- Royal Caribbean to launch new cruise ship Updated: Dec-12-13 6:22 am
- Ex-cop acquitted in retrial over deadly shooting Updated: Dec-12-13 4:28 am
- Pelicans hold off Pistons, 111-106 in OT Updated: Dec-12-13 12:38 am
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting Updated: Dec-11-13 8:45 pm
- Pelicans G Evans returns from injury Updated: Dec-11-13 8:44 pm
- Saints offense thriving on unpredictability Updated: Dec-11-13 7:32 pm
- Review: Katrina drama is Paul Walker's finest hour Updated: Dec-11-13 7:14 pm
- Tulane med researchers seek 'crowdfunding' money Updated: Dec-11-13 1:20 pm
- Several Louisiana artists snag Grammy nominations Updated: Dec-11-13 9:47 am
- Ex-New Orleans police officer pleads in drug case Updated: Dec-11-13 6:23 am
- Judge tosses some charges in BP supervisors' case Updated: Dec-10-13 5:40 pm
- Miss. utility regulators reject Entergy-ITC merger Updated: Dec-10-13 2:23 pm
- Consultant booked with scamming candidate Updated: Dec-10-13 10:37 am
- Court employee admits taking a bribe Updated: Dec-10-13 6:40 am
- After another home win, Saints seek road success Updated: Dec-09-13 7:39 pm
- Suit challenges state's 2nd Congressional District Updated: Dec-09-13 5:56 pm
- Jury hears from ex-cop charged in deadly shooting Updated: Dec-09-13 12:38 pm
- UNO instructor named 'Chef of the Year' Updated: Dec-09-13 6:59 am
- New Orleans complex sells for $54.5 million Updated: Dec-09-13 5:19 am
- State puts more money into incubator Updated: Dec-09-13 4:19 am
- 5 things to know after Saints paste Panthers 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:20 am
- Panthers' 8-game win streak ended by Saints 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 1:41 am
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 1:03 am
- Saints help NFL set single-day record for TDs Updated: Dec-08-13 10:41 pm
- RB Williams returns for Panthers vs. Saints Updated: Dec-08-13 7:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Royal Caribbean International's new 2,360-passenger Serenade of the Seas arrives Thursday at the Port of New Orleans and will sail weekly cruises through April.
NEW ORLEANS - Three years ago, a jury heard lurid testimony about a burned body and a brazen cover-up before convicting a former New Orleans police officer of fatally shooting a man without justification in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
NEW ORLEANS - It's a good thing for the New Orleans Pelicans that Ryan Anderson doesn't let an off night stop him from unleashing long-range shots with the game on the line.
NEW ORLEANS - A former New Orleans police officer whose 2010 manslaughter conviction was touted as a milestone in the city's healing after Hurricane Katrina was acquitted Wednesday by a different jury of charges he fatally shot a man without justification during the storm's chaotic aftermath.
NEW ORLEANS - Pelicans guard Tyreke Evans has returned to action two days after the club said he was expected to miss one to two weeks with a left ankle sprain
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Marques Colston's latest big game came without warning, which is precisely the way the New Orleans Saints like it.
LOS ANGELES - An ingeniously simple setup is cunningly exploited for maximum suspense in "Hours," a slow-building, consistently engrossing drama set during and immediately after the devastation wrought on New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina. Making a most impressive debut as feature helmer, scripter Eric Heisserer graduates from savvy genre fare ("Final Destination 5") to more mainstream moviemaking with this intense tale of a father's desperate efforts to keep his prematurely born daughter alive in a hospital abandoned after power is knocked out by flooding.
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane University's School of Medicine is joining one of the latest trends in fund raising.
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans songwriter, pianist and producer Allen Toussaint has been nominated for two Grammy awards and he is among several Louisiana artists who are up for one of the music industry's most coveted awards.
NEW ORLEANS - A former New Orleans police officer accused of trying to sell cocaine has pleaded guilty in federal court.
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge agreed Tuesday to dismiss some of the manslaughter charges against two BP supervisors in the deaths of 11 workers when the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi utility regulators on Tuesday unanimously rejected a merger proposal by Entergy Corp. and ITC Holdings Corp., saying the deal could've meant a $300 million rate increase for Mississippi customers over 30 years.
KENNER, Louisiana - A New Orleans campaign consultant has been booked with theft in Kenner, accused of stealing thousands of dollars from lawyer Connie Montgomery during her run for a Jefferson Parish Juvenile Court judgeship earlier this year.
NEW ORLEANS - A former employee at Orleans Parish Criminal District Court has admitted that she accepted a $600 bribe in exchange for fixing a sentence for a criminal defendant.
METAIRIE, Louisiana - With their latest double-digit triumph over a playoff contender, the New Orleans Saints left little doubt about how tough they are to beat in the Superdome.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's 2nd Congressional District looks like a wind-ruffled ribbon that curls from the eastern shore of Lake Pontchartrain through New Orleans, then up the Mississippi River to northern Baton Rouge.
NEW ORLEANS - A former New Orleans police officer has testified at his retrial that he thought he saw a gun in the hand of the man he shot and fatally wounded outside a strip mall in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath.
NEW ORLEANS - University of New Orleans instructor Ricardo Fredricks has been named Chef of the Year by the New Orleans chapter of the American Culinary Federation.
NEW ORLEANS - A month after an Atlanta company bought the American Can complex in Mid-City, a Florida investment group has sealed the deal on another major apartment development in the same area.
NEW ORLEANS - A state legislative committee has approved $350,000 in additional funding for the small-business incubator at Southern University at New Orleans.
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees often makes the extraordinary look routine, particularly during night games in the Superdome.
NEW ORLEANS - Carolina's franchise-record eight-game winning streak came crashing down under the New Orleans Saints' home dominance.
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees saw his face on giant Superdome video boards, then nodded and smiled as a jubilant crowd applauded the star quarterback's latest milestone and the meaningful way in which he hit it.
NEW ORLEANS - The NFL set a single-day record for touchdowns when the New Orleans Saints scored three times in the first half of Sunday night's game against the Carolina Panthers.