- Ex-CIA agent convicted in Italy fights to stay in Portugal Updated: Oct-09-15 9:18 am
LISBON, Portugal - A former CIA operative convicted of kidnapping an Egyptian cleric in Milan as part of the U.S. extraordinary renditions program is fighting against being sent to Italy to serve the six-year sentence she received in absentia there, a Portuguese court official said Friday.
- Portugal: A look at the election of a new government Updated: Oct-03-15 2:18 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal holds a general election Sunday when the country's 9.7 million eligible voters choose a government for the next four years. Here are some of the issues:
- Portugal calls up defender Semedo for Euro qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 7:53 am
LISBON, Portugal - Benfica defender Nelson Semedo has earned his first call-up for Portugal ahead of the European Championship qualifiers against Denmark and Serbia, when Cristiano Ronaldo's team needs just one point to book its place at next year's tournament.
- A look at Portugal's main candidates for prime minister Updated: Oct-02-15 5:41 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portuguese voters elect a new government in elections Sunday. Here is a look at the two main candidates for prime minister.
- China sends Europe coveted new exports: Jobs, investment Updated: Oct-01-15 4:14 am
LISBON, Portugal - When two Chinese companies appeared among the bidders to buy a troubled Portuguese bank this year, its staff took heart.
- Can austerity win an election? Portugal offers an insight Updated: Sep-20-15 11:23 am
LISBON, Portugal - Can a center-right government that has cut pay and pensions, enacted steep tax increases and slashed public services win re-election?
- Portuguese party leaders don't watch the clock Updated: Sep-17-15 6:15 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's political leaders are promising a lot during campaigning for next month's general election, but one thing they can't guarantee is punctuality.