- Veterans office moves to new home Updated: Apr-20-14 11:25 am
- Baton Rouge school board member collapses, dies Updated: Apr-18-14 4:43 pm
- Early voting for May 3 election begins Saturday Updated: Apr-18-14 11:58 am
- Southern celebrates 100 years in Baton Rouge Updated: Apr-18-14 7:28 am
- Dropping search for planning director suggested Updated: Apr-18-14 7:11 am
- New Orleans tax preparer arrested for fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 5:07 pm
- Land acquired for Comite River canal project Updated: Apr-17-14 10:07 am
- Career Academy will close at end of school year Updated: Apr-17-14 9:59 am
- Driver killed in 1 car accident near Erwinville Updated: Apr-16-14 3:56 pm
- Deputies: Fight between step-brothers turns deadly Updated: Apr-16-14 12:10 pm
- East Baton Rouge spending up 6 percent in Feb. Updated: Apr-16-14 9:49 am
- House kills bill to remove La.'s anti-sodomy law Updated: Apr-15-14 8:02 pm
- Bill would restrict drones on La. private property Updated: Apr-15-14 3:29 pm
- Supporters seek new angle to limit payday lending Updated: Apr-14-14 3:46 pm
- Man carjacks ex-girlfriend in empty school bus Updated: Apr-14-14 3:04 pm
- Investigators: Fire set at Baton Rouge house Updated: Apr-14-14 2:56 pm
- Baton Rouge officials object to landfill approval Updated: Apr-14-14 8:55 am
- Baton Rouge road configuration changes in works Updated: Apr-14-14 7:04 am
- Railroad donates for museum project Updated: Apr-14-14 4:19 am
- Southern president aims for higher standards Updated: Apr-12-14 12:09 pm
- Lawmakers hanging onto their Tulane scholarships Updated: Apr-11-14 12:55 pm
- Baton Rouge residential sales growing Updated: Apr-11-14 10:13 am
- TSA: Security clearance available at Baton Rouge Updated: Apr-11-14 9:55 am
- Money could be delayed during review of LSU deals Updated: Apr-10-14 9:26 pm
- LSU touts economic study, cites game day concerns Updated: Apr-10-14 8:26 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The office that helps military veterans in East Baton Rouge Parish has moved into a new home.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Funeral services are scheduled next week for East Baton Rouge Parish School Board member Randy Lamana, who collapsed as he walked to his car at the Capitol after a legislative hearing on restructuring the school system.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Early voting for the May 3 general election begins Saturday and continues through April 26, excluding Sunday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The people who make up the Southern University community will never forget the institution's history. It's a point of pride, from the recruiters who visit high schools, to the students counting down the days until graduation and to the alumni who stay in touch decades after they last took a class.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge Metro Councilman and Mayor Pro Tem Chandler Loupe is recommending that interim Planning Director Ryan Holcomb be appointed to the position after a series of setbacks in the ongoing hiring search.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans woman has been arrested for allegedly defrauding the state of more than $900,000 through the filing of false tax returns.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 66-acre tract along U.S. 61 has been acquired for the long-awaited Comite River Diversion Canal project.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After months of fruitless efforts to secure a home, the board of directors of Career Academy agreed unanimously the career-oriented high school will close its doors next month when this school year ends.
ERWINVILLE, Louisiana - State police are investigating a fatal crash in West Baton Rouge Parish.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputies say an altercation between two step-brothers turned deadly with one shooting the other.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Consumer and business spending in East Baton Rouge Parish increased by 6.2 percent in February compared with a year ago.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana House overwhelmingly rejected a repeal of the state's unconstitutional anti-sodomy law Tuesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Unmanned aircraft would be limited on Louisiana private property if lawmakers agree to a bill that won the support of a Senate judiciary committee Tuesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Now that lawmakers have shot down efforts to cap annual interest rates for payday loans, supporters for stricter regulations of the storefront lenders are rallying behind another strategy.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge man armed with a handgun allegedly forced his ex-girlfriend to drive her empty school bus from her home almost six miles to his home.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A fire at a home in Baton Rouge caused $15,000 in damage and was determined to have been deliberately set.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge official wants to consider suing to block an industrial waste landfill in north Baton Rouge.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - In an effort to improve the flow of traffic between LSU's campus and downtown Baton Rouge, St. Ferdinand and St. Louis streets will become two-way roads before the end of the year.
BASTON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Knock Knock Children's Museum has received a $100,000 donation from CN Railroad to help fund learning zones at the museum planned at Baton Rouge City Park.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Southern University President Ronald Mason says the 134-year-old historically black university needs higher entrance standards.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana lawmakers aren't giving up the Tulane University scholarships they get to dole out each year, but they might be willing to tweak who can receive them in hopes of easing criticism of the program.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The 2014 outlook for the Baton Rouge real estate market is largely positive, thanks to the thousands of new jobs that are projected to come to the area and an improving national economy.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Transportation Security Administration has set up an enrollment center in Baton Rouge to help frequent air travelers get to their plane more quickly and with less hassle.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Federal officials have warned Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration that they will withhold $307 million in Medicaid money from the state if no agreement is soon reached on whether the state's financing plans for the privatized LSU hospitals meet federal guidelines.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An economic study released by LSU's athletic department on Thursday finds that Baton Rouge-area business sales related to the Tigers' sports programs has more than quadrupled since 2001 to nearly $400 million annually.