- Saudi king vows to punish those behind IS-claimed attack Updated: May-24-15 8:10 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's king on Sunday vowed to punish those responsible for a rare suicide bombing that killed 21 people at a Shiite mosque in the country's east, calling it a "heinous terrorist attack" that runs against Islamic and human values.
- Despite leading war in Yemen, Saudi Arabia mostly untouched Updated: May-12-15 3:56 am
NAJRAN, Saudi Arabia - Khatim Umm Salem's quiet, secure life betrays no signs of the war taking place just a few miles away.
- US, Saudi Arabia announce 5-day ceasefire in Yemen 'soon' Updated: May-07-15 9:13 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia and the United States said Thursday a renewable, five-day cease-fire in Yemen's war would start soon to facilitate aid to millions of civilians in need, if Iran-backed rebels and their allies also agree to stop fighting.
- Yemen's UN ambassador calls for ground forces to intervene Updated: May-06-15 6:04 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Yemen's ambassador to the United Nations is asking the international community to quickly intervene with ground forces to save the country from Houthi rebels who have been targeted by Saudi-led airstrikes for weeks.
- Kerry seeks pause in Yemen war as he arrives in Saudi Arabia Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought to secure a pause in Yemen's war as he arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to meet with the king and other top officials, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that already has neighboring countries bracing for a mass exodus of refugees. He was to hold further talks Thursday.
- Saudi king fires protocol chief after photographer slapped Updated: May-05-15 2:49 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi King Salman has fired the chief of royal protocol after he was caught on camera slapping a photographer.
- France vows to defend Arab allies, strengthen business ties Updated: May-05-15 2:41 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - French President Francois Hollande vowed to defend Gulf Arab allies as he announced Tuesday that his country is in talks with Saudi Arabia for business deals worth tens of billions of euros (dollars).
- Kerry to visit Riyadh to confer with Saudi Arabia on Yemen Updated: May-04-15 6:44 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Secretary of State John Kerry will visit Riyadh for discussions with Saudi government leaders on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Syrian insurgent gains expose Assad weaknesses Updated: Apr-29-15 1:58 am
BEIRUT - In the span of a month, Syrian insurgents have routed government forces across the country's northwest, flushing them out of strongholds in a string of embarrassing defeats for President Bashar Assad.
- Building collapses at Saudi university, killing 7 workers Updated: Apr-27-15 5:53 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Seven workers, including an Egyptian engineer, were killed Monday when the roof of a building they were working on collapsed at a university campus in Saudi Arabia, civil defense authorities and a diplomat said.
- Saudi Arabia: Military training aircraft crashes, killing 2 Updated: Apr-26-15 11:44 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's Defense Ministry says a military training aircraft has crashed, killing the instructor and a student pilot.