- Hartford government again in turmoil, with new resignations Updated: May-04-16 7:16 am
HARTFORD, South Dakota - What was supposed to be a new era for city government in Hartford has instead begun with more disorder.
- Police arrest suspect in Prince graffiti case in Aberdeen Updated: May-04-16 6:50 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Aberdeen police have made an arrest in a vandalism case that included spray-painted tags commemorating Prince.
- Homeland security conference kicks off in Sioux Falls Updated: May-03-16 7:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The state Department of Public Safety says a homeland security conference covering preparedness, prevention and response has kicked off in Sioux Falls.
- 7 pound, 3 ounce smallmouth bass sets South Dakota record Updated: May-03-16 7:17 pm
WEBSTER, South Dakota - A smallmouth bass pulled from Horseshoe Lake in northeastern South Dakota last month is a state record.
- Funding could make South Dakota Medicaid expansion easier Updated: May-03-16 6:47 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's ability to expand Medicaid under Gov. Dennis Daugaard's conditions got a boost from federal policy changes that could help the state cover the costs of expansion, a top adviser to the governor said.
- Week of snow and rain hampers fieldwork in South Dakota Updated: May-03-16 11:36 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Snow and rain in South Dakota over the past week has hampered spring fieldwork.
- Brother owners of Aberdeen mortuary facing drug charges Updated: May-03-16 9:14 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The owners of a mortuary business in Aberdeen are facing drug charges.
- Mitchell's newly renovated Corn Palace has lighting problems Updated: May-03-16 9:13 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - City officials in Mitchell aren't happy with the Corn Palace's outdoor lighting following a $4.7 million renovation, saying it doesn't adequately showcase the tourist attraction's domes and corn murals at night.
- Juvenile fleeing police in stolen car crashes into church Updated: May-03-16 8:35 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City church was damaged when a juvenile driver fleeing police crashed into the building.
- Man accused of killing 2 in Faith pleads not guilty Updated: May-03-16 2:10 am
STURGIS, South Dakota - A man accused of fatally shooting an ex-girlfriend and a friend in the small town of Faith has pleaded not guilty.
- DOJ: South Dakota long-term care system violates federal law Updated: May-02-16 11:18 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's unnecessary reliance on nursing facilities to serve people with disabilities isolates those residents from their communities and violates federal law, according to the findings of a U.S. Department of Justice investigation released Monday.
- Election signs banned in South Dakota highway rights of way Updated: May-02-16 9:15 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota transportation authorities are reminding people that political campaign signs cannot be placed in the right of way along state highways.
- Daugaard names May 'Noxious Weed Control Awareness Month' Updated: May-02-16 9:14 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says May is "Noxious Weed Control Awareness Month" in South Dakota.
- Fireworks likely source of Mount Rushmore water pollution Updated: May-02-16 9:03 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Past fireworks displays at Mount Rushmore National Memorial are the likely source of a pollutant found in water within the site in western South Dakota, according to a government report released Monday.
- Bond set at $1M for Madison man accused of killing fiancÃ©e Updated: May-02-16 4:46 pm
MADISON, South Dakota - A judge has set a $1 million cash-only bond for a South Dakota man accused of killing his fiancÃ©e.
- Authorities identify victims of weekend car crash near Nemo Updated: May-02-16 4:01 pm
NEMO, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities have released the names of two men who died in a one-vehicle crash Sunday in western South Dakota.
- Police: Vandal causes $400K in damage at construction site Updated: May-02-16 2:08 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Police in Sioux Falls are looking for the vandal who damaged construction equipment overnight to the tune of $400,000.
- Trial date set in killing of Roslyn man late last year Updated: May-02-16 12:30 pm
WEBSTER, South Dakota - A man accused of fatally shooting another man in his Roslyn home is set for trial late this month.
- Daugaard orders flags at half-staff to honor Mehlhaff Updated: May-02-16 10:26 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard ordered flags to fly at half-staff at the state Capitol on Monday in honor of former state Rep. Dean Mehlhaff.
- Pleas entered in meth-smuggling case at state women's prison Updated: May-02-16 8:21 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - An inmate at the South Dakota women's prison has been sentenced on methamphetamine-related charges and seven others in the case have entered pleas.
- Meade County commissioner faces charges in private dispute Updated: May-02-16 7:49 am
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - A Meade County commissioner is facing criminal charges stemming from a dispute over payment for a private job contract.
- DUI suspect accused of ramming Sioux Falls police squad car Updated: May-02-16 6:49 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police say a drunken driving suspect intentionally rammed a patrol car before being arrested.
- 4 plead not guilty to methamphetamine conspiracy charges Updated: May-02-16 12:10 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Two men and two women accused by authorities of being involved in a meth ring have pleaded not guilty to drug conspiracy charges.
- 2 reservation hospitals agree to quality-of-care changes Updated: May-01-16 7:50 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Two government-run hospitals on Native American reservations in South Dakota will keep receiving crucial federal funding after agreeing to undertake significant measures to improve the quality of care provided to patients.
- Registration for 3-day Archaeology Camp opens Monday Updated: May-01-16 4:46 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Registration for the South Dakota State Historical Society's three-day Archaeology Camp opens Monday.