- Police accuse Kingman man of killing roommate with hatchet Updated: Jul-31-15 8:16 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - A Kingman man has been arrested on suspicion of killing a roommate with a hatchet and temporarily stashing his body in the garage.
- Pinal County to bill for housing inmates from Kingman prison Updated: Jul-24-15 2:23 pm
PHOENIX - Pinal County is tracking expenses nearly 400 inmates that were housed there following unrest at a privately run prison in Kingman.
- Arizona woman escapes custody, jumps into random car Updated: Jul-21-15 6:22 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - A Kingman woman has been accused of escaping from custody and jumping into a stranger's car shortly before she was set to leave a hospital for jail.
- Group calls on Ducey to stop bid for more private prisons Updated: Jul-21-15 6:19 am
PHOENIX - A group of prison reform advocates are calling for Gov. Doug Ducey to cancel the bidding process for additional correctional beds in the wake of a private prison riot in Kingman.
- Trial set for man police say staged hit-and-run accident Updated: Jul-17-15 8:11 am
KINGMAN, Arizona - The father of a man convicted of second-degree murder is heading to trial on charges that he staged the scene to make it look like a hit-and-run accident.
- DOC extends deadline for private prison bids Updated: Jul-14-15 9:54 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Corrections has extended the application deadline for bidders hoping to run a new private prison.
- Sheriffs say state favors private prisons in housing bids Updated: Jul-13-15 1:53 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona sheriffs' group says private prisons have the advantage when it comes to bidding for inmate housing contracts.
- Arizona governor calls for probe of private prison unrest Updated: Jul-06-15 10:59 pm
PHOENIX - Days of unrest at a privately run prison in Arizona became a nightmare scenario as inmates rioted, trashed housing units and injured guards, prompting the governor to order an investigation Monday into the problem at the facility.
- Hundreds of Arizona inmates to be moved following riot Updated: Jul-03-15 10:29 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - About 700 inmates at an Arizona prison were being moved to new locations Friday after disturbances on consecutive days left their housing units uninhabitable.
- Kingman plans to celebrate Fourth of July without fireworks Updated: Jul-03-15 4:54 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - A western Arizona city is hoping to still make some noise this Fourth of July without fireworks.