- World stocks tumble on weak China, Japan data Updated: Mar-10-14 5:37 am
- Philippine town vice mayor freed by kidnappers Updated: Mar-06-14 10:40 pm
- Philippine gunmen abduct 2 children, nanny, driver Updated: Mar-03-14 7:20 am
- Philippines claims record in organ donor pledges Updated: Feb-28-14 4:36 am
- Anti-Obama protesters in Manila clash with police Updated: Feb-25-14 6:22 am
- Philippines protests Chinese use of water cannon Updated: Feb-25-14 4:49 am
- Albom to help rebuild libraries in Philippines Updated: Feb-25-14 4:23 am
- 2 Filipino sisters escape from extremists with cat Updated: Feb-21-14 7:07 am
- Australia unaware where NKorea holding missionary Updated: Feb-20-14 8:49 am
- Nasdaq opens support office in Philippines Updated: Feb-19-14 4:25 am
- Philippine court says online snooping illegal Updated: Feb-18-14 9:49 pm
- Filipino Muslim rebels expel leader for beheading Updated: Feb-18-14 7:28 am
- Child pornography operation raided in Philippine school Updated: Feb-18-14 5:09 am
- Philippines says on track to reach growth targets Updated: Feb-17-14 6:02 am
- Huge Filipino charity walk breaks Guinness records Updated: Feb-16-14 9:22 am
- Beckham visits typhoon-devastated Philippine city Updated: Feb-13-14 9:45 am
- Filipino corruption witness pledges to return loot Updated: Feb-13-14 8:04 am
- Philippines recovers $29M from Marcos accounts Updated: Feb-12-14 8:50 am
- Filipino marines kill 6 Muslim extremists in clash Updated: Feb-09-14 11:46 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Asian stock markets sank Monday, battered by weak Chinese trade and a reduced estimate for Japan's economic growth. European markets were mostly higher.
MANILA, Philippines - A southern Philippine town vice mayor who was reportedly abducted outside a shopping mall earlier this week has been released, police said Friday.
MANILA, Philippines - Gunmen abducted two children, their nanny and a driver while on the way to school Monday in a southern Philippine region notorious for ransom kidnappings by Islamic militants, military officials said.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines has broken India's record of gathering the most organ donor pledges in an hour at a single site, health officials said Friday. The feat awaits the Guinness World Records' official confirmation.
MANILA, Philippines - Police clashed briefly in the Philippine capital Tuesday with about 300 protesters opposed to a planned visit by President Barack Obama and the continued U.S. military presence in the country.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government summoned China's top envoy in Manila on Tuesday to protest what it said was the firing of a water cannon by a Chinese government vessel to drive away Filipino fishermen from a hotly disputed shoal in the South China Sea.
MANILA, Philippines - U.S. author Mitch Albom has launched a drive to rebuild 10 libraries in Tacloban, a central Philippine city ravaged by Typhoon Haiyan in November.
MANILA, Philippines - Two Algerian-born Filipino sisters kidnapped by Muslim extremists eight months ago escaped from their captors in the jungles of the southern Philippines with a cat that had given them company during their ordeal.
MANILA, Philippines - Australia's foreign minister said Thursday her government was trying to find out where an Australian missionary was being held and what his condition was in North Korea.
MANILA, Philippines - Nasdaq has opened a customer service center in the Philippines.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines Supreme Court said online surveillance by authorities is illegal without a court order and that online libel is a criminal offense, in a ruling Tuesday that allows a cybercrime law to be enforced.
MANILA, Philippines - A hard-line Muslim rebel group said Tuesday it expelled a top leader and about 30 of his followers for beheading a farmer in the southern Philippines and said that it does not practice such brutality.
MANILA, Philippines - Government agents raided an Internet child pornography operation based in a Philippine school and arrested its president and eight other people, investigators said Tuesday.
MANILA, Philippines - A senior official says the Philippines is on track to achieve its target of economic growth averaging 7-8 percent for the next several years.
MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine Christian sect has broken two records for organizing the largest charity walk in an effort to raise funds for survivors of last year's Typhoon Haiyan, a Guinness World Records official said Sunday.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - David Beckham visited the typhoon-devastated Philippine city of Tacloban on Thursday as part of UNICEF's relief efforts.
MANILA, Philippines - A star witness in a corruption scandal implicating powerful Philippine lawmakers publicly acknowledged her role Thursday in deals that defrauded the government of large amounts of anti-poverty funds and pledged to return nearly $1 million in kickbacks she received from corrupt deals.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government has recovered more than $29 million from the Swiss accounts of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos and is still searching for more of his hidden wealth 28 years after he was toppled, an official said Wednesday.
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine marines killed at least 6 Muslim extremists and captured one of their jungle lairs in fighting in the south, military officials said Monday.