- Absentee voting ends Saturday in Congressional race Updated: May-28-15 6:34 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - North Mississippi residents have until Saturday to cast an absentee ballot in the upcoming June 2 runoff election for the 1st Congressional District seat.
- Zinn and Kelly seeking support in Miss. congressional race Updated: May-26-15 2:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Two candidates are trying to win support in the final days before a runoff in a north Mississippi congressional election.
- Tupelo police officers to have body cameras Updated: May-21-15 4:45 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Police Chief Bart Aguirre wants every patrol officer to be fitted with a body camera within a year.
- Mississippi editorial roundup Updated: May-20-15 12:44 pm
Recent editorials from Mississippi newspapers:
- Tupelo's mayor engaged to beauty queen medical student Updated: May-17-15 7:19 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo's mayor is engaged to a beauty queen and medical student.
- Natchez Trace Parkway looking to save 8 cottages Updated: May-17-15 11:45 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Natchez Trace Parkway officials are hoping to save eight historic cottages in Tupelo.
- Search continues for Lee County escapee Updated: May-14-15 6:37 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Authorities continue to search for an inmate who walked away Tuesday afternoon from the Lee County Work Center in downtown Tupelo.
- Farm to Fork program to make stop in Tupelo Updated: May-13-15 5:22 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Alcorn State University is joining with United Healthcare Community Plan of Mississippi to bring farm-fresh food to local communities.
- 1 Dem, 1 Republican headed to US House runoff in Mississippi Updated: May-13-15 5:00 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democrat Walter Zinn and Republican Trent Kelly will spend the next three weeks competing for support in a north Mississippi congressional race after emerging from a field of 13 candidates in a special election.
- Man dies at hospital following Tupelo shooting Sunday Updated: May-12-15 12:08 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A young man has died following a shooting Sunday night at a Tupelo apartment complex.
- Journal editor to head education foundation Updated: May-12-15 9:19 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Lloyd Gray, executive editor of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal for 23 years, is leaving the newspaper to become executive director of The Phil Hardin Foundation.
- Tupelo seeks to point visitors the right way with new signs Updated: May-11-15 4:30 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tourism officials in Tupelo plan to install new signs that will make it easier for visitors to get around the city.
- Tupelo Middle School set to expand online course offerings Updated: May-06-15 11:49 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Middle School is expanding its online course offerings this fall.
- Mississippi highway dept. apply for I-22 designation Updated: May-06-15 10:23 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Transportation Commission has authorized the Mississippi Department of Transportation to submit an application for approval to designate U.S. Highway 78 as Interstate 22 in north Mississippi.
- Trading out old, saving money: Police get 2 new motorcycles Updated: May-04-15 1:38 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Tupelo Police Department got such a great deal, it added two new bikes to its motorcycle unit.
- Tupelo revitalization project waiting for contract approval Updated: May-04-15 12:31 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - An item on this week's Tupelo City Council agenda could be a major step in revitalizing parts of West Jackson Street.
- Tupelo man sentenced for counterfeiting Updated: May-01-15 6:35 am
ABERDEEN, Mississippi - A 37-year-old Tupelo man will spend 21 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to the charge of counterfeiting.
- McCullough chosen as new economic chief for Mississippi Updated: Apr-30-15 4:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant on Thursday named Glenn McCullough Jr. as the new director of the state's economic development agency, praising his past experience as Tennessee Valley Authority chairman, Tupelo mayor and Appalachian Regional Commission director.
- Tupelo voters approve $44M school bond request Updated: Apr-29-15 9:28 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Voters have approved a $44 million bond request from the Tupelo Public School District.