- Police: Homeless man jailed for stiffing cabbie on $325 fare Updated: Nov-25-15 10:11 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A homeless man has been jailed in Pennsylvania on charges that he stiffed a cabbie out of a $325 fare for driving him nearly 140 miles from Harrisburg to Altoona.
- High court refusing to hear appeal of man accused in slaying Updated: Nov-20-15 2:46 pm
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - The state's highest court is not going to hear further appeals in the case of a man facing the death penalty in the slaying of a 26-year-old central Pennsylvania woman.
- Sheriff trying to figure out how hunter's rifle was lost Updated: Nov-19-15 10:04 am
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania sheriff is trying to figure out what happened to a man's hunting rifle that was seized under a temporary protection-from-abuse order earlier this year.
- Penn State-Altoona student charged with stealing bike twice Updated: Nov-16-15 11:53 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A Penn State-Altoona student has been charged with stealing the bicycle of another student - twice.
- Police: Homeless man with prosthetic legs kicked officer Updated: Nov-13-15 10:08 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A homeless man with prosthetic legs has been jailed on charges he kicked one police officer in the head and assaulted another during a disturbance at a central Pennsylvania convenience store.
- Jury convicts man of impersonating rogue narcotics officer Updated: Oct-30-15 3:28 pm
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man has been convicted of impersonating a narcotics officer to shake down a marijuana dealer in 2012.
- Several freight train cars derail in western Pennsylvania Updated: Oct-29-15 1:03 pm
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Authorities say several freight train cars derailed in western Pennsylvania, but no one was injured.