- Authorities identify body pulled from Mississippi River Updated: Jul-31-15 3:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office has positively identified the body found floating in the Mississippi River earlier this week as that of 42-year-old Dave Hebron.
- Des Allemands woman charged with BP relief fraud Updated: Jul-31-15 8:22 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal grand jury in New Orleans has charged a 42-year-old Des Allemands woman with making a false claim for disaster relief after the 2010 BP oil spill.
- 2 indicted in killings of Metairie man and his son Updated: Jul-31-15 8:13 am
GRETNA, Louisiana - A Jefferson Parish grand jury has returned a 23-count indictment against two New Orleans residents accused of killing a Metairie man and his son during a home invasion in April.
- New Orleans lawmen seek to root out guns in school zones Updated: Jul-30-15 7:49 pm
NEW ORLEANS - U.S. Attorney Kenneth Polite, a 39-year-old Harvard-educated black federal prosecutor whose own life has been shaped by street violence in New Orleans, is renewing his focus on combatting gun violence among young people - this time by getting guns out of school zones.
- Kellogg Foundation giving $4.7 to nonprofits in La, Miss Updated: Jul-30-15 12:15 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The W.K. Kellogg Foundation has announced $4.7 million in grants to New Orleans and Mississippi nonprofits.
- Sept. 2 hearing in longtime inmate's quest for freedom Updated: Jul-30-15 4:10 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court in New Orleans has set arguments for Sept. 2 in the case of longtime Louisiana inmate Albert Woodfox.
- Former New Orleans mayor's appeal hearing set for October Updated: Jul-29-15 8:46 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court will hear arguments in Ray Nagin's challenge to his conviction on fraud charges.
- 1 count thrown out, 2 upheld in Katrina burned body case Updated: Jul-28-15 1:13 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court has refused to grant a new trial to a former New Orleans police officer convicted for burning the body of a man shot to death by another officer after Hurricane Katrina.
- Grambling's Broderick Fobbs to receive Eddie Robinson Award Updated: Jul-28-15 12:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Greater New Orleans Sports Hall of Fame will honor Grambling State football coach Broderick Fobbs at its annual awards banquet on Aug. 8.
- Man arrested after son finds gun, shoots himself in hand Updated: Jul-28-15 12:31 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans man has been arrested after his 5-year-old son shot himself with an unsecured handgun found in his father's bedroom.
- First offshore wind farm features New Orleans area firm Updated: Jul-28-15 10:38 am
NEW ORLEANS - A Louisiana-based engineering firm has designed the foundations for the first offshore wind farm in the United States, which began installation this week.
- New Orleans mayor making donation to vandalized memorial Updated: Jul-28-15 4:04 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu's office says Landrieu is donating $2,500 from his campaign fun to help restore a memorial to law enforcement officers that was vandalized over the weekend.
- ID released on man fatally shot by New Orleans detective Updated: Jul-27-15 3:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans coroner has identified the man who was shot to death by a police officer over the weekend as 60-year-old Christopher Olmstead.
- Davis endorses Gentry plan for roster stability, new style Updated: Jul-27-15 3:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis sounds rather pleased that the New Orleans Pelicans have done very little tweaking to their roster since their first-round exit from last season's playoffs.
- Vandals damage police memorial at New Orleans cemetery Updated: Jul-27-15 7:52 am
NEW ORLEANS - Vandals have damaged the eternal flame honoring fallen officers at New Orleans cemetery.
- Capital One Bank closes 5 branches in SE Louisiana Updated: Jul-26-15 6:04 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Spokesman Steven Thorpe says Capital One Bank is closing five southeast Louisiana branches.
- Officer crashes unmarked vehicle, suspended after DWI arrest Updated: Jul-26-15 5:17 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say a homicide officer has been suspended after crashing an unmarked police vehicle and testing over the legal limit for alcohol.
- New Orleans police: Suspect shot by officer dies Updated: Jul-25-15 5:55 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A man driving wildly down his New Orleans street, hitting other cars and homes after having an argument with his wife, was shot to death Saturday by a police officer, a police spokesman said.
- Theater victims were popular student and outgoing artist Updated: Jul-24-15 8:10 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - One was a popular student studying to be a radiology technician, while the other was an outgoing artist who ran retail boutiques in two Louisiana cities.
- Agent: Saints inform 2014 sack leader Galette of his release Updated: Jul-24-15 6:56 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Saints have cut Junior Galette, who has been among their most productive pass rushers the past two seasons, but also has dealt with off-the field trouble.
- New, more specific indictment against Sharper co-defendant Updated: Jul-24-15 6:15 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A new indictment in the Darren Sharper rape case gives details of a codefendant's alleged lies to investigators and brings a federal charge against a man previously charged only in state court.
- French Quarter gay club sold at bankruptcy auction Updated: Jul-24-15 4:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Oz, which calls itself "New Orleans #1 gay dance club," has been sold for $8.17 million at a bankruptcy auction.
- Most of New Orleans told boil water before drinking, bathing Updated: Jul-24-15 12:55 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans has told most city residents to boil tapwater before using it.
- New Orleans police: New use-of-force polices to take effect Updated: Jul-24-15 10:06 am
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Police Department has announced that a set of new use-of-force polices will soon take effect.
- Casino blames smoking ban for 2nd drop in monthly take Updated: Jul-24-15 7:34 am
NEW ORLEANS - Revenue dropped 30 percent in June at Harrah's New Orleans Hotel & Casino.