- Beer buses hitting the road in northwest Indiana Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Craft beer has been brewed in Northwest Indiana since at least 1996, but its popularity has exploded over the last few years.
- Gary's Vacant to Vibrant projects get kudos from residents Updated: Nov-25-15 5:05 am
GARY, Indiana - City officials gathered with nonprofit and federal partners Monday morning to officially open a rain garden on a formerly abandoned lot in the city's Aetna neighborhood.
- EXCHANGE: Balloon handlers train for Thanksgiving Day parade Updated: Nov-18-15 1:17 pm
CHICAGO - On a recent sunny Saturday morning on the great lawn in front of the Museum of Science and Industry, gusts of wind bullied a 40-foot balloon of the cartoon monkey schnickelfritz known as Curious George.
- Firefighters use vacant house as training site for 2 years Updated: Nov-17-15 5:02 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - An unoccupied home belonging to Bethel Church will be torn down next month, ending its two-year period of training region firefighters to save lives.
- Consultants listen to ideas on South Shore stop locations Updated: Nov-13-15 12:19 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - Consultants hired to decide the best location for a stop for an extension of the South Shore commuter rail met with more than 100 areas residents to hear their ideas.
- South Shore train tests bike racks before regular use Updated: Nov-10-15 11:33 am
MUNSTER, Indiana - The South Shore rail commuter line in northern Indiana has experimented with bike racks on commuter trains.
- Region women stitch together humor in sewing project Updated: Nov-10-15 5:03 am
SCHERERVILLE, Indiana - Singer sewing machines hummed as women of the self-dubbed United Nations Sewing Club stitched together holiday cheer for veterans and joked about the need for 60-something single men to pay them a visit.
- The Latest: Evansville mayor wins landslide re-election Updated: Nov-03-15 9:44 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The latest developments in Indiana's municipal elections, during which voters are selecting mayors and City Council members around the state (all times local):