- Sons of Union Vets working to restore Civil War gravesites Updated: May-02-16 5:05 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - There are some 500 Civil War veterans buried in Porter County.
- Orange Ribbon Week shines spotlight on underage drinking Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 am
LAKE STATION, Indiana - Illusionist Jaden Maxwell used playing cards and a rope to show how illusions distort reality just as alcohol distorts perception.
- Text-to-911 service coming to northwestern Indiana county Updated: Apr-29-16 2:08 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - People in a northwestern Indiana county will soon be able to text 911 emergency messages.
- Pence honors Indiana basketball team whose bus crashed Updated: Apr-28-16 2:58 am
GRIFFITH, Indiana - A northwestern Indiana high school basketball team whose bus overturned in March has been honored by Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
- Indiana man trying again to get murder conviction overturned Updated: Apr-27-16 2:10 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - A northwest Indiana man is trying again to have his conviction overturned in the shooting death of his ex-girlfriend.
- Indiana State Museum to unveil bicentennial artifact exhibit Updated: Apr-26-16 10:55 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana State Museum is set to unveil its collection of 200 artifacts that have been either made or used by famous residents in honor of the state's bicentennial.
- Valparaiso advisory council recommends LGBT protections Updated: Apr-20-16 2:57 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - An advisory council in Valparaiso has voted to recommend sending an ordinance to the City Council that would prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Hundreds are kind to each other at World Civility Day event Updated: Apr-15-16 6:47 pm
GARY, Indiana - Participants in northwest Indiana's first World Civility Day event smiled, greeting each other with handshakes and hugs, and some took photographs to share on social media as they advocated treating others kindly.
- Porter County man convicted of killing wife gets 55 years Updated: Apr-08-16 1:04 pm
VALPARAISO, Indiana - A northwestern Indiana man convicted of fatally shooting his wife in the head has been sentenced to 55 years in prison.
- Charges dropped in Valparaiso University hoax hostage call Updated: Apr-07-16 7:42 pm
VALPARAISO, Indiana - An Indiana prosecutor has dropped charges against a Valparaiso University student who previously was accused of calling police and saying he had taken hostages in the school library, leading to a campus lockdown.
- Northwest Indiana schools continue to seek to prevent hazing Updated: Apr-04-16 3:46 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - Some northwest Indiana schools plan to continue reminding students and staff about the consequences of hazing.