- Freed Jordanian names Filipino extremist kidnapper Updated: Dec-05-13 6:11 am
- Myanmar's president asks Philippines for more aid Updated: Dec-05-13 4:58 am
- Envoy says China has right to set another air zone Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 pm
- UN set to appeal for more aid to Philippines Updated: Nov-29-13 6:08 am
- Ang Lee plans to make movie in Philippines Updated: Nov-28-13 10:34 am
- Philippine economy expands 7 percent in 3Q Updated: Nov-28-13 12:01 am
- Pacquiao says he is borrowing to give typhoon aid Updated: Nov-26-13 12:41 pm
- Typhoon ruined traditional, high-tech livelihoods Updated: Nov-26-13 7:56 am
- Filipinos escape typhoon wasteland, but not worry Updated: Nov-25-13 5:35 am
- Alicia Keys visits typhoon refugees in Philippines Updated: Nov-25-13 4:19 am
- Jackson Filipino community rallies after typhoon Updated: Nov-24-13 11:12 am
- China sends navy hospital ship to Philippines Updated: Nov-21-13 5:37 am
- From '04 tsunami recovery, lessons for Philippines Updated: Nov-20-13 6:17 am
- Signs of life amid misery reveal Filipinos' spirit Updated: Nov-19-13 10:17 pm
- Energy official: Power back to storm zone by 12/24 Updated: Nov-18-13 3:49 am
- Liang over Prom in playoff at first Manila Masters Updated: Nov-17-13 11:45 am
- Philippine insurgents declare typhoon cease-fire Updated: Nov-16-13 7:23 am
- Filipino sailors struggle for news of home Updated: Nov-15-13 11:59 am
- Philippines typhoon death toll rises to 3,621 Updated: Nov-15-13 3:28 am
- Typhoon to drag Philippine growth below 7 percent Updated: Nov-15-13 2:35 am
- For Philippine relief, China beat by Ikea, Coke Updated: Nov-14-13 10:28 pm
- Philippine officials: death toll up slightly Updated: Nov-14-13 7:34 pm
- 1,000 US troops to help Philippine aid effort Updated: Nov-13-13 7:07 pm
- Agony flows from unwatched threat: a wall of water Updated: Nov-13-13 12:46 pm
- After disasters, tallying deaths often difficult Updated: Nov-13-13 8:09 am
MANILA, Philippines - A Jordanian journalist has identified the leader of an al-Qaida-linked terrorist group that held him for a year and a half in the jungles of the southern Philippines after luring him with a promise of an interview.
MANILA, Philippines - Myanmar's president called Thursday for more investment and development assistance from the Philippines, saying his country needs help to catch up with the rest of Southeast Asia after emerging from nearly two decades of economic sanctions.
MANILA, Philippines - China has a sovereign right to establish a maritime air defense zone over another region as it did in the East China Sea, the Chinese envoy to the Philippines said.
MANILA, Philippines - The United Nations said Friday it will seek more funds for a reconstruction of areas in the central Philippines that were devastated by a super typhoon, in addition to $348 million that U.N. agencies had sought for immediate relief.
MANILA, Philippines - Academy Award-winning director Ang Lee, who plans to make a movie in the Philippines, said Thursday that independent Asian filmmakers have a better chance these days of finding audiences around the world.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine economy expanded 7 percent in the third quarter, but growth is expected to slow because of devastation from the super typhoon that hit eastern and central regions earlier this month.
MANILA, Philippines - Despite returning like a hero from beating Brandon Rios over the weekend, Manny Pacquiao said Tuesday he has no money to keep his promise to help typhoon victims because Philippine revenue authorities have frozen his bank accounts.
TANAUAN, Philippines - As Typhoon Haiyan tore across the eastern Philippines, coconut plantations older than the fathers of the men who tend them were smashed like matchsticks and call centers that field customer service gripes from around the world fell silent. The storm that killed thousands also wrecked livelihoods in the worst hit region, a blow that will ripple long after the disaster fades from attention.
MANILA, Philippines - Romnick Abadines' heart pounded as a Philippine air force C-130 carried him above typhoon-wrecked Tacloban city. He had never been on a plane before, never watched silvery-white clouds pass from a small round window. It was not the first time, or the last, that he felt helpless and out of his element.
MANILA, Philippines - Grammy-winning singer Alicia Keys visited a Philippine air force base Monday to bring cheer to hundreds of evacuees from eastern provinces wracked by Typhoon Haiyan.
JACKSON, Wyoming - Catherine Powell didn't hear from her family in the Philippines for five days after the Nov. 8 typhoon.
ZHOUSHAN, China - Military flags fluttered in the wind aboard China's navy hospital ship Peace Ark as it began a goodwill mission to the Philippines on Thursday, nearly two weeks after the Southeast Asian country was struck by a devastating typhoon that killed more than 4,000 people.
MANILA, Philippines - The man who steered Indonesia to recovery after the 2004 tsunami has some cautionary words for the Philippines as it begins planning reconstruction after Typhoon Haiyan: Survivors will get angry about living in tents well before permanent houses are ready, and inflation will soon make those houses much more expensive to build.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - They found the hoop in the ruins of their obliterated neighborhood. They propped up the backboard with broken wood beams and rusty nails scavenged from vast mounds of storm-blasted homes.
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine Energy Secretary Jericho Petilla pledged Monday to restore power in all typhoon-battered regions by Dec. 24.
MANILA, Philippines - Liang Wen-chong won the inaugural Manila Masters in a playoff Sunday, and then donated half of his earnings to help victims from Typhoon Haiyan.
MANILA, Philippines - The dwindling band of communist rebels in the Philippines has declared a temporary cease-fire in areas affected by Typhoon Haiyan.
LISBON, Portugal - Tito John Belasa, a 47-year-old Filipino pastry chef on the Portuguese cruise ship Funchal, fought back tears Friday as he spoke about the frustrations of trying to get news about his family.
MANILA, Philippines - A top Philippine civil defense official says the death toll from last week's Typhoon Haiyan has risen to 3,621.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government said Friday that damage caused by Typhoon Haiyan may reduce economic growth this year to less than 7 percent.
BEIJING - The outpouring of international aid to the Philippines makes China's contribution for typhoon relief look like a trickle: even Swedish furniture chain Ikea and beverage giant Coca-Cola have done more than the world's second-largest economy. That won't help Beijing's campaign to win over neighbors with its soft power.
MANILA, Philippines - Authorities in the Philippines say the official death toll from the typhoon has risen by three to 2,360.
WASHINGTON - The number of American troops helping the relief effort in the typhoon-hit Philippines could triple to more than 1,000 by the end of the week, U.S. officials said Wednesday.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Two days before the typhoon hit, officials rolled through this city with bullhorns, urging residents to get to higher ground or take refuge in evacuation centers. Warnings were broadcast on state television and radio.
MANILA, Philippines - In the chaos of natural disaster, tallying an accurate death toll is often difficult and sometimes not a priority.