- Indiana law spurs 'fireworks tourism' from Illinoisans Updated: Jul-02-15 12:58 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - Indiana's more lenient fireworks regulations can mean a Fourth of July boon in business for Lake County, which borders Illinois, according to experts.
- Chesterton man hails Marine Corps for instilling discipline Updated: Jul-01-15 9:26 am
CHESTERTON, Indiana - Bob Bergren saw some horrific things during his tour in the Korean War, but the sight of a Chinese soldier aflame as Marines filed past on the road from the Chosin Reservoir siege haunts him most.
- Griffith 'renaissance' brings eclectic shops downtown Updated: Jun-30-15 9:07 am
GRIFFITH, Indiana - In the market for a mounted zebra head? An AR-15 assault rifle? A bag of popcorn that tastes like cinnamon rolls? A haircut from a former reality show star?
- Munster woman who helped change Indiana's law praises ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 12:31 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - A Munster woman whose same-sex marriage was the first recognized in Indiana as her partner was dying of cancer is praising the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.
- Creation of foundation allows woman's legacy to live on Updated: Jun-26-15 9:13 am
LAPORTE, Indiana - One of the most devastating events is losing a child, and even more devastating is losing a child to an accident that could have been prevented.
- LaPorte man decides to enter into month-long road trip Updated: Jun-24-15 9:28 am
LAPORTE, Indiana - A plan to travel the country as a monthlong adventure could turn into a quest for a LaPorte man.
- Companies seek to change state regulation of utility rates Updated: Jun-17-15 3:19 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - More than two dozen companies with operations in Indiana have formed a consortium and are preparing to argue for changes in the way the state regulates utility rates.
- Shooting death of Gary man's son pushes him into activism Updated: Jun-17-15 9:02 am
GARY, Indiana - Glynn Taylor was picking up chairs for an upcoming holiday party in December 2012 when he saw Gary officers zoom by a nearby highway.
- Minnesota man charged with killing girlfriend in NW Indiana Updated: Jun-11-15 9:38 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - A murder charge has been filed against a Minnesota man accused of strangling his girlfriend at a motel in northwestern Indiana.
- Hammond High School student relies on mom for inspiration Updated: Jun-09-15 9:11 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - Hammond High School senior Isabelle Robinson learned perseverance and determination by watching her parents over the years.
- Indiana governor: State 'deeply committed' to steel industry Updated: Jun-05-15 11:40 am
GARY, Indiana - Gov. Mike Pence visited U.S. Steel's plant in Gary amid hundreds of layoffs at the northern Indiana mill, telling workers that the state is committed to helping the industry grow.
- New Griffith record store revives love of vinyl records Updated: Jun-05-15 9:26 am
GRIFFITH, Indiana - When his record collection got "way out of hand," the "obvious" thing to do was get rid of his bed, then dresser, so he could have more storage space for his vinyl treasures.
- Indiana Supreme Court to consider case on police searches Updated: Jun-02-15 4:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court has decided to consider a case that deals with police searches.
- Parents sue Hobart district over prayers at school events Updated: Jun-02-15 10:56 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - A Hobart school district faces a lawsuit over prayers that are said before athletic events, graduations and school board meetings from parents who say the prayers violate the First Amendment.
- Northwest Indiana woman drowns in pool while babysitting Updated: Jun-02-15 9:52 am
SCHERERVILLE, Indiana - Northwest Indiana authorities say an 18-year-old woman has died three days after being found in the swimming pool at a pastor's home where she had been babysitting.