- Residents push for fence after cemetery vandalism Updated: Nov-28-15 1:03 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Residents want a fence and gate with a combination lock installed at the Hanapepe Hawaiian Cemetery after the site was vandalized.
- Inmate's temporary release revoked, dad dies before visit Updated: Nov-27-15 8:56 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Kauai inmate's get-out-of-jail card was revoked when his terminally ill father died hours before his son was scheduled to be released to say goodbye.
- Voyagers near completion of Kauai canoe Updated: Nov-24-15 9:30 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Three experienced voyagers from Kauai who set out nearly two decades ago to build the island's first long-distance Polynesian canoe in more than a century are almost ready to set sail.
- Hanalei restoration project to prevent flooding complete Updated: Nov-09-15 8:42 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - State officials have announced the completion of a multi-million dollar project to prevent flooding and protect endangered species in the Hanalei Stream.
- A dozen fans collected for Kekaha Elementary School Updated: Nov-08-15 4:38 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Students are helping cool hot classrooms by replicating a Kona fan drive for Kekaha Elementary School.
- Whale entanglement expert shares protection plans Updated: Nov-07-15 2:02 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - In the last dozen years, Ed Lyman has helped free 22 humpback whales from entanglements, recovering buoys and more than 9,000 feet of fishing line that were once wound around the bodies of these majestic endangered species.
- 6 month jail, $92K restitution for Kauai domestic abuse Updated: Nov-05-15 8:45 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Kauai man must serve six months in jail and pay $92,000 restitution for assaulting his girlfriend and her mother.
- Predator-proof fence protects Kauai endangered birds Updated: Nov-03-15 8:43 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Conservation officials this week moved 10 endangered Hawaiian petrel chicks to an area of Kauai that's protected by a predator-proof fence.
- Kauai utility to dedicate state's largest solar project Updated: Nov-02-15 5:30 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai's electric utility will dedicate the state's largest solar project this weekend.
- Kauai wants state to help make interisland travel cheaper Updated: Nov-01-15 2:38 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai County is asking the state to incentivize competition and help make interisland travel cost less.
- Kauai police union may file complaint over body cameras Updated: Oct-31-15 10:59 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Hawaii police union will file a labor board complaint if it doesn't get final approval on a policy governing the first widespread use of body cameras in the state.