- NW Indiana accountant accused of fraud faced 34 counts Updated: May-21-15 5:59 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - A federal grand jury has indicted the owner of a northwest Indiana accounting firm on 34 counts, a prosecutor said Thursday.
- After starting with 13, Victory Christian Academy grows Updated: May-20-15 9:36 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Natalie Eichelberg, of Valparaiso, looked on with pride as her preschooler, Elliana Eichelberg, received an award for having read several books over the last few weeks.
- Northwest Indiana struggling to provide new industrial space Updated: May-15-15 2:56 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - Northwest Indiana isn't keeping up with metro areas such as Chicago and Indianapolis when it comes to building large industrial spaces that tenant businesses can move into on short notice, according to commercial real estate experts.
- Northwest Indiana lawmaker to run for governor in 2016 Updated: May-10-15 1:05 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - A state senator from northwest Indiana plans to officially announce Tuesday she plans to run for governor in 2016, saying she offers Indiana voters statewide a new choice.
- Hebron High students study treasures of Chinese Bronze Age Updated: May-07-15 9:16 am
HEBRON, Indiana - Hebron High School student artists are recreating the Chinese Bronze Age as they sculpt bowls and other pieces of fine pottery for class.
- Morningstar CEO's entrepreneurial spirit has Munster roots Updated: May-03-15 12:38 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - The high school yearbook photos show a brightly smiling teen who was active in science club and chess club, and who worked on the stage crews of numerous school plays.
- East Chicago group celebrates mentoring girls to success Updated: Apr-30-15 9:19 am
EAST CHICAGO, Indiana - PEARLS, a local nonprofit group dedicated to building self-esteem in young girls, celebrated its one-year anniversary recently at The Salvation Army facility on Chicago Avenue. More than 70 people, including the 15 girls who successfully completed the first level of the program, participated.
- Unique birds: Trumpeter swans have home in Valparaiso Updated: Apr-29-15 9:22 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Two rare birds considered completely extinct in most of the country by the early 20th century have graced the grounds of Taltree Arboretum for the last three years.
- Needs of manufacturers being addressed at Ivy Tech Updated: Apr-28-15 9:19 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Ivy Tech Community College in Valparaiso is working to meet the needs of manufacturers in Porter and LaPorte counties with a new Machine Tool Training program on campus.
- Indiana nonprofit works to transform lives around the globe Updated: Apr-23-15 9:13 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Kids Alive International President Al Lackey often thinks about the young boy his agency helped rescue from being locked up in a 6 foot box where he was forced to eat, sleep and relieve himself.