- Michigan man gets 17 years in prison for heroin trafficking Updated: Aug-25-15 2:42 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A 44-year-old man has been sentenced to 17 years in prison and 10 years of supervised release for serving as the ringleader of a drug trafficking organization centered in Benton Harbor.
- Man sentenced for concealing death of 4-month-old girl Updated: Aug-24-15 5:11 pm
WHITE CLOUD, Michigan - A 27-year-old man has been ordered to spend at least two years and four months in prison for concealing the death of a 4-month-old girl whose body was found in a western Michigan crawl space.
- Michigan State Police probing accounts on cheating website Updated: Aug-21-15 6:37 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State Police officials say they're launching a probe into accounts associated with at least two troopers on the cheating website Ashley Madison.
- Former prosecutor enters plea deal in sex assault case Updated: Aug-21-15 11:16 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A former Kent County assistant prosecutor who authorities say tried to rape a woman on a date has pleaded no contest to aggravated stalking.
- 250-mile Grand River water trail in early planning stages Updated: Aug-21-15 8:53 am
LANSING, Michigan - A roughly 250-mile water trail running the length of the Grand River in Michigan is in the early planning stages, with state officials looking for local input on the idea.
- Voter-approved tax brings park upgrades in Grand Rapids Updated: Aug-20-15 4:32 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A city tax in Grand Rapids is bringing a host of park improvements, including a new skate park.
- Massive launch of sky lanterns planned at Kalamazoo Speedway Updated: Aug-19-15 6:40 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A massive launch of sky lanterns is planned during an event at the Kalamazoo Speedway.
- Grand Rapids employees pitch in to beautify green space Updated: Aug-19-15 4:05 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A group of young, professional Grand Rapids employees is pitching in on a volunteer effort to beautify green space in a city neighborhood.
- Part of western Michigan highway dedicated to fallen sailor Updated: Aug-16-15 4:25 pm
KENTWOOD, Michigan - A stretch of western Michigan highway has been dedicated to a Navy SEAL killed four years ago in Afghanistan.
- Riptides force doctor to stop marathon swim in Lake Michigan Updated: Aug-14-15 3:32 pm
SAUGATUCK, Michigan - A North Carolina doctor says he fell a quarter-mile short of swimming across Lake Michigan, from Wisconsin to Michigan.
- Oil spill drill set for pipelines in Straits of Mackinac Updated: Aug-14-15 3:22 am
MACKINAW CITY, Michigan - A massive exercise is in the works that would test a company's ability to respond to a spill from oil pipelines under the Straits of Mackinac (MAK'-ih-naw).
- Police investigate whether shooting connected to vigil Updated: Aug-13-15 8:55 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Police in Grand Rapids are investigating whether a shooting is connected to a vigil for a slain teen that was held nearby.
- Jury awards $1.7M in suit by family of man who died at farm Updated: Aug-13-15 6:07 am
HASTINGS, Michigan - A jury has awarded $1.7 million in a wrongful death lawsuit by the family of one of two young people who died in 2010 after falling into a tank at a Barry County dairy farm.
- Authorities: Woman hurt in deck collapse at birthday party Updated: Aug-12-15 5:29 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Authorities say a woman was injured when a second-story deck collapsed during her 80th birthday celebration at a home in western Michigan.
- Harvest unclear for Michigan vineyards after severe storms Updated: Aug-07-15 4:18 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Vineyards in northwest Michigan are grappling with the possibility that they might lose their entire grape crop after severe storms blew through the area last weekend.
- Man charged with overseas gun smuggling released on bond Updated: Aug-07-15 2:14 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A Grand Rapids man charged with smuggling handguns to Lebanon has been released with an electronic monitor while the case unfolds in federal court.
- Coins, tooth among items in Lansing unclaimed goods auction Updated: Aug-07-15 1:53 am
LANSING, Michigan - The state of Michigan is hosting an auction of unclaimed items from safety deposit boxes, including coins, watches and a human tooth.
- Grand Rapids crafts company to add 550 jobs as demand jumps Updated: Aug-07-15 1:23 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A Grand Rapids company that distributes craft supplies is looking to hire 550 workers amid increasing demand for its products.
- Light sentence for woman who was quiet about '90 homicide Updated: Aug-06-15 6:35 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A woman who kept silent about a murder 25 years ago apologized to the victim's family for "agony and distress" and dodged a prison sentence Thursday for lying to investigators.
- Detroit barbecue restaurant opens Grand Rapids location Updated: Aug-06-15 12:19 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A popular Detroit barbecue restaurant has opened a Grand Rapids location.
- Authorities: 5 teens stole laptops from elementary school Updated: Aug-06-15 5:46 am
HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say five teenagers stole laptops after breaking into an elementary school in western Michigan.
- Grand Rapids' Meijer Gardens sets monthly attendance record Updated: Aug-06-15 1:43 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids has had its busiest month for attendance in its 20-year history.
- Authorities: No injuries after water plant chemicals mixed Updated: Aug-05-15 12:31 pm
GRAND HAVEN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say there are no injuries after an accident involving chemicals at a water filtration plant in western Michigan.
- Rosalynn Bliss elected 1st female mayor of Grand Rapids Updated: Aug-05-15 9:52 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Rosalynn Bliss has been elected mayor of Grand Rapids, becoming the first woman to hold the position.
- Ex-MLB player Curtis to represent self via video from prison Updated: Aug-05-15 9:45 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Former Major League Baseball player Chad Curtis plans to represent himself in a civil lawsuit in federal court in Michigan via a video link from prison.