- Decision awaited months after death row heat trial Updated: Dec-07-13 10:41 am
- LSU: freshman DB Brazil no longer with team Updated: Dec-05-13 6:23 pm
- Shell scraps plans to build $12.5B plant in La. Updated: Dec-05-13 4:27 pm
- Grain farmers to benefit from Dreyfus move Updated: Dec-05-13 9:49 am
- Dozens apply for planning director position Updated: Dec-05-13 9:32 am
- Grand jury indicts 3 in drug deal slaying Updated: Dec-05-13 7:19 am
- ATC suspends permits for store owner Updated: Dec-05-13 4:13 am
- Addis man ordered to pay expenses in federal case Updated: Dec-04-13 10:14 am
- Theater chain wants to sell alcohol in Baton Rouge Updated: Dec-04-13 4:05 am
- Police step up patrols around LSU Updated: Dec-03-13 10:14 am
- Man stands trial in grandfather's death Updated: Dec-03-13 7:04 am
- Woman pleads guilty to federal wire fraud charge Updated: Dec-03-13 6:44 am
- US 190 Miss. River bridge getting new look Updated: Dec-02-13 10:11 am
- Many La. voucher students at failing schools Updated: Dec-01-13 8:05 pm
- Southern opens recruiting office in Turkey Updated: Dec-01-13 2:23 pm
- Trial rescheduled in kidnapping of woman Updated: Nov-29-13 10:35 am
- La casino revenues about even with Oct 2012 Updated: Nov-27-13 3:19 pm
- LSU AgCenter: La. Thanksgiving costs up 9 percent Updated: Nov-27-13 10:13 am
- Man pleads guilty in accidental shooting death Updated: Nov-27-13 6:55 am
- Man killed in rollover accident at Cortana Mall Updated: Nov-27-13 6:49 am
- BR Metro Council has 2 weeks to OK budget Updated: Nov-27-13 4:09 am
- Baton Rouge PD re-accredited for sixth time Updated: Nov-26-13 9:24 am
- 6 arrested in massage parlor raids Updated: Nov-26-13 7:01 am
- Lot transferred to La. Black History Hall of Fame Updated: Nov-26-13 6:28 am
- Baton Rouge chief revives push for deputy chief Updated: Nov-25-13 9:29 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A lawsuit challenging heat conditions on death row as unsafe for inmates at the state penitentiary was filed during the thick of Louisiana's hot and humid summer. The federal judge assigned to the case suggested he would rule quickly because of the health concerns involved.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette says freshman football player Jeryl Brazil, who's had several run-ins with the law since September, has been dismissed from the team by coach Les Miles.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Royal Dutch Shell has decided to abandon plans to build a massive $12.5 billion plant in Louisiana that would have turned natural gas into liquid fuels like diesel.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU AgCenter economist Mike Salassi says south Louisiana grain farmers are expected to benefit from the presence of Louis Dreyfus Commodities' move to the Port of Baton Rouge.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - More than 60 people are vying to become East Baton Rouge Parish's new planning director.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An East Baton Rouge grand jury has indicted three men in the Aug. 2 slaying of a Baton Rouge man during a drug deal.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control has ordered the immediate suspension of six alcohol and tobacco permits in the New Orleans area after a store owner was convicted of bribery.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A federal judge ruled an Addis man owes the owners of an Assumption Parish company $114,969 for pumping 380,000 gallons of unauthorized industrial wastewater down their injection well.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge's two AMC Theatres are seeking permission to sell beer, wine and liquor.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police have ramped up patrols around the LSU lakes and are urging joggers to be vigilant in the wake of an assault of a 30-year-old prosecutor who was choked unconscious during an evening jog.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Jury selection is underway in the first-degree murder trial of a 33-year-old Baton Rouge man accused in the 2009 arson-related slaying of his grandfather.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A former business manager for a Baton Rouge real estate development firm pleaded guilty in federal court to one count of wire fraud which accused her of taking more than $250,000 from her employer.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The old Mississippi River Bridge, between Port Allen and Baton Rouge, which opened nearly three-quarters of a century ago, is undergoing renovations that will cost more than 10 times the original price tag.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - New data indicates that many students in Louisiana's voucher program attended schools that were rated "D'' or "F'' on the state's grading scale. At least 45 percent of the nearly 5,000 students in the program last year attended such schools, a new report indicates.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Southern University has opened a recruiting office in Turkey as part of a broader strategy to attract international students to the Baton Rouge school.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal judge has rescheduled the trial of a man charged with kidnapping a woman in Florida with plans to force her to work as a prostitute before she escaped and went to police in Mississippi.
NEW ORLEANS - State-licensed casinos in Louisiana won $187.3 million from gamblers in October, about even with a year earlier.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Thanksgiving dinner costs in Louisiana are up about 9 percent - from $44.35 for a dinner for 10 last year, to $48.50 this year, the LSU AgCenter says.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 19-year-old Baton Rouge man who unintentionally shot and killed his cousin in January while hanging out inside a vacant home has pleaded guilty to negligent homicide.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police say a 39-year-old Baton Rouge man died when he lost control of his Jeep Wrangler in the Cortana Mall parking lot, struck a tree and rolled over.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge's Metro Council has two weeks to work out any changes members want to make to Mayor-President Kip Holden's 2014 budget plan for the coming year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the sixth time, the Baton Rouge Police Department has been accredited by a national law enforcement organization that bills itself the "gold standard in public safety."
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - State police arrested six employees suspected of being involved in prostitution operations at two separate Asian massage parlors in West Baton Rouge Parish.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The East Baton Rouge Redevelopment Authority has approved the transfer of a lot next to the Lincoln Theater in Old South Baton Rouge to a group looking at developing the Louisiana Black History Hall of Fame.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police Chief Carl Dabadie has revived a previously shelved effort to add deputy chiefs to the Baton Rouge Police Department, positions Dabadie says would create a clearer chain of command.