- Loyola rolls to 73-59 victory over Southern Illinois Updated: Feb-06-16 11:20 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Montel James scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Loyola of Chicago rolled to a 73-59 victory over Southern Illinois on Saturday night.
- Southern Illinois University reports spring enrollment drop Updated: Feb-02-16 5:24 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University at Carbondale is reporting enrollment has dropped more than 5 percent for the spring semester.
- Jackson County sues state over unpaid bills amid budget woes Updated: Jan-23-16 11:40 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Jackson County in southern Illinois is the latest local government to sue the state over unpaid bills caused by the lack of a state spending plan.
- SIU scholarship to go to coal-mining community students Updated: Jan-21-16 11:26 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University has started a new scholarship to help students affected by the upcoming closure of one of the area's biggest coal mines.
- Southern Illinois beats Indiana State 79-66 Updated: Jan-20-16 10:47 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Leo Vincent scored 18 points off the bench as Southern Illinois beat Indiana State 79-66 on Wednesday night.
- Chicago man sentenced to 2 years for SIU bomb threats Updated: Jan-19-16 4:28 pm
BENTON, Illinois - A Chicago man who said he was seeking attention on a campus where he was bullied and harassed has been sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to making bomb threats in a self-declared "war" on Southern Illinois University in Carbondale.
- Southern Illinois preparing now for 2017 eclipse tourists Updated: Jan-18-16 11:33 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Tourism officials in southern Illinois say they're already preparing for the Aug. 21, 2017, solar eclipse, which is expected to draw thousands of visitors.
- Vincent leads Southern Illinois past Illinois St. 81-78 Updated: Jan-12-16 11:03 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Leo Vincent scored a career-high 24 points, including the winning 3-pointer with 24 seconds left, to help Southern Illinois rally from a 12-point, second-half deficit and beat Illinois State 81-78 Tuesday night.
- Renovations underway at 1940s-era theater in Carbondale Updated: Jan-11-16 4:12 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Renovations have been done on the 1940s-era Varsity theater in Carbondale.
- Wichita State pulls away from Southern Illinois 83-58 Updated: Jan-09-16 6:43 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Ron Baker scored 18 points to lead Wichita State to an 83-58 win over Southern Illinois on Saturday.