- No plans to cut Council on Aging services Updated: Mar-12-14 10:20 am
- La. lawmakers open hearings on $25B state budget Updated: Mar-11-14 7:53 pm
- Baton Rouge hires new planning commission director Updated: Mar-11-14 9:58 am
- 2 arrested after man killed in hit-run accident Updated: Mar-11-14 7:08 am
- Jindal pushes worker training, as session opens Updated: Mar-10-14 5:37 pm
- Court upholds hiring of outside counsel Updated: Mar-10-14 5:01 pm
- Wildlife commission votes on longer stays Updated: Mar-10-14 12:11 pm
- Fatal hit and run accident in Baton Rouge Updated: Mar-10-14 10:22 am
- Deputy faces criminal, administrative sanctions Updated: Mar-10-14 7:52 am
- Analysis: Amendments seek to get around Jindal Updated: Mar-09-14 6:05 pm
- School will teach culinary, life skills Updated: Mar-09-14 1:06 pm
- Woman dies in Livingston Parish accident Updated: Mar-09-14 11:20 am
- Preacher takes his ministry to the levee Updated: Mar-08-14 12:05 pm
- Bill would fund jail for misdemeanor offenders Updated: Mar-08-14 11:31 am
- Anglers out for days could bring more black bass Updated: Mar-08-14 4:53 am
- Grand jury declines to indict man in son's death Updated: Mar-07-14 7:34 pm
- MoveOn keeps tourism slogan Updated: Mar-07-14 9:53 am
- 'Innovative Schools' plan to Baton Rouge board Updated: Mar-07-14 7:31 am
- Baton Rouge developer eyes Six Flags site again Updated: Mar-06-14 5:32 pm
- Langlois joins AP to help boost state coverage Updated: Mar-05-14 6:23 pm
- Bills seek to cap payday loan rates in Louisiana Updated: Mar-05-14 5:28 pm
- Legislature doesn't appeal 'fund sweep' ruling Updated: Mar-05-14 2:34 pm
- Baton Rouge-based Antares expanding into Texas Updated: Mar-05-14 9:47 am
- Most iced-over highways in Louisiana reopen Updated: Mar-04-14 3:51 pm
- Disinfectant put in coffee; woman arrested Updated: Mar-03-14 7:34 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The East Baton Rouge Council on Aging continues to operate at a deficit of about $400,000 a year and a new audit out this week questions the agency's viability due to increasing demands that outpace funding.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers who began unraveling the details Tuesday of Gov. Bobby Jindal's $25 billion budget proposal learned they have more shortfalls to address this year before they piece together next year's spending plans.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After nearly four months of searching, the Baton Rouge City-Parish Planning Commission has offered the parish's top planning job to Charles Graves, a Cincinnati planning director.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police have arrested two men in the fatal hit-and-run of a 45-year-old man Sunday night.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal told lawmakers opening their annual legislative session Monday that Louisiana's biggest challenge was making sure it has enough workers to fill the jobs his administration has helped attract to the state.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Attorney General Buddy Caldwell acted within his authority when he approved the hiring of outside legal help in a lawsuit filed by the Louisiana Flood Protection Authority-East against almost 100 oil and gas companies for alleged damage to coastal wetlands.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The first steps to allow hunters and fishermen to stay longer in the state's most remote areas was taken Thursday by the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police are investigating a fatal hit and run accident.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - A West Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputy arrested last week could face additional discipline after he shoved an Addis police officer and threatened another officer who, during a routine traffic stop, pulled over a car containing the deputy's wife, daughter and her boyfriend.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers frustrated with the policies of Gov. Bobby Jindal and his allies have turned to the Louisiana Constitution, finding it the only path to bypass the power of a governor and his veto pen.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Some people might question Chris and Sommer Wadsworth's definition of slowing down.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State police say a passenger on a motorcycle died in a Livingston Parish accident.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Back from a daylong swamp tour, tourists stepped off buses parked on South River Road downtown to board the American Queen, moored on the chocolate brown surface of the Mississippi River.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A legislator has prefiled a bill that would move the city-parish one step closer to getting a full-time misdemeanor jail.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Anglers out on salt water for up to three days could bring home their total daily limit of black bass under a rule being considered by the state.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A grand jury has declined to indict a 23-year-old Baton Rouge man for murder in the death of his 6-month-old son, Aiden, who showed signs of previous abuse, including having been burned in a scalding bath.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne wants a pro-Medicaid expansion group to stop using the state's tourism marketing slogan in its billboard campaign.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge Parish Superintendent Bernard Taylor told the school board he hopes to solicit proposals to create new schools in order to head off growing competition from charter schools.
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans' latest call for someone to take on the redevelopment of the blighted former Six Flags theme park received just one response.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Associated Press has named Lauren Langlois as a legislative relief reporter in Louisiana.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana organizations that represent the elderly, the poor and others on fixed incomes want stiffer regulation of payday lending businesses that offer short-term loans with high interest rates.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Legislature has decided against appealing a judge's ruling that it was improper to use $3.7 million from a probation and parole officers' retirement fund to balance the state budget.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Antares Technology Solutions, a Baton Rouge software development and information technology consulting company, is expanding into the south-central Texas software services market.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Melting ice means the Louisiana Department of Transportation has reopened most roads that had been closed earlier Tuesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputies have arrested a 31-year-old Denham Springs woman on accusations she squirted a disinfectant into a co-worker's coffee cup with the intent of injuring the woman.