- Jindal canceling state contracts with Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-03-15 6:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration announced Monday that Louisiana is ousting Planned Parenthood from its Medicaid program.
- 5 La. universities win $20M manufacturing research grant Updated: Aug-03-15 2:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Five Louisiana universities are sharing a five-year $20 million grant to build a national consortium that supports advanced manufacturing research.
- Police identify victims in Baton Rouge triple shooting Updated: Aug-03-15 4:05 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police have identified the three men who were recently gunned down in Baton Rouge.
- Police find 3 men fatally shot early Sunday in Baton Rouge Updated: Aug-02-15 11:53 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police say three men have been shot and killed at one spot.
- DA: No charges in case involving LSU football players Updated: Jul-31-15 7:11 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - No formal charges will be filed against three LSU football players, including quarterback Anthony Jennings, for allegedly going into a house without permission in June.
- Baton Rouge, Bossier City daycare licenses face revocation Updated: Jul-31-15 6:25 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The state has moved to revoke the licenses of daycare facilities in Baton Rouge and Bossier City following recent inspections that turned up dozens of violations.
- Man found dead in overturned car in East Baton Rouge Parish Updated: Jul-31-15 3:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 25-year-old man has been found dead in his overturned vehicle in northern East Baton Rouge after he ran off U.S. Highway 61 north of La. 64.
- Survey shows CATS bus service losing support of its riders Updated: Jul-31-15 11:01 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The number of people willing to recommend the Capital Area Transit System to a friend has plummeted for the first time since the agency started measuring satisfaction more than a year ago.
- Coroner identifies man killed in Baton Rouge house fire Updated: Jul-31-15 7:38 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Authorities continue to look for a cause to a Baton Rouge house fire where one man died and another seriously injured.
- Man wanted in Lafayette murder killed in police shootout Updated: Jul-30-15 7:58 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police say a 37-year-old Morgan City man wanted in a shooting death in Lafayette died in a shootout with police.
- Baton Rouge sixth grades to tour LSU campus Updated: Jul-30-15 7:20 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU is planning to open its doors on successive Fridays this fall so sixth-graders from public middle schools in Baton Rouge can get a taste of what college is like in hopes that they will later pursue higher education.
- Judge upholds 40-year sentence given in child abuse case Updated: Jul-29-15 10:16 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge judge is standing by the 40-year prison term he gave a St. Gabriel woman convicted of abusing her then-20-month-old stepson.
- Amedisys easily beats Wall Street forecast Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Amedisys Inc., a Baton Rouge-based home health and hospice company, increased its second-quarter earnings to $10.6 million, or 32 cents per share, from $7.6 million, or 24 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Baton Rouge airport sees flight decline Updated: Jul-29-15 6:58 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge is one of many cities across the country that has seen the number of flights in and out of its airport drop over the past few years.
- Jindal: Florida Fuel Connection to invest in rail project Updated: Jul-28-15 6:25 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State officials say Florida Fuel Connection LLC will make a $75 million capital investment to build a petroleum terminal and rail transportation facility in East Feliciana Parish, near the Mississippi River.
- Federal judge throws out death sentence in double murder Updated: Jul-28-15 10:52 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A federal judge has overturned Todd Wessinger's death sentence in the shooting deaths two decades ago of restaurant co-workers Stephanie Guzzardo and David Breakwell.
- Ozone alert declared in the Baton Rouge region Updated: Jul-28-15 8:20 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The state Department of Environmental Quality has declared an ozone action day because air pollution could get high enough in the afternoon to cause health problems for some people in the Baton Rouge region.
- Republicans draw in more money for top La. statewide races Updated: Jul-27-15 8:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republicans are outraising Democrats in Louisiana's top two races on the Oct. 24 ballot, for governor and lieutenant governor - and pouring more of their own money into their competitions as well, according to the latest campaign reports.
- Judge stops Caddo Parish judges from enforcing funding order Updated: Jul-27-15 7:18 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge judge has ordered Caddo Parish's criminal court judges must stop ordering the public defender board to fund private lawyers appointed to represent indigent defendants that the public defenders are unable to defend due to conflicts.
- Baton Rouge looking at bike share rental program Updated: Jul-27-15 4:19 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Environmental Protection Agency staff and experts are coming to Baton Rouge to talk about choices for a bike share program that would let people rent and drop off bicycles at kiosks.
- Court: $350K settlement proposed in police injury suit Updated: Jul-26-15 6:56 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A man left permanently brain-damaged after being hit by a policeman has agreed to a $350,000 settlement rather than the $5 million originally sought in his civil rights lawsuit, court documents show.
- La. office cuts payment to pageant, citing fewer TV viewers Updated: Jul-23-15 7:50 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's lieutenant governor says the state tourism office is cutting in half the money it committed to pay the 2015 Miss USA pageant because the pageant was not carried on NBC or Univision as had been planned.
- Website offers window into Baton Rouge government spending Updated: Jul-23-15 10:46 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge Parish residents now have a way to know where their tax dollars are going.
- Woman indicted on sex-trafficking counts involving a minor Updated: Jul-23-15 8:04 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 36-year-old Baton Rouge woman accused of running a sex trafficking business from her home, and prostituting a minor in the process, has been indicted on federal charges.
- Man with 6 DWI convictions headed to prison for 14 ½ years Updated: Jul-23-15 7:50 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 45-year-old Baker man has been sentenced to 14 1/2 years in state prison for his sixth DWI conviction since 2000.