- Kenner woman dies in Interstate 10 accident Updated: Jul-03-15 5:19 pm
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a Kenner woman has died in a two-vehicle accident on Interstate in West Baton Rouge Parish.
- Nearly 40 named in indictment involving drug trafficking Updated: Jul-02-15 9:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Murder plots, using children to transport drugs, storing cocaine at a Baton Rouge day care center - those are among the allegations in an indictment of 39 people in what federal prosecutors are calling a "violent drug trafficking" network out of East Baton Rouge and Ascension parishes.
- Jindal agrees to new housing protections for abuse victims Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Victims of domestic violence are receiving new housing protections in state law.
- Lawsuit challenges utility tax change used to balance budget Updated: Jul-01-15 5:25 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Chemical Association filed a lawsuit Wednesday challenging a tax change recently enacted by state lawmakers that raised $103 million to balance the state's budget.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Jul-01-15 12:35 pm
Pope in US to meet with homeless, prisoners and immigrants
- New Orleans woman arrested for tax fraud Updated: Jul-01-15 4:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans woman faces multiple charges for a tax fraud scheme that involved filing phony tax returns in the names of other taxpayers, including two prisoners.
- Lawsuit challenges governor's religious objections order Updated: Jun-30-15 4:10 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's executive order that aims to give special protections to people who oppose same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and should be thrown out, gay rights advocates argue in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.
- Expulsions for uniform violations barred for young students Updated: Jun-30-15 4:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's public schools are prohibited from suspending or expelling elementary school students for violating school uniform rules.
- Police: Baton Rouge man arrested, cut woman and dog Updated: Jun-29-15 5:29 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge man has been arrested after authorities say he choked a woman and cut another woman and a dog with a knife.
- S Mississippi man dies in crash near Baton Rouge, Louisiana Updated: Jun-28-15 5:13 pm
ZACHARY, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say a Mississippi man was thrown from his pickup truck and died when he ran off U.S. 61 near Zachary, Louisiana, and hit a culvert.
- Baton Rouge fire department captain accused of raping child Updated: Jun-26-15 5:07 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Authorities arrested a Baton Rouge fire captain on charges that he raped a child in Tennessee.
- Retail spending in Baton Rouge drops slightly in April Updated: Jun-25-15 11:23 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Consumer and business spending in East Baton Rouge Parish dropped by less than 1 percent in April.
- Baton Rouge coroner's office, lab help ID skeletal remains Updated: Jun-24-15 5:20 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office has identified the "skeletonized" remains found last week as a Baton Rouge man, but the office has not determined how the man died.
- Man accused of stealing father's identity, obtained loans Updated: Jun-24-15 7:22 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police say a 29-year-old man turned himself in after he was accused of stealing his father's identification to take out $69,000 in loans.
- Lawmakers curtail Louisiana's generous solar tax break Updated: Jun-23-15 6:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Sticker-shocked lawmakers say they never intended to give away millions to Louisiana's solar power industry and its Wall Street investors.
- Toddler electrocuted at Addis apartment complex Updated: Jun-23-15 4:16 pm
ADDIS, Louisiana - A 1-year-old girl was electrocuted while playing with other children near the apartment complex where she lived.
- Investigators unsure why man died after being shot by Tasers Updated: Jun-23-15 12:58 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A man who died after being shot twice with Taser stun guns by Baton Rouge officers showed signs of head injuries, drugs in his system and skin wounds consistent with a stun gun, but his cause of death remains unclear, according to preliminary autopsy findings.
- Baton Rouge area home sales drop nearly 8 percent in May Updated: Jun-23-15 11:28 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge dropped 7.6 percent in May from a year ago, a decline that real estate experts are blaming on tight inventory.
- Testimony: Abortion clinic likely to close if law enforced Updated: Jun-22-15 8:45 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The medical director of a northwest Louisiana abortion clinic testified Monday that it probably would close if the state is allowed to enforce a law requiring doctors who perform the procedure to be able to admit patients to a hospital within 30 miles of their clinics.
- LSU Police officer accused of theft Updated: Jun-22-15 6:35 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A member of the LSU Police force is in custody.
- Former Baton Rouge police officer wants job back Updated: Jun-22-15 7:14 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A fired Baton Rouge police officer accused of making a bogus 911 call and illegally accessing a criminal history database is trying to get his job back.
- 21-year-old woman dies after being shot at a party Updated: Jun-22-15 5:29 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Authorities say a 21-year-old woman has died after being shot at birthday party in Baton Rouge.
- 2 Texas women shot, bodies found in car in Baton Rouge Updated: Jun-21-15 5:34 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police say two 23-year-old Texas women were shot to death in a car, and investigators don't have any suspects or motive.
- Gov. Jindal chief of staff exits state work for campaign job Updated: Jun-19-15 5:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's chief of staff is leaving his state job to work on the presidential campaign that the Republican governor is expected to announce next week.
- Public records exemptions to be curbed for next La. governor Updated: Jun-19-15 4:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's next governor will have to open more records to the public.