that option.
- Man killed, daughter injured in Cincinnati bus accident Updated: Jan-27-16 11:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Police say a Cincinnati Metro bus has struck and killed a 73-year-old man and injured his daughter.
- Ohio election officials plan to add more poll workers Updated: Jan-27-16 8:37 am
CINCINNATI - A southwest Ohio county plans to have more poll workers, trainers and roving troubleshooters for Ohio's March primary after November's voting was plagued by problems at the polls.
- Southbound I-75 rolling closures set in southwest Ohio Updated: Jan-27-16 6:47 am
CINCINNATI - Motorists heading south into Cincinnati on Interstate 75 in southwest Ohio could encounter short-term, rolling closures during overnight hours the rest of this week.
- Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones makes 1st Pro Bowl Updated: Jan-26-16 3:23 pm
CINCINNATI - Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was added to the Pro Bowl roster on Tuesday for the first time in his nine-year career.
- P&G 2Q profit jumps 35 percent on pricing, lower costs Updated: Jan-26-16 9:49 am
NEW YORK - Procter & Gamble Co. on Tuesday reported a higher quarterly profit that topped expectations as price hikes and cost-cutting offset a decline in sales volume.
- Ohio college plans conference on police and race Updated: Jan-26-16 7:41 am
CINCINNATI - An Ohio college is hosting a conference on the nationally prominent issue of policing and race.
- Sheriff: Woman injects heroin, then flips car carrying sons Updated: Jan-25-16 7:17 am
CINCINNATI - A southwest Ohio sheriff's office says an Indiana woman flipped her vehicle while driving with her two sons after injecting heroin and apparently experiencing an overdose.
- Cincinnati beats Tulane 97-75 for Cronin's 200th win Updated: Jan-24-16 2:30 pm
CINCINNATI - Shaq Thomas and Gary Clark scored 17 points each and Cincinnati cruised by Tulane 97-75 on Sunday to give coach Mick Cronin his 200th victory with the Bearcats.
- The Latest: Ohio man disheartened North Korea holds student Updated: Jan-22-16 8:16 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The latest on the detention of an American student in North Korea (all times local):
- Zoo euthanizes cheetah featured in National Geographic show Updated: Jan-22-16 9:19 am
CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Zoo says a 15-year-old cheetah once featured on a National Geographic special has been euthanized.