- Southern celebrates 100 years in Baton Rouge Updated: Apr-18-14 7:28 am
- La. man charged in Miss. sex-trafficking case Updated: Apr-18-14 6:31 am
- 20 arrested in Medicaid fraud case Updated: Apr-18-14 6:28 am
- Children's Hospital apologizes for slow response Updated: Apr-17-14 9:46 pm
- New Orleans tax preparer arrested for fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 5:07 pm
- Mayor pitches New Orleans as home for Late Show Updated: Apr-17-14 4:43 pm
- Davis provided hope for Pelicans, but needs help Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Funding pact reached in Orleans jail reform battle Updated: Apr-17-14 3:28 pm
- Evans leads Pelicans past Rockets, 105-100 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:59 pm
- Singh, Glover, Ogilvy commit to Zurich Classic Updated: Apr-16-14 8:23 pm
- Demps likes Pelicans' core, expects all back Updated: Apr-16-14 5:07 pm
- Recovered guns part of art project in New Orleans Updated: Apr-16-14 4:54 pm
- 3 rescued from ship taking on water in New Orleans Updated: Apr-16-14 10:55 am
- Education chief gets favorable job review Updated: Apr-16-14 6:40 am
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from ship taking on water Updated: Apr-16-14 1:47 am
- Senate votes against legislative guns in Capitol Updated: Apr-15-14 10:25 pm
- Entergy issues preliminary Q1 earnings guidance Updated: Apr-15-14 11:55 am
- Springsteen gets more time at Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-15-14 4:07 am
- Evans, Pelicans stun Thunder 101-89 Updated: Apr-15-14 12:24 am
- Thunder's Collison, Pelicans' Rivers ejected Updated: Apr-14-14 9:11 pm
- Thunder resting Westbrook vs. Pelicans Updated: Apr-14-14 7:27 pm
- French Quarter Fest breaks attendance record Updated: Apr-14-14 7:10 pm
- Driver accused in triathlete's death arrested Updated: Apr-14-14 6:34 pm
- Up to $7,500 reward for info in bald eagle death Updated: Apr-14-14 6:01 pm
- Archdiocese kicks off synod Tuesday Updated: Apr-14-14 3:52 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The people who make up the Southern University community will never forget the institution's history. It's a point of pride, from the recruiters who visit high schools, to the students counting down the days until graduation and to the alumni who stay in touch decades after they last took a class.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Attorney in New Orleans says a Louisiana man has been indicted in a 2012 sex trafficking case.
NEW ORLEANS - The state attorney general's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit has arrested 20 personal care attendants as part of a crackdown on provider fraud in the New Orleans area.
NEW ORLEANS - Five years after five children died with a fungal infection contracted from hospital linens, Children's Hospital has started notifying families to tell them their loved ones were affected by the outbreak.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans woman has been arrested for allegedly defrauding the state of more than $900,000 through the filing of false tax returns.
NEW ORLEANS - Los Angeles and New York have been making their cases. Now, New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu is pitching his city as the new home for the "Late Show" when Stephen Colbert takes over that CBS program from David Letterman next year.
NEW ORLEANS - The way Anthony Davis blossomed into an All-Star before he'd even turned 21 provided the Pelicans with hope for the future during an otherwise bleak season.
NEW ORLEANS - Lawyers for the city of New Orleans and the local sheriff have reached agreement, for now, on how to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to reform the city's violent jail.
NEW ORLEANS - Tyreke Evans' sore right knee - and long-term contract - gave him every reason to sit out the final two games of a losing season with the Pelicans.
NEW ORLEANS - Three more champions of golf's majors have committed to play in next week's Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
NEW ORLEANS - The left knee surgery Eric Gordon had scheduled on Wednesday was little more than an arthroscopic "cleanup" and all five of New Orleans' injured regulars should be ready for the start of next training camp, Pelicans general manager Dell Demps said Wednesday.
NEW ORLEANS - Artists began picking through an array of stocks, barrels, revolver cylinders, trigger assemblies and other firearm parts spread across the floor of a New Orleans gallery Wednesday to mark the beginning of a project that will turn the weaponry into art.
NEW ORLEANS - The owner of a tow boat that ran aground Tuesday in Lake Pontchartrain said high waves pushed by a passing storm front broke a line connecting the vessel and a barge it was pushing.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State Superintendent of Education John White has received a favorable job evaluation.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three crewmembers aboard an uninspected towing vessel taking on water and reportedly grounded in Lake Pontchartrain.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Legislators still must leave their guns at the door of the Louisiana Capitol.
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans-based Entergy Corp. expects first-quarter earnings of around $2.28 per share, well above the 94 cents recorded in a year ago and stock analysts' $1.15 forecast.
NEW ORLEANS - When the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival schedule was released in March, fans of Bruce Springsteen noticed his relatively modest May 3 concert time of 1 hour and 50 minutes.
NEW ORLEANS - Not long after Pelicans coach Monty Williams said he expected Tyreke Evans to take the night off to rest his sore right knee, Evans surprised his team by suiting up.
NEW ORLEANS - Thunder forward Nick Collison and Pelicans guard Austin Rivers both have been ejected following a brief scuffle in the second quarter of Monday night's game between Oklahoma City and New Orleans.
NEW ORLEANS - Nearly 733,000 people attended this year's French Quarter Festival, an increase of nearly 200,000 compared to last year.
NEW ORLEANS - Police have arrested the driver in a fatal crash that killed a triathlete in eastern New Orleans.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Humane Society of the United States are offering a reward of up to $7,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whomever is responsible for killing a federally protected bald eagle.
NEW ORLEANS - Archbishop Gregory Aymond on Tuesday will call together an archdiocesan synod, the first such convocation of Catholics in New Orleans since 1987.