- Saints, left tackle Armstead agree on 5-year extension Updated: May-03-16 6:29 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints left tackle Terron Armstead has agreed to a five-year extension that runs through the 2021 season.
- Group: Courthouse flooded by Katrina still houses evidence Updated: May-03-16 4:17 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More than 10 years after Hurricane Katrina flooded the New Orleans courthouse's ground floor and destroyed evidence in thousands of criminal cases, evidence is still being stored there - and a watchdog group said Tuesday that a less-vulnerable storage space is needed.
- Judge refuses to toss lawsuit over deadly beating by police Updated: May-03-16 1:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge has refused to dismiss a decade-old lawsuit's claims against the city of New Orleans over a 48-year-old handyman's fatal beating by police.
- Judge refuses to toss lawsuit over deadly beating by police Updated: May-03-16 12:25 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge has refused to dismiss a decade-old lawsuit's claims against the city of New Orleans over a 48-year-old handyman's deadly encounter with two police officers.
- 3 killed in 4 vehicle wreck on I-10 in Hancock County Updated: May-03-16 11:52 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - A four vehicle crash on Interstate 10 near the Mississippi-Louisiana state line in Hancock County has claimed three lives.
- Tulane's France, New Orleans' Marsh win LSWA honors Updated: May-03-16 9:11 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Tulane's J.P. France and New Orleans' Preston Marsh have been named the Louisiana Sports Writers Association Baseball Players of the Week.
- House sends health exam requirement for students to Senate Updated: May-03-16 4:44 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Public school students would be required to have a wellness exam before entering kindergarten and sixth grade, if the Louisiana Senate agrees to a proposal that has won support from a divided state House.
- 'Raise the Age' bill passes Senate with strong support Updated: May-02-16 7:58 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A bid to raise the adult prosecution age in Louisiana one year to 18 years old has won strong support in the state Senate.
- New Orleans sheriff: Federal takeover not the answer Updated: May-02-16 6:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans sheriff says his department is doing a good job improving the city's jail and should get more time rather than face a federal takeover.
- New Orleans sheriff defends running of jail, making 2 hires Updated: May-02-16 4:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The embattled New Orleans sheriff is defending his running of the city's jail.
- Stuard takes Zurich Classic in playoff for 1st PGA win Updated: May-02-16 3:23 pm
AVONDALE, Louisiana - Brian Stuard made steady golf pay off on a waterlogged course in the haunting cypress swamps outside New Orleans.
- Minimum wage increase stalled as negotiations continue Updated: May-02-16 2:09 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A push by Gov. John Bel Edwards to boost Louisiana's minimum wage remains stalled in the Senate as the Democratic governor continues negotiating with lawmakers, trying to win support for the bill.
- Federal jury convicts woman in health fraud scheme Updated: May-02-16 10:10 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal court jury has convicted the owner of a health care company for her role in a $3.2 million Medicare fraud scheme operating in and around New Orleans.
- New Orleans ending civilian patrol in French Quarter Updated: May-02-16 5:45 am
NEW ORLEANS - One year and hundreds of thousands of dollars later, the French Quarter Nola civilian patrol is no more.
- Jazz fest's last day finishes soggy, but strong Updated: May-01-16 9:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Wind, rain and a lightning strike beside the stage where Bonnie Raitt was singing didn't stop the soggy last day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival from rollicking to a close.
- The Latest: All sing with Guthrie: 'Alice's Restaurant' Updated: May-01-16 9:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (all times local):
- Saints draft Nigeria native who learned football in Canada Updated: Apr-30-16 8:20 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - David Onyemata's path to the NFL began when he followed in his sisters' footsteps by leaving Nigeria to attend college in Canada.
- Big Freedia twerking her way to stardom Updated: Apr-30-16 7:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Talk about your ups and downs.
- Property investor from Metairie faces wire fraud charge Updated: Apr-30-16 6:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A Metairie man faces a federal wire fraud charge as prosecutors say he diverted money he solicited for property investments to personal use.
- The Latest: Weather cancels Saturday's final Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-30-16 5:55 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on activities at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (all times local):
- Correction: Underage Online Lawsuit story Updated: Apr-30-16 11:45 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - In a story April 29 about a federal judge blocking enforcement of a Louisiana criminal law that requires online booksellers, publishers and other website owners to electronically verify customers' ages, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the law was enacted in 2005. The law was enacted in 2015.
- Saints draft receiver Thomas, safety Bell, in 2nd round Updated: Apr-30-16 1:06 am
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints' draft class now includes a pair of Ohio State teammates who won a national championship together.
- Paul Simon, My Morning Jacket close out Friday's Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-29-16 11:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is entering its second weekend. The seven-day festival, taking place over two weekends, draws thousands of people to the city in a celebration of Louisiana music, food and culture. A look at the festival's fifth day:
- Section of Canal Street in New Orleans collapses into tunnel Updated: Apr-29-16 6:33 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A section of a main boulevard in New Orleans collapsed into a mostly unused tunnel Friday, two weeks after traffic was restricted there because problems were discovered in the tunnel.
- The Latest: Toussaint remembered fondly at festival Updated: Apr-29-16 4:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (all times local):