- Flood-control project almost done in Sioux Falls Updated: Mar-08-14 7:10 pm
- Former SD senator charged in illegal hunting case Updated: Mar-08-14 5:02 pm
- International group honors BIA's police chief Updated: Mar-08-14 12:29 pm
- New district ranger to be presented at Fort Pierre Updated: Mar-08-14 11:12 am
- Health officials give SD nursing homes 20 beds Updated: Mar-08-14 10:37 am
- Southeast Tech teaching military families car tips Updated: Mar-08-14 9:44 am
- Bond set at $1M for Yankton homicide suspect Updated: Mar-07-14 8:55 pm
- Trust gives $1M for Custer State Park project Updated: Mar-07-14 7:41 pm
- Sioux Falls woman indicted on federal drug charges Updated: Mar-07-14 7:04 pm
- SD development office faces new federal queries Updated: Mar-07-14 6:25 pm
- SD lawmakers look at economic development agency Updated: Mar-07-14 5:20 pm
- Health overhaul critics tread lightly on Medicaid Updated: Mar-07-14 5:19 pm
- SD men indicted in convenience store robbery case Updated: Mar-07-14 3:31 pm
- Mother and son die as results of late Feb. crash Updated: Mar-07-14 12:15 pm
- Yankton-area health care leader retiring Updated: Mar-07-14 11:50 am
- Major Black Hills jewelers announce purchase deal Updated: Mar-07-14 10:02 am
- Repeat of 2011 Missouri River flooding unlikely Updated: Mar-07-14 10:01 am
- SD murder convict says DNA test proves innocence Updated: Mar-07-14 7:26 am
- SD day care provider pleads guilty in child death Updated: Mar-07-14 7:17 am
- SD student appointed to Merchant Marine Academy Updated: Mar-07-14 5:23 am
- House panel kills 1 texting-driving ban, 1 remains Updated: Mar-06-14 5:41 pm
- Daugaard still hopes for partial Medicaid waiver Updated: Mar-06-14 4:51 pm
- Man gets 18 months in prison in sexual abuse case Updated: Mar-06-14 4:08 pm
- SD to begin using E15 in state-owned vehicles Updated: Mar-06-14 3:42 pm
- SD man gets 40 months in prison in assault case Updated: Mar-06-14 2:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls officials can almost see the finish line in a flood-control upgrade project that has lasted nearly 15 years. But the work construction crews are completing in the city's west side was not part of the original project.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former state senator is facing a misdemeanor charge after illegally killing a mountain lion that was caught in a bobcat trap in western South Dakota.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The police chief of the Bureau of Indian Affairs on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation has been named the 2013 Indian Country Officer of Year by the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
FORT PIERRE, South Dakota - The Fort Pierre Ranger District has scheduled a public gathering to formally introduce its new district ranger.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Department of Health has awarded 20 additional beds to nursing facilities in western South Dakota.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux Falls is holding a basic maintenance and car care seminar for families of recently deployed military personnel.
YANKTON, South Dakota - Authorities say a Yankton man has been charged with second-degree homicide as murder in connection with his uncle's death.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A $1 million grant from a charitable trust will be used to build a new visitors center and theater at a state park in southwest South Dakota.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A federal indictment unsealed Friday in eastern South Dakota accuses the girlfriend of a Sioux Falls man killed in December with conspiring to sell more than 220 pounds of marijuana.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The head of South Dakota's economic development agency says his office is dealing with new inquiries from three federal agencies.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Allegations of misconduct in the state's economic development agency focus only on a former employee, the head of the agency told state lawmakers Friday.
WASHINGTON - Sen. John Thune and Rep. Kristi Noem are two of the federal health overhaul's most consistent critics. But the South Dakota Republicans take a more measured approach to a key provision of the law in their own state.
HURON, South Dakota - Two eastern South Dakota men accused of staging an armed robbery at a convenience store have been indicted.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A mother and her young son have died as the result of a two-vehicle crash late last month in Gregory County in southeastern South Dakota.
YANKTON, South Dakota - The longtime president and CEO of Avera Sacred Heart Hospital in Yankton is retiring.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City-based jeweler with dozens of stores in the Midwest is buying a company that has been making Black Hills gold jewelry for 136 years.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The mountain snowpack in the Missouri River's upper basin is close to levels seen before devastating 2011 flooding along the river, but a repeat this year isn't likely, an Army Corps of Engineers official said.
ARMOUR, South Dakota - A man convicted of a 1985 murder in South Dakota has been ruled out as the source of two hair samples taken from the victim, but it's uncertain if that's enough to clear him.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A former Sioux Falls day care provider has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor child neglect in the case of an infant who died in her home.
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A southeast South Dakota student has been appointed to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in New York.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota lawmakers are waging a battle over two proposals to ban texting while driving, with the issue of local control emerging as a deciding factor.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard said Thursday he still hopes federal officials will eventually decide to let the state expand its Medicaid program in a way that would provide medical services to fewer poor people than envisioned in the federal health overhaul.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Federal authorities say a southern South Dakota man accused of sexually abusing a minor has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Part of the state's vehicle fleet will begin using a blend of gasoline and ethanol as fuel.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Federal authorities say a central South Dakota man has been sentenced to 40 months in prison for an assault conviction.