- South Shore testing free Wi-Fi on some cars through the fall Updated: Aug-31-15 3:52 am
CHESTERTON, Indiana - The South Shore commuter rail is making Wi-Fi available to passengers on 10 high-capacity cars that often are used at rush hour.
- 1955 refinery explosion seemed like 'end of the world' Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
WHITING, Indiana - On an already hot morning during one of the hottest summers on record, shortly after the sun peeked over the horizon, a huge blast at the Standard Oil Refinery in Whiting startled thousands out of their sleep and shattered windows as far away as Crown Point.
- Plans outlines charter schools at juvenile detention centers Updated: Aug-24-15 12:13 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - Officials within Ball State University's Office of Charter Schools are considering an Indianapolis organization's proposal to create a charter school at juvenile detention centers statewide.
- Fire, skewers bring twist to marshmallow business Updated: Aug-21-15 5:06 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - In less than 10 seconds, Jayme Goffin can turn a block of fluffy homemade marshmallow into gooey decadence with help from a pronged skewer and a propane torch.
- Breast milk donation site has successful first year Updated: Aug-18-15 5:05 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A Northwest Indiana OB/GYN office collected about 375 pounds of breast milk in its first year as a donation site. Then Megan Cardwell, a mom from Crown Point, showed up.
- Hospital offers 'cool' therapy for newborns Updated: Aug-13-15 4:10 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Tasha Thompson says her baby, Clayton, "just didn't want to come out."
- As the opening of school approaches, security is priority Updated: Aug-12-15 4:13 am
MUNSTER, Indiana - A few months ago, Highland school administrators went on full alert when they received a message from the Highland Police Department that someone called in with a threat to students at Highland High School.