- Sugar Cane: Weather hurts sweet crop Updated: Oct-06-15 11:22 am
THIBODUAX, Louisiana - Even as the price of sugar cane begins to rise, farmers and industry officials expect an average year for the crop due to unsteady weather conditions this year.
- Mathews woman loses appeal over deaths of 2 children Updated: Oct-05-15 10:34 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A 48-year-old Mathews woman serving consecutive life sentences for killing her two young children has lost her bid to overturn her convictions.
- Library tax renewals head to Lafourche voters Updated: Oct-01-15 7:51 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - On Oct. 24, Lafourche Parish voters will decide whether to renew two property taxes for library operations, construction and maintenance.
- Sheriff's office to serve subpoenas in triple slaying case Updated: Sep-28-15 8:03 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A state judge has ruled the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office can serve subpoenas in a Lockport triple murder case, even though it employs a victim's mother.
- Dog's infection prompts Lafourche shelter to close this week Updated: Sep-28-15 7:55 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter will close some of its services this week after a dog that had been kept there tested positive for a bacterial disease called leptospirosis.
- Woman accused of lying to deputies to steal patrol car Updated: Sep-26-15 11:03 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A Thibodaux woman remains jailed after lying about a killing and driving off in a sheriff's patrol car as deputies investigated.
- Thibodaux councilman's sentence for hunting violations ends Updated: Sep-19-15 10:39 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Thibodaux city councilman has finished serving jail time for federal hunting violations.
- Lafourche to use oil spill money on coastal restoration Updated: Sep-17-15 8:14 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish received positive feedback on its plan to spend $1.3 million in Restore Act money relating to the 2010 BP oil spill.
- Lafourche Parish School Board approves $186 million budget Updated: Sep-15-15 8:08 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Decreasing federal and state money is again the biggest challenge facing the Lafourche Parish School Board budget.
- Lafourche project would improve wetlands east of Leeville Updated: Sep-14-15 11:29 am
LEEVILLE, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish's plan for Restore Act money proposes setting aside $270,550 for engineering and permitting to build new wetlands, restore degraded marsh and reduce wave erosion along Louisiana Highway 1 east of Leeville.
- Former state trooper tapped as Thibodaux police chief Updated: Sep-09-15 7:50 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A former state trooper has been tapped as the new Thibodaux police chief to replace Scott Silverii who retired Aug. 28.