- SE Louisiana beats Lamar 71-62, gets eighth seed Updated: Mar-08-14 10:05 pm
- Hilliard leads Lamar over New Orleans 89-70 Updated: Mar-06-14 11:03 pm
- Dallas Kimball beats Beaumont Central 60-56 Updated: Mar-06-14 10:18 pm
- New Texas abortion law closes 2 more clinics Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- TV winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Mar-03-14 1:12 pm
- Primaries offer 1st major test of voter ID laws Updated: Feb-28-14 2:55 pm
- Firms eye Lower Columbia for 2 methanol plants Updated: Feb-23-14 3:44 pm
- Sam Houston St. holds off Lamar for 74-71 victory Updated: Feb-22-14 10:42 pm
- Woman wrecks Beaumont police car she stole Updated: Feb-22-14 4:08 pm
- Lamar fires basketball coach Pat Knight Updated: Feb-16-14 3:57 pm
- Balanced Northwestern St puts away Lamar 87-67 Updated: Feb-15-14 9:48 pm
- Texas facility to destroy Syrian chemical weapons Updated: Feb-15-14 4:31 pm
- SF Austin wins 20 straight, beating Lamar 78-69 Updated: Feb-13-14 11:42 pm
- Man in banana costume with rifle cited by police Updated: Feb-08-14 3:14 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - Devonte Upson came off the bench to score 16 points and JaMichael Hawkins added 15 as Southeastern Louisiana snapped a four-game losing skid with a 71-62 victory over Lamar and clinched the eighth seed in the Southland Conference tournament on Saturday night.
BEAUMONT, Texas - Nimrod Hilliard scored 19 points and dished out 11 assists to help Lamar snap a seven-game losing skid with an 89-70 victory over New Orleans on Thursday night.
AUSTIN, Texas - Jawun Evans scored 23 points and D'Angelo Allen blocked a potential game-tying shot with 20 seconds left Thursday night to send Dallas Kimball back into the Class 4A final with a 60-56 win over Beaumont Central.
AUSTIN, Texas - The last abortion clinic in the vast, impoverished Rio Grande Valley closed Thursday, along with the sole remaining clinic in the 100-mile stretch between Houston and the Louisiana border, posing a tall obstacle to women seeking to end pregnancies across a wide swath of the nation's second-largest state.
WASHINGTON - In elections that begin next week, voters in 10 states will be required to present photo identification before casting ballots - the first major test of voter ID laws after years of legal challenges arguing that the measures are designed to suppress voting.
LONGVIEW, Washington - Low natural gas prices are causing a boom in methanol manufacturing nationwide, and the Lower Columbia region should be quick to seize on the skilled jobs and tax revenue that the clean industry will bring.
BEAUMONT, Texas - Jabari Peters, who finished with 14 points, scored six in the final 1:03 as Sam Houston State held on for 74-71 victory over Lamar Saturday night.
BEAUMONT, Texas - A Beaumont police officer has escaped serious injury after he was dragged briefly while unsuccessfully trying to prevent a woman from driving off in a patrol car.
BEAUMONT, Texas - Lamar has fired coach Pat Knight, son of Hall of Fame coach Bob Knight, with the Cardinals having won just six games the past two seasons.
BEAUMONT, Texas - DeQuan Hicks finished with 10 points, 11 assists and six rebounds to lead a balanced Northwestern State attack in an 87-67 win over Lamar Saturday night.
BEAUMONT, Texas - A Port Arthur facility will destroy some of the industrial chemicals found in Syria's stockpile of chemical weapons.
BEAUMONT, Texas - Desmond Haymon scored 30 points and Thomas Walkup notched 19 while grabbing 11 rebounds as Stephen F Austin won its 20th straight game, beating Lamar 78-69 on Thursday night, staying perfect in the Southland Conference.
BEAUMONT, Texas - Police have cited an 18-year-old Beaumont man who riled and worried passing motorists by standing at an intersection dressed as a banana with an assault rifle slung across his back.