- Correction: Bomb Materials-Arrest story Updated: Mar-05-14 1:40 pm
- A touch of artistry in Frankstown chambers Updated: Mar-03-14 12:19 pm
- PIAA Girls Basketball Tournament Updated: Mar-03-14 8:48 am
- Central Pa. officer fined in post-concert fracas Updated: Mar-02-14 2:01 pm
- Nurses ratify 3-year contract with UPMC Altoona Updated: Mar-01-14 12:16 pm
- Pa. man sentenced to 7 to 14 years in 1999 slaying Updated: Feb-28-14 7:49 pm
- Aggravated assault charges against inmate tossed Updated: Feb-21-14 11:43 am
JOHNSTOWN, Pennsylvania - In a story March 1 about a college student charged with making bombs in his Pennsylvania apartment, The Associated Press reported erroneously on the position held by Kim Gibson and the nature of his court ruling. Gibson is a U.S. district judge, not a federal magistrate judge. In deciding that the defendant should remain jailed until trial, he overruled the opinion of a U.S. magistrate judge; he did not reverse himself.
FRANKSTOWN, Pennsylvania - Mike Woodling of Williamsburg is willing to put his artistic touch on almost anything from a painted wheelbarrow to a motorcycle.
Matchups for the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association girls basketball tournament, beginning with first-round games on Friday. First number is district and place, second is season record.
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania police officer has pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was fined $1,000 for allegedly punching another man after a concert near Pittsburgh in September.
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Nurses at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's hospital in Altoona have ratified a three-year contract reached in talks that were scheduled after the nurses staged a one-day strike last month.
HUNTINGDON, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to seven to 14 years in prison in the 1999 slaying of his daughter-in-law.
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A judge has dismissed three of four aggravated assault charges against a death row inmate who sucker-punched his attorney in court.