- Bird Flu found at Moody County turkey farm of 50,000 birds Updated: May-29-15 6:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Another turkey farm in South Dakota has tested positive for bird flu.
- Man accused of defrauding science foundation gets probation Updated: May-29-15 4:43 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A western South Dakota man convicted of creating a phony research company to bilk the National Science Foundation out of $100,000 won't have to spend time in prison but has been ordered to repay the money.
- Indictment: Lemmon woman provided rifle in manslaughter case Updated: May-29-15 4:35 pm
BISON, South Dakota - A woman provided the semi-automatic rifle that her common-law husband used to shoot and kill a man in their northwestern South Dakota home, a grand jury indictment filed this week alleged.
- SD man sentenced to life for recruiting others to sell meth Updated: May-29-15 3:01 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A western South Dakota man convicted of recruiting others to distribute methamphetamine in the state has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Milwaukee man charged in SD with human trafficking, pimping Updated: May-29-15 1:06 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Milwaukee man has been charged with human trafficking for allegedly holding a Sioux Falls woman against her will.
- Judge: Man accused of harassing kids at game won't get jail Updated: May-29-15 8:35 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has taken the possibility of jail time off the table for a Philip man accused of subjecting American Indian children to racial slurs and spraying them with beer at a minor league hockey game in Rapid City.
- Aberdeen man pleads not guilty to murder in stabbing death Updated: May-29-15 7:22 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An Aberdeen man charged in a fatal January stabbing has pleaded not guilty.
- SD parks to begin accepting Labor Day weekend reservations Updated: May-29-15 6:18 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota state parks this month will begin accepting camping reservations for Labor Day weekend.
- SD Supreme Court sides with panhandler in stop, frisk case Updated: May-28-15 6:18 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court has reversed the conviction of a panhandler who argued a police officer had no reasonable suspicion to stop and frisk him.
- Bosworth to appeal conviction for election law violations Updated: May-28-15 5:48 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth plans to appeal to the state Supreme court over her conviction for election law violations, her attorney said Thursday.
- Federal commission asked to review proposed uranium mine Updated: May-28-15 11:14 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A company that wants to mine uranium in western South Dakota and opponents of the plan have asked the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to review a federal board's mixed decision last month.
- Rapid City man allegedly admitted to killing cousin Updated: May-28-15 8:57 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A suspect in a fatal shooting in Rapid City allegedly told police he fired his gun after being threatened.
- North Carolina murder suspect arrested in South Dakota Updated: May-28-15 7:53 am
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - A suspect in a North Carolina homicide has been apprehended in South Dakota.
- Aberdeen man shot by child while target shooting, dies Updated: May-28-15 7:42 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An Aberdeen man died after being shot by a child while target shooting with friends.
- Sioux Falls adds pet waste stations in effort to clean river Updated: May-28-15 4:26 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls has recently installed pet waste pickup stations in parks and along a bike trail as it tries to clean up the Big Sioux River.
- Jury convicts ex-US Senate hopeful of violating election law Updated: May-28-15 12:08 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota jury on Wednesday convicted former U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth of election law violations.
- Pennington County gets grant to plan alternatives to jail Updated: May-27-15 8:44 pm
A jail in Pennington County in western South Dakota is one of 20 across the nation selected to receive $150,000 each from a national nonprofit to come up with a plan to reduce the number of people behind bars while awaiting trial or serving short sentences.
- Herrick man dies in 2-vehicle crash at rural intersection Updated: May-27-15 12:12 pm
HERRICK, South Dakota - A Herrick man is dead in a two-vehicle crash near the southeastern South Dakota town.
- Vermillion voters to decide day care, beer cost questions Updated: May-27-15 11:27 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Voters in Vermillion next month will decide whether private, in-home day cares need to be certified by the city.
- Officials warn of high, fast creek water in Rapid City area Updated: May-27-15 8:31 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in the Rapid City area are warning of high creek levels and fast-moving currents as releases from Pactola Reservoir increase.
- Rain boosts soil moisture, hampers planting in South Dakota Updated: May-27-15 8:11 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Rain over the past week in South Dakota boosted soil moisture but hampered the planting of crops.
- 10-year-old boy dies in crash of car driven by brother Updated: May-27-15 7:34 am
LAKE NORDEN, South Dakota - A one-vehicle crash west of Lake Norden killed a 10-year-old boy from Bryant.
- Rapid City woman claims $30,000 third prize in Powerball Updated: May-27-15 6:20 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City woman has claimed a $30,000 Powerball prize.
- Parts of Delmont to be closed for tornado debris removal Updated: May-26-15 7:38 pm
DELMONT, South Dakota - Parts of Delmont will be closed to vehicle and foot traffic for two days this week as crews use heavy equipment and trailers to haul debris from the tornado that hit the town earlier this month.
- Northern SD city breaks century-old precipitation record Updated: May-26-15 5:20 pm
MOBRIDGE, South Dakota - The northern South Dakota city of Mobridge has broken a century-old precipitation record.