- Trask force to seek ideas on fixing streets in New Orleans Updated: Dec-01-15 7:40 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu has appointed a 13-member panel charged with coming up with ways to pay for the massive backlog of work needed to fix the city's streets.
- Man fatally shot on Canal Street Updated: Dec-01-15 7:20 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say a 19-year-old man died in a shooting at the intersection of Canal and South Rampart streets.
- Contract loss means possible loss of jobs at NASA's Michoud Updated: Dec-01-15 4:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - Nearly 200 workers at NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans face layoffs in January after the maintenance contract for the facility changes hands.
- New Orleans Zephyrs add a new owner Updated: Nov-30-15 6:49 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Zephyrs say the club's ownership group is adding a new 50-percent partner who'll take over day-to-day operations of the minor league baseball franchise.
- Saints seeking answers to worst offensive outing in years Updated: Nov-30-15 6:30 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - As an offensive captain, Saints veteran right tackle Zach Strief wants to put New Orleans' latest loss in the proper perspective, which in this case means emphasizing how bad the 24-6 drubbing in Houston really was on his side of the ball.
- Audit: Millions in equipment missing from LSU hospitals Updated: Nov-30-15 6:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Nearly $6 million in state-owned hospital equipment can't be located, and millions more bought for the recently opened New Orleans public hospital hasn't been tracked properly, according to an audit released Monday.
- Court papers: Witness ID'd man in playground shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 4:14 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A witness's statement and photo identification led to the arrest of a man accused in a playground shootout that wounded 17 people, court papers show.
- New Orleans drive-thru coffee house planned on Canal Street Updated: Nov-30-15 2:33 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Famous for its drive-thru daiquiris, New Orleans may soon have a drive-thru coffee shop install on a busy Mid-City street that has been targeted for redevelopment.
- State Sen. Troy Brown faces domestic abuse charge Updated: Nov-30-15 1:14 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say state Sen. Troy Brown punched a woman in the eye during a hotel argument over the weekend.
- Study to examine rising suicide rates in New Orleans Updated: Nov-30-15 12:35 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A coroner has teamed up with a nonprofit research organization to study suicide rates in New Orleans.
- Tulane researchers to study oil's effects on Gulf of Mexico Updated: Nov-30-15 7:34 am
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane University researchers have been awarded $4 million to study oil's effects on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Sheriff: Couple, 2 young sons dead; apparent murder-suicide Updated: Nov-29-15 5:39 pm
MARRERO, Louisiana - Authorities in a New Orleans suburb say a couple and their sons, aged 2 and 4, have been found fatally stabbed in an apparent murder-suicide at a home.
- Analysis: Edwards' victory has ripple effect across politics Updated: Nov-29-15 5:16 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - While analysts were still sifting through the results of the Louisiana governor's race, politicians already were moving beyond how it happened that a Democrat won the job and looking ahead to the ramifications of voters' decision.
- Man killed outside Prohibition Bar in French Quarter Updated: Nov-28-15 8:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A fistfight outside a French Quarter bar turned deadly when someone pulled a gun and shot a 26-year-old New Orleans man, police said Saturday.
- Coroner IDs man killed outside bar in New Orleans Updated: Nov-28-15 8:56 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest on a shooting that killed a 26-year-old man on Bourbon Street (all times local):
- Authorities: Lindsay Lohan's stepmother removed from plane Updated: Nov-28-15 5:04 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A coast-to-coast flight was diverted to New Orleans to remove actress Lindsay Lohan's stepmother, authorities said Saturday.
- Tulane fires Johnson after 3 losing seasons in 4 years Updated: Nov-28-15 12:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane has fired coach Curtis Johnson after the Green Wave finished their third losing season in four years under the New Orleans native.
- Historic re-enactors gather at former French fort Updated: Nov-28-15 4:01 am
PRAIRIE DU ROCHER, Illinois - A group of historic re-enactors is setting up camp at a former French fort in southern Illinois as a tribute to an 18th century voyage from southeast Missouri to New Orleans.
- Man holes up in apartment for 5 hours after neighbor shot Updated: Nov-27-15 7:56 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A mentally ill man suspected of shooting his neighbor barricaded himself in his apartment in New Orleans for about five hours before surrendering to police.
- New Orleans police: Standoff over as suspect surrenders Updated: Nov-27-15 6:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say a mentally ill man suspected of shooting his neighbor before barricading himself in his apartment has surrendered.
- Loyola University president touts $11.5M savings plan Updated: Nov-27-15 3:58 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Faced with trying to win the support of disgruntled faculty members, Loyola University New Orleans President the Rev. Kevin Wildes has announced that he is planning to slice the university's spending by $11.5 million over the next five years.
- Restaurants donating oyster shells to protect the coast Updated: Nov-27-15 2:53 pm
BURAS, Louisiana - Standing amid mounds of discarded oyster shells, restaurant workers and oil company employees have been hard at work gathering the shells in preparation for them to be returned to the ocean to create spawning areas for oysters.
- Grambling, Southern both confident entering Bayou Classic Updated: Nov-27-15 12:04 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Grambling State coach Broderick Fobbs says he and his players have spent much of the past year thinking about half a yard.
- Police: 'Medical issue' may have caused officer's car crash Updated: Nov-27-15 7:06 am
NEW ORLEANS - Officials say an off-duty police officer was taken to a hospital after his SUV overturned on a New Orleans street.
- Saints place cornerback Lewis on injured reserve, add Owens Updated: Nov-26-15 8:20 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints have placed cornerback Keenan Lewis on injured reserve, ending his season.