- Suspect in Baton Rouge shootout dies Updated: Feb-14-16 10:24 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police in Louisiana say a man suspected of shooting two police officers in Baton Rouge has died.
- Edwards releases budget proposal without taxes, only cuts Updated: Feb-13-16 8:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards' administration presented its doomsday budget to lawmakers Saturday, showing the widespread cuts that would be levied across public colleges and health care services without new money for the state treasury.
- Simmons, Quarterman lead LSU over No. 15 Texas A&M, 76-71 Updated: Feb-13-16 5:46 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Ben Simmons didn't have to shoot particularly well or throw down any flashy dunks to provide an invaluable, dynamic, wire-to-wire presence for LSU.
- Texas A&M stumbles to 4th straight loss, 76-71 at LSU Updated: Feb-13-16 5:42 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Danuel House grimaced, dipped his head and turned back up court as his 3-point attempt missed the rim with 33 seconds left.
- The Latest: DA says officers "totally justified" in shootout Updated: Feb-13-16 4:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Latest on a police shooting in Baton Rouge (all times local):
- Edwards asks public to support tax hikes for state budget Updated: Feb-11-16 9:15 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - In a rare, statewide televised speech, Gov. John Bel Edwards tried Thursday to persuade Louisianians that he and lawmakers need to raise their taxes to help pay for continuing government services.
- Trump to hold campaign rally Thursday in Baton Rouge Updated: Feb-08-16 5:44 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump will be in Louisiana on Thursday for a campaign rally in the 10,000-seat Baton Rouge River Center.
- The Latest: Dead ID'd in shooting after Mississippi parade Updated: Feb-07-16 8:17 pm
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - The Latest on a shooting in south Mississippi after a Mardi Gras parade (all times local):
- Mother, daughter indicted in Medicaid fraud case Updated: Feb-06-16 12:27 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A defunct Donaldsonville in-home care company and its mother and daughter former owners are under indictment in an alleged six-year scheme to defraud Louisiana's Medicaid program.
- Former Baton Rouge police officer arrested Updated: Feb-05-16 4:30 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A former Baton Rouge police officer has been arrested, accused of access device fraud.
- Lack of hospital, ER in north Baton Rouge sparks concerns Updated: Feb-05-16 7:20 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Public concern over a lack of an emergency room near north Baton Rouge is sparking discussion about possible financial incentives to bring a hospital to the area.
- Louisiana Senate race draws its first Democratic candidate Updated: Feb-04-16 4:51 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has its first Democratic contender.
- Businessman pleads guilty to embezzling $1M from restaurants Updated: Feb-04-16 4:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Florida businessman has pleaded guilty to charges he embezzled nearly $1 million from the bankruptcy estate for a company that operated more than two dozen Popeyes fast-food restaurants in Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.
- Judge rules out mentions of deaths at BP supervisor's trial Updated: Feb-04-16 12:09 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Eleven men died in the 2010 rig explosion that led to BP's Gulf oil spill, but a jury will hear about only four during a rig supervisor's trial this month.
- Police: Man who escaped twice recaptured Updated: Feb-04-16 6:56 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police have booked a man who escaped from work release, was recaptured, then accidentally released from prison.
- Ex-Sen. Mary Landrieu's son arrested on child cruelty charge Updated: Feb-03-16 2:12 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Former U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu's 23-year-old son faces a child cruelty charge following his 2-year-old child's treatment at a hospital for bruises and scratches.
- Airport seeks parking fee hikes to pay for upgrades Updated: Feb-03-16 8:10 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport wants to increase parking fees by $2 in order to pay for $5 million in upgrades to its parking garage.
- East Baton Rouge schools officials propose staff changes Updated: Feb-02-16 10:36 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge schools officials are looking at possibly reducing a number of positions.
- Baton Rouge-area home sales jump 8 percent in 2015 Updated: Feb-02-16 10:18 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge-area home sales increased by 8 percent in 2015.
- Officials weigh in on proposed smoking ban for bars, casinos Updated: Feb-01-16 1:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge officials are starting to weigh in on a proposed smoking ban for casinos and bars.
- Real estate experts: TOPS helps fuel LSU apartment boom Updated: Feb-01-16 11:28 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Real estate experts say the neighborhoods around LSU are in the middle of an unprecedented apartment construction boom and it's being fueled, in part, by the TOPS scholarship program.
- LSU says budget cuts would force widespread layoffs Updated: Jan-25-16 8:12 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU would have widespread layoffs, course eliminations and program closures across its campuses if the university system is forced to make the cuts under consideration by state officials, according to a budget reduction plan released Monday.
- Justices extend bar on automatic life terms for teenagers Updated: Jan-25-16 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that people serving life terms for murders they committed as teenagers must have a chance to seek their freedom, a decision that could affect more than 1,000 inmates.
- Public school system challenges funding of charter schools Updated: Jan-25-16 9:51 am
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - The West Baton Rouge Parish school system is looking to lead the charge in the latest battle over the amount of local and state tax dollars the Louisiana Department of Education pumps into charter schools annually.
- Director: Baton Rouge zoo looking at major revamp Updated: Jan-23-16 4:02 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The director of the Baton Rouge Zoo says much of the zoo's architecture would need to be replaced to carry out proposals to make it an interactive "zoo of the future."