- Opposing sides face off at Keystone XL pipeline hearing Updated: Jul-27-15 7:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Opposing sides in the debate over the Keystone XL oil pipeline faced off on Monday in front of the state regulatory panel that is considering for the second time in just over five years whether to approve the construction of the South Dakota portion of the long-delayed project.
- Authorities identify woman who drowned in South Dakota lake Updated: Jul-27-15 6:28 pm
MADISON, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in eastern South Dakota have identified the 25-year-old woman who drowned in Lake Madison over the weekend.
- CDC studying USD building that's source of health complaints Updated: Jul-27-15 5:47 pm
- Vegetation at SD park being changed in cost-cutting move Updated: Jul-27-15 5:01 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The vegetation at a park in South Dakota's capital is being changed in a move that officials say could save the state thousands of dollars.
- Madison to be honorary Capital for a Day on Aug. 19 Updated: Jul-27-15 11:34 am
MADISON, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has chosen Madison to be the state's honorary Capital for a Day on Aug. 19.
- $14M upgrade progressing at Northern State fine arts center Updated: Jul-27-15 8:31 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Crews have gutted the Johnson Fine Arts Center at Northern State University as they prepare the facility for a long-anticipated $14 million upgrade.
- SD DOT: Pavement repairs set to begin on I-229 this week Updated: Jul-27-15 2:16 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is starting road repairs in Sioux Falls on I-229 heading south between the Benson Road interchange and the Louise Avenue interchange.
- Drowning victim's body recovered on Rosebud reservation Updated: Jul-26-15 5:29 pm
ROSEBUD INDIAN RESERVATION, South Dakota - Authorities have recovered the body of a man who drowned on the Rosebud Indian Reservation.
- Officials consider restarting South Dakota homeless council Updated: Jul-26-15 12:49 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota officials are deciding whether to revive a state council that focused on coordinating services for the homeless.
- Rapid City Council ponders required soil tests for new homes Updated: Jul-26-15 12:13 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Contractors building homes in Rapid City could soon be required to test soil conditions at building sites after homeowners complained of severe damage caused by expansive soils.
- SD man gets 11 months in prison for spitting at officer Updated: Jul-26-15 10:13 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A central South Dakota man will be spending 11 months in prison for spitting at a law enforcement officer.
- SD Civil Air Patrol cadet attending national training camp Updated: Jul-26-15 9:08 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Civil Air Patrol cadet from South Dakota is attending a prestigious national training camp at an Air Force Base in Alabama.
- Tornado watch issued for much of central South Dakota Updated: Jul-25-15 6:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A tornado watch has been issued for much of central South Dakota until 11 p.m.
- Century-old catholic school in central SD set to be razed Updated: Jul-25-15 5:19 pm
POLO, South Dakota - Parishioners in the unincorporated community of Polo have asked Catholic church officials for permission to raze a historic church and school complex that was built in a Spanish Mission-style more than a century ago.
- SD man sentenced for rape, sexual contact with young girls Updated: Jul-24-15 6:51 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man who was convicted of rape for having sexual contact with young girls has been sentenced to 10 months in jail.
- Lincoln County authorities find missing Harrisburg woman Updated: Jul-24-15 6:50 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities in southeastern South Dakota say they've located 51-year-old woman who was reported missing.
- Finding money for highways is becoming a bipartisan project Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - As Congress considers a long-awaited transportation funding bill, some Republican governors as well as Democrats say they aren't waiting to raise or borrow money to fix or build roads, bridges and highways.
- Aberdeen man accused in fatal assault pleads not guilty Updated: Jul-24-15 4:40 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An Aberdeen man accused of fatally assaulting another man has pleaded not guilty to manslaughter charges.
- Collector asks judge to declare him owner of Elvis' guitar Updated: Jul-24-15 2:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A collector claiming to be the rightful owner of a guitar played by Elvis Presley and later donated by a blues guitarist to a South Dakota museum has asked a federal judge to rule in his favor.
- Educators reach tentative contract agreement in Rapid City Updated: Jul-24-15 1:40 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Educators and the school board in Rapid City have reached a tentative agreement for a new contract for teachers in the upcoming school year.
- Weather service reports 2 tornado touchdowns in eastern SD Updated: Jul-24-15 8:56 am
HURON, South Dakota - The National Weather Service says at least two tornadoes touched down in eastern South Dakota.
- Police chief: Fire at Box Elder church may have been arson Updated: Jul-24-15 7:10 am
BOX ELDER, South Dakota - Authorities say a fire at a Box Elder church may have been arson.
- SD man accused of sexually abusing woman on rez indicted Updated: Jul-24-15 2:34 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A South Dakota man who federal authorities accuse of sexually abusing a woman three times on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has been indicted.
- SD woman who fled after crash injured 5 gets 2 years Updated: Jul-23-15 7:16 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota woman who admitted to fleeing after she caused a car crash that injured five people in Sioux Falls has been sentenced to two years in prison.
- Capital One closing Sioux Falls office; 750 people affected Updated: Jul-23-15 6:01 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Capital One is pulling its offices out of Sioux Falls, affecting about 750 South Dakota residents it employs here, the Virginia-based credit card company announced Thursday.