- DuPont Pioneer closes Kekaha site Updated: May-22-15 8:29 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Global seed company, DuPont Pioneer, has shut down its Kekaha facility and will lay off 34 workers.
- Kauai County buys new buses to replace older ones Updated: May-19-15 2:25 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Newer and more reliable transportation is coming to transit riders in Kauai County.
- Hawaii seeks comment on Kauai forest reserve management plan Updated: May-03-15 9:05 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - The state Department of Land and Natural Resources is seeking the public's input on a draft management plan for two forest reserves on Kauai.
- Kauai convenience store known for manju snacks to close Updated: May-02-15 11:40 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai will soon lose a popular convenience store and purveyor of homemade snacks like "Lawai Manju," Spam musubi and chi chi dango.
- Search suspended for man who survived previous ordeal at sea Updated: Apr-28-15 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - For the second time in five months, the Coast Guard has suspended a search for Hawaii fisherman Ron Ingraham.
- Officials to remove pieces of fishing boat from Kapaa canal Updated: Apr-28-15 4:15 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Pieces of what appear to be a Japanese fishing boat are slated for removal after they were found in a Kapaa canal and reported to state Department of Land and Natural Resources.
- Twice-stung neighbor seeks damages from former beekeeper Updated: Apr-28-15 4:05 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - A man with a bee allergy is suing his neighbor, saying there's little difference to him between a bee and a bullet.
- Family donates 40 acres of taro land to trust Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Hawaii family has donated two perpetual conservation easements to place permanent restrictions on the land use of 40 acres of wetland used for taro production.