- Norman, Midwest City disagree on wastewater proposal Updated: May-04-15 12:23 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Norman and Midwest City leaders are at odds over a proposal to allow treated wastewater into a lake they use as a drinking supply.
- Oklahoma's Parker ties NCAA softball with 4th perfect game Updated: May-03-15 5:42 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma freshman Paige Parker tied the NCAA record for perfect games in a season with four Sunday in the Sooners' 14-0, five-inning victory over Utah Valley.
- State, local leaders look to relocate Norman hospital Updated: May-03-15 4:17 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - About 240 acres of prime real estate near downtown Norman could be freed up for development, as city and state officials mull the relocation of a century old mental health hospital.
- Police: Motorcyclist dies after wreck with SUV Updated: May-03-15 12:56 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Norman police say a motorcyclist has died after colliding with an SUV.
- Troubled forecasters seek way to improve tornado warnings Updated: May-03-15 12:44 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Forecasters troubled by the high death count from twisters in Alabama and Joplin, Missouri, four years ago say they must put away their "nerd-speak" and find better ways to communicate if the public is going to react appropriately when bad weather approaches.
- April rains bring some drought relief to parts of Oklahoma Updated: May-01-15 12:32 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Rains across Oklahoma in April helped ease drought conditions in parts of the state, including drought-stricken western Oklahoma.
- Former OU wide receiver enters plea, gets probation Updated: Apr-28-15 10:35 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Former Oklahoma wide receiver Trey Metoyer has been sentenced to eight years of probation following accusations he exposed himself to women.
- Norman's Scott Downard wins Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Updated: Apr-26-15 5:21 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Scott Downard has won the 15th annual Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.
- ID released of man killed in weather service parking lot Updated: Apr-24-15 7:04 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The FBI says it was a Kansas man who died after driving a car through a gate and into the parking lot of the National Weather Service on the campus of the University of Oklahoma.
- Corrections group sues over elimination of payroll deduction Updated: Apr-24-15 6:28 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Corrections Professionals Association has filed a lawsuit against the state Office of Management and Enterprise Services over plans to stop allowing its members to pay dues by payroll deduction.
- Oklahoma G Buddy Hield returning for senior year Updated: Apr-24-15 1:59 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield, the Big 12 player of the year, has chosen to return for his senior season.
- Oklahoma hosts Sam Houston State in college baseball Updated: Apr-23-15 3:41 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma baseball team takes a break from Big 12 Conference play by hosting Sam Houston State of the Southland Conference for three games.
- Oklahoma slugger Lauren Chamberlain making history Updated: Apr-22-15 4:50 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Lauren Chamberlain has taken her teammates and fans on quite a ride during her historic home run chase.
- Norman police identify man killed when struck by train Updated: Apr-22-15 12:03 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Police in Norman say a man who was killed when he was struck by a train has been identified.
- QB competitions all the rage in Big 12 Updated: Apr-21-15 5:32 pm
A host of young and inexperienced quarterbacks are hoping to help the Big 12 Conference regain some momentum after being shut out of the College Football Playoff last season.
- Norman police release names of 2 killed in murder-suicide Updated: Apr-21-15 1:31 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Police in Norman have released the names of a man and woman who were stabbed to death in what officers say was a murder-suicide.
- Walmart Foundation seeking Oklahoma nonprofits for program Updated: Apr-21-15 3:22 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Applications are being accepted from Oklahoma nonprofit organizations for The Walmart Foundation's State Giving Council Program.
- Oklahoma's Carpenter is Big 12 baseball Player of the Week Updated: Apr-20-15 7:48 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The University of Oklahoma's Kolbey Carpenter has been named the Big 12 baseball Player of the Week.
- Lexington teenager killed in collision with church van Updated: Apr-20-15 2:28 pm
NOBLE, Oklahoma - The Cleveland County Sheriff's Office says a 17-year-old Lexington girl has been killed when the vehicle she was riding in collided with a church van near Noble.
- Norman police, 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide Updated: Apr-20-15 2:11 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Police in Norman say officers responding to a disturbance at a home on the city's south side found two people dead in an apparent murder-suicide.
- Oklahoma's Chamberlain ties NCAA softball HR record of 90 Updated: Apr-18-15 4:51 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma senior Lauren Chamberlain hit her 90th home run Saturday to tie the NCAA career softball record set by former UCLA star Stacey Nuveman in 2002.
- Judge: City can't enforce proposed gun ban at music festival Updated: Apr-18-15 2:11 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - A district judge has ruled the city can't enforce a proposed gun ban during a three-day music festival in the Oklahoma college town.
- Gun rights group sues over Norman festival's weapons ban Updated: Apr-15-15 6:40 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - A decision by organizers of the Norman Music Festival to ban weapons during the upcoming three-day event in the Oklahoma college town prompted a lawsuit Wednesday by a gun rights group whose members want to carry their firearms at the outdoor concert.
- Funeral held for hospital fire victims in Norman Updated: Apr-14-15 3:59 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - A memorial service was held this week in honor of 40 patients who died in a 1918 fire at a state psychiatric hospital in Norman.
- U of Oklahoma's Air Force ROTC to move to a new location Updated: Apr-13-15 3:32 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The University of Oklahoma's Air Force ROTC will have to move to a new location due to plans to demolish a former military barracks on campus.