- Several Louisiana artists snag Grammy nominations Updated: Dec-11-13 9:47 am
- Jury to deliberate for 2nd day in Katrina shooting Updated: Dec-11-13 8:32 am
- Ex-New Orleans police officer pleads in drug case Updated: Dec-11-13 6:23 am
- Judge tosses some charges in BP supervisors' case Updated: Dec-10-13 5:40 pm
- Miss. utility regulators reject Entergy-ITC merger Updated: Dec-10-13 2:23 pm
- Consultant booked with scamming candidate Updated: Dec-10-13 10:37 am
- Court employee admits taking a bribe Updated: Dec-10-13 6:40 am
- After another home win, Saints seek road success Updated: Dec-09-13 7:39 pm
- Suit challenges state's 2nd Congressional District Updated: Dec-09-13 5:56 pm
- Jury hears from ex-cop charged in deadly shooting Updated: Dec-09-13 12:38 pm
- UNO instructor named 'Chef of the Year' Updated: Dec-09-13 6:59 am
- New Orleans complex sells for $54.5 million Updated: Dec-09-13 5:19 am
- State puts more money into incubator Updated: Dec-09-13 4:19 am
- 5 things to know after Saints paste Panthers 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:20 am
- Panthers' 8-game win streak ended by Saints 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 1:41 am
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 1:03 am
- Saints help NFL set single-day record for TDs Updated: Dec-08-13 10:41 pm
- RB Williams returns for Panthers vs. Saints Updated: Dec-08-13 7:54 pm
- N.O. man sues city over false arrest Updated: Dec-08-13 5:31 pm
- Carpenter sparks Nicholls St past Loyola, 87-62 Updated: Dec-07-13 7:07 pm
- Tulane plans riverfront research facility Updated: Dec-07-13 12:07 pm
- Feral hogs uproot sugar cane, rice fields, levees Updated: Dec-07-13 12:06 pm
- Durant leads Thunder over Pelicans, 109-95 Updated: Dec-07-13 12:20 am
- Pelicans G Evans rolls left ankle Updated: Dec-06-13 10:14 pm
- Gulf gets more restoration projects from BP fund Updated: Dec-06-13 6:55 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans songwriter, pianist and producer Allen Toussaint has been nominated for two Grammy awards and he is among several Louisiana artists who are up for one of the music industry's most coveted awards.
NEW ORLEANS - A federal jury will return for a second day of deliberations in the retrial of a former New Orleans police officer charged with fatally shooting a man outside a strip mall in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath.
NEW ORLEANS - A former New Orleans police officer accused of trying to sell cocaine has pleaded guilty in federal court.
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge agreed Tuesday to dismiss some of the manslaughter charges against two BP supervisors in the deaths of 11 workers when the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi utility regulators on Tuesday unanimously rejected a merger proposal by Entergy Corp. and ITC Holdings Corp., saying the deal could've meant a $300 million rate increase for Mississippi customers over 30 years.
KENNER, Louisiana - A New Orleans campaign consultant has been booked with theft in Kenner, accused of stealing thousands of dollars from lawyer Connie Montgomery during her run for a Jefferson Parish Juvenile Court judgeship earlier this year.
NEW ORLEANS - A former employee at Orleans Parish Criminal District Court has admitted that she accepted a $600 bribe in exchange for fixing a sentence for a criminal defendant.
METAIRIE, Louisiana - With their latest double-digit triumph over a playoff contender, the New Orleans Saints left little doubt about how tough they are to beat in the Superdome.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's 2nd Congressional District looks like a wind-ruffled ribbon that curls from the eastern shore of Lake Pontchartrain through New Orleans, then up the Mississippi River to northern Baton Rouge.
NEW ORLEANS - A former New Orleans police officer has testified at his retrial that he thought he saw a gun in the hand of the man he shot and fatally wounded outside a strip mall in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath.
NEW ORLEANS - University of New Orleans instructor Ricardo Fredricks has been named Chef of the Year by the New Orleans chapter of the American Culinary Federation.
NEW ORLEANS - A month after an Atlanta company bought the American Can complex in Mid-City, a Florida investment group has sealed the deal on another major apartment development in the same area.
NEW ORLEANS - A state legislative committee has approved $350,000 in additional funding for the small-business incubator at Southern University at New Orleans.
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees often makes the extraordinary look routine, particularly during night games in the Superdome.
NEW ORLEANS - Carolina's franchise-record eight-game winning streak came crashing down under the New Orleans Saints' home dominance.
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees saw his face on giant Superdome video boards, then nodded and smiled as a jubilant crowd applauded the star quarterback's latest milestone and the meaningful way in which he hit it.
NEW ORLEANS - The NFL set a single-day record for touchdowns when the New Orleans Saints scored three times in the first half of Sunday night's game against the Carolina Panthers.
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans has settled with a man who sued over his arrest by two police officers who quit amid allegations they falsely arrested him on a drug charge in 2011.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - T.J. Carpenter came off the bench to break an 11-11 tie with an eight-point outburst and spark Nicholls State to an 87-62 win over NAI Loyola-New Orleans Saturday.
NEW ORLEANS - Mardi Gras floats eventually will be replaced with coastal science research as plans for a new Tulane University riverfront campus in New Orleans move forward.
NEW ORLEANS - Across Louisiana, human beings aren't the only ones who live to eat. Feral hogs are proving to be stiff competition, as they snack on sugar cane in Lafourche and St. Mary parishes and devour the rice fields of Acadia Parish.
NEW ORLEANS - When Pelicans 7-footer Jason Smith stepped outside for the type of mid-range jumper he hits routinely, Oklahoma City's Serge Ibaka sprang out to the perimeter and blocked the shot.
NEW ORLEANS - Restoring the oil-stained Gulf of Mexico coastline is critical to the Obama administration's fight against climate change, U.S. Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said Friday.