- Houston-area man acquitted of charges he burned daughter Updated: May-23-15 11:47 am
BEAUMONT, Texas - A 26-year-old Houston-area man has been acquitted of charges he intentionally severely burned his 14-month-old daughter while bathing the child in hot water.
- Texan gets 70 years in deaths of woman, her boyfriend Updated: May-09-15 11:52 am
BEAUMONT, Texas - A Southeast Texas man has been sentenced to 70 years in prison for the 2012 fatal shootings of a woman and her boyfriend as the men argued.
- 2nd capital murder suspect caught in Beaumont clerk killing Updated: May-09-15 10:04 am
BEAUMONT, Texas - Beaumont police say a second suspect has been arrested in last month's fatal shooting of a convenience store clerk.
- Witch doctor gets federal prison for drug protection scheme Updated: May-01-15 10:22 am
BEAUMONT, Texas - A Nigerian man who federal prosecutors say portrayed himself as a "witch doctor" has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars from cocaine traffickers looking to get his supernatural protection from authorities.
- Illinois county does booming business in asbestos lawsuits Updated: Apr-29-15 2:58 pm
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Few of the tourists who drive old Route 66 through this rural Illinois town are aware of its true economic engine: a booming business in asbestos lawsuits that attracts law firms from across the country.
- Port Arthur woman pleads guilty in slaying of ex-husband Updated: Apr-27-15 9:26 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - A Port Arthur woman has pleaded guilty in the stabbing death of her ex-husband, whose body was discovered on his couch a week after his death.