- Authorities: Man smuggled guns from US to his native Lebanon Updated: Jul-29-15 8:20 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Authorities say a 54-year-old western Michigan man used his import-export business to smuggle handguns from the U.S. to his native Lebanon.
- Carmaker Tesla to open charging station outside Grand Rapids Updated: Jul-27-15 6:31 am
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Electric car company Tesla Motors is opening a new charging station southeast of Grand Rapids.
- Civil rights panel backs effort to challenge anti-Arab bias Updated: Jul-26-15 3:17 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The Michigan Civil Rights Commission is backing a national campaign to challenge discrimination against U.S. Arabs and Muslims.
- Former student files federal suit in school sex assault case Updated: Jul-24-15 11:14 am
BYRON CENTER, Michigan - A former student who was sexually assaulted by a high school teacher is suing a western Michigan district.
- Parole absconder faces life in prison for slaying conviction Updated: Jul-23-15 7:17 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A parole absconder will be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the slaying of an 81-year-old man at a hotel in western Michigan.
- Former LPGA pro to give girls lesson on golf swing Updated: Jul-23-15 5:42 am
BELMONT, Michigan - Young female golfers will receive a lesson on the sport from a former pro during the Meijer LPGA Classic in western Michigan.
- No relief from Snyder for man convicted of murder as teen Updated: Jul-22-15 12:22 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has refused to reduce the life sentence of a Grand Rapids man who was a 16-year-old getaway driver in a store robbery that ended with the fatal shooting of a cashier.
- Camp in Grand Rapids gives fun to children coping with grief Updated: Jul-22-15 9:53 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Childhood summers are supposed to be carefree, but when a young person or their family member is diagnosed with cancer or is grieving, sometimes they need a little help recapturing what it means to be lighthearted.
- Invasive quagga mussel spotted in inland lake in Michigan Updated: Jul-22-15 1:50 am
LITTLE TRAVERSE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An environmental group says invasive quagga mussels have been found in an inland lake in the northern part of the Lower Peninsula.
- State civil rights commission to discuss same-sex marriage Updated: Jul-20-15 4:07 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Same-sex marriage is among the topics the Michigan Civil Rights Commission plans to discuss during its next public meeting.
- Jury convicts man in western Michigan home invasion, slaying Updated: Jul-17-15 1:38 pm
SPENCER TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A man has been convicted of murder for his role in the home invasion and slaying of a 34-year-old western Michigan man.
- Detroit nonprofit working to save city's jazz history Updated: Jul-16-15 4:02 pm
DETROIT - Volunteers are working to save pieces of the city's jazz history from a long-vacant building in downtown Detroit.
- Davenport University restructuring campuses across Michigan Updated: Jul-16-15 12:26 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Davenport University is restructuring several of its campuses across Michigan amid declining enrollment.
- Iraqi refugee charged in sexual assault of girl, 14 Updated: Jul-16-15 11:28 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A woman who described life in Iraq as "hell" before fleeing to the United States has been charged in the sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl in western Michigan.
- Members of church that got $300,000 from thief raise $8,500 Updated: Jul-13-15 3:55 pm
GRANDVILLE, Michigan - So far, members of a megachurch in western Michigan have contributed $8,500 toward victims of a Ponzi scheme by a man who donated $300,000 to the church.
- Consumers Energy plans downtown Grand Rapids training center Updated: Jul-13-15 1:32 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Michigan utility company Consumers Energy is planning to build a new employee training center in downtown Grand Rapids on land leased from Grand Valley State University.
- Michigan Democrats pick Brandon Dillon as new leader Updated: Jul-11-15 2:09 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - The Michigan Democratic Party has elected state Rep. Brandon Dillon as its new party chairman to succeed Lon Johnson, who is resigning to run for Congress.
- Officials: Man dies after boat accident in western Michigan Updated: Jul-10-15 12:47 pm
WRIGHT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officials say a 66-year-old man has died after a boating accident at a private lake in western Michigan.
- Meetings planned on possible new passenger rail service Updated: Jul-10-15 12:32 pm
HOLLAND, Michigan - More public meetings are planned on proposed new passenger rail service that could connect Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids and Holland.
- No parole in case of young Grand Rapids man killed in 1990 Updated: Jul-09-15 4:26 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A judge ordered Michigan's mandatory no-parole sentence for a man convicted of killing an aspiring teacher 25 years ago, saying he attacked the victim "like he was nothing."
- Woman, 57, killed by robotic machine at factory in Ionia Updated: Jul-08-15 7:11 pm
IONIA, Michigan - Police say a 57-year-old employee at an automotive stamping facility in Michigan died after she got caught in a robotic machine.
- Great Lakes surface temperatures higher than year ago Updated: Jul-07-15 8:10 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Weather officials say water temperatures in the Great Lakes are higher than at the same time a year ago.
- Man competent for trial in slayings of mother, 2 children Updated: Jul-06-15 5:19 pm
DORR TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 32-year-old man will stand trial in the shooting deaths of a one-time girlfriend and her two children.
- Events to mark 102nd anniversary of Gerald Ford's birth Updated: Jul-06-15 11:24 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Events marking the 102nd anniversary of the birth of President Gerald Ford are planned in Michigan.
- Ill children to get safe place to play in healing center Updated: Jul-06-15 4:13 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The first year-round recreational center in the nation specifically designed for kids coping with cancer or serious illness will open in September in Grand Rapids.