- Sporting beats Porto 3-1 to stay in Portuguese title fight Updated: Apr-30-16 6:28 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Striker Islam Slimani scored two goals as Sporting Lisbon defeated Porto 3-1 on Saturday to remain two points behind Benfica with two rounds left in the Portuguese league.
- Options narrow for ex-CIA agent's fight against extradition Updated: Apr-26-16 12:47 pm
LISBON, Portugal - A former CIA operative has one last chance to avoid being extradited from Portugal to Italy to serve a prison sentence for her part in the U.S. extraordinary renditions program, Portuguese court officials said Tuesday.
- Madeleine McCann's parents lose Lisbon libel case on appeal Updated: Apr-19-16 11:20 am
LISBON, Portugal - An appeals court in Portugal has overturned the libel conviction of a former Portuguese detective who published a book alleging the parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann were involved in their daughter's disappearance, the parents' lawyer said Tuesday.
- Spanish, Angolan rivals reach deal over Portuguese bank Updated: Apr-11-16 6:58 am
LISBON, Portugal - The Lisbon stock exchange suspended trading in shares in Banco Portugues do Investimento as the market awaited details Monday of a takeover agreement between the bank's Spanish and Angolan shareholders.
- Portugal's head of culture quits after uncultured threats Updated: Apr-08-16 9:47 am
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government's head of culture quit Friday after causing an outcry by threatening on social media to slap two newspaper critics.
- Bayern beats Benfica 1-0 in Champions League quarterfinal Updated: Apr-05-16 5:56 pm
MUNICH - Arturo Vidal's early header was enough for Bayern Munich to beat Benfica 1-0 at home on Tuesday and take a slender advantage from the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal.