- Purdue eyes broad uses for new disaster plan Updated: Dec-05-13 10:02 am
- 9-foot menorah found after NW Indiana theft Updated: Dec-02-13 12:37 pm
- Ind. may pay up to $110M in upfront Illiana costs Updated: Nov-30-13 5:25 pm
- Ind. higher ed chief: New policy may be clarified Updated: Nov-30-13 4:19 pm
- Ind. seeks investors for tollway near Chicago Updated: Nov-13-13 10:49 am
- Congressmen wants Lake County's help for extension Updated: Nov-10-13 5:37 pm
- NW Indiana sees boom in economic development Updated: Nov-10-13 11:56 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - A Purdue University professor and her students have partnered with local emergency responders to develop a state-of-the-art system for managing disasters using the 2008 Munster flood as a model.
MUNSTER, Indiana - A 9-foot metal menorah is back in place after being taken from the front yard of a rabbi's home in northwestern Indiana.
MUNSTER, Indiana - A document from Indiana transportation officials says the state may pay upfront costs of as much as $110 million for construction of the proposed Illiana Expressway that would link northwestern Indiana and Chicago's south suburbs.
MUNSTER, Indiana - A policy statement recently approved by Indiana's higher education commission will likely be clarified, after it sparked concerns that it would restrict academic freedom at the state's regional college campuses, the education commissioner said.
MUNSTER, Indiana - Indiana officials are giving potential investors about two months to show interest in the state's part of the planned $1.3 billion tollway linking highways south of Chicago.
MUNSTER, Indiana - A congressman from northwest Indiana is hoping that a new Lake County local income tax could eventually lead to the South Shore commuter rail line being extended.
MUNSTER, Indiana - Economic development is improving in northwest Indiana the past two years.