- Gale warning puts dampener on Cologne Carnival procession Updated: Feb-07-16 11:31 am
BERLIN - Organizers are banning horses, large puppets and flags during the main procession at this year's street Carnival in Cologne because of a gale warning.
- German prosecutors charge man with attempted murder of mayor Updated: Feb-02-16 11:13 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors have filed attempted murder charges against a 44-year-old man over allegations he stabbed Cologne's new mayor while she was on the campaign trail in October.
- Cologne pledges tight security for Carnival celebrations Updated: Feb-01-16 8:43 am
BERLIN - Cologne authorities say it's impossible to guarantee 100 percent security for the German city's famous Carnival celebrations starting this week, but security forces will be out in force to try to ensure people can enjoy the events without fear.
- Man sought for buying chemicals reports to German police Updated: Jan-27-16 5:26 am
BERLIN - Police in the German city of Cologne say a man being sought for buying chemicals that could be used to make a bomb has turned himself in.
- Anti-Islam Dutch lawmaker gains support amid migrant crisis Updated: Jan-23-16 12:06 pm
SPIJKENISSE, Netherlands - The Dutch debate on asylum-seekers has come to this: Firebrand lawmaker Geert Wilders handing out self-defense sprays to women fearful of what he describes as "Islamic testosterone bombs" in the wake of the New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Cologne.
- Merkel's migrant troubles flare but chancellor stands firm Updated: Jan-17-16 5:19 am
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel's migrant troubles have reignited in the new year but the German leader is sticking to her guns, insisting her country will manage the challenge and that diplomacy can bring solutions.