- Rapid City officials deny request to keep goats for therapy Updated: Jul-07-15 6:38 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The City Council in Rapid City has denied a couple's appeal to keep two pygmy fainting goats as therapy animals.
- State education task force meeting to discuss school funding Updated: Jul-07-15 2:43 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Teachers and Students is meeting to discuss problems in South Dakota's education system.
- South Dakota regulators hold hearing on Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Jul-06-15 10:42 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota residents were split Monday over the merits of allowing the Keystone XL oil pipeline through the state, with some telling regulators the project would be an economic engine but others calling it a grave threat to the environment.
- SD man charged in fatal stabbing on Indian Reservation Updated: Jul-06-15 7:28 pm
EAGLE BUTTE, South Dakota - A South Dakota man has been charged with first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of a man on the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation.
- Female inmate at Brown County jail dies in hospital Updated: Jul-06-15 6:20 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Authorities say a female prisoner who was found unconscious and not breathing in a Brown County holding cell died at a local hospital.
- SD Highway Patrol offering $3K bonus to some who join force Updated: Jul-06-15 4:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol is offering a $3,000 bonus to current certified law enforcement officers who choose to become troopers.
- South Dakota man, 101, competes in National Senior Games Updated: Jul-06-15 4:03 pm
HIGHMORE, South Dakota - A South Dakota centenarian taking part in this year's National Senior Games is playing to win.
- South Dakota's 'Christmas Tree Lady' Dorothy Howe dies at 86 Updated: Jul-06-15 11:05 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A woman who started the South Dakota tradition of bringing Christmas trees to the state Capitol in Pierre has died.
- Suspect in 2 Sioux Falls store robberies leaves gun behind Updated: Jul-06-15 8:38 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police are searching for a suspect in two armed robberies.
- Driver dies in rollover crash in southeast South Dakota Updated: Jul-06-15 5:28 am
LENNOX, South Dakota - Authorities say a 62-year-old man has died in a one-vehicle rollover crash in southeastern South Dakota that also seriously injured a passenger.
- Charges pending in rollover that killed Spearfish woman Updated: Jul-05-15 5:43 pm
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - Authorities say charges are pending in a rollover crash that killed a Spearfish woman.
- Funding in trouble for rural libraries in Pennington County Updated: Jul-05-15 11:37 am
WALL, South Dakota - Rural libraries in western South Dakota's Pennington County could see a major cut to their funding, a move that would force them to reduce program or service hours.
- Now playing: Harpsichord of Columbus' era sounds again Updated: Jul-05-15 11:23 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A harpsichord that entertained the elites of Italy in the mid-1500s has been restored by a South Dakota museum and will soon bring its sound to 21st-century ears.
- Mental health calls jump 35 percent for Aberdeen police Updated: Jul-05-15 10:19 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An annual report from the Aberdeen Police Department shows officers responded to 35 percent more mental health calls in 2014 compared to the previous year.
- SD Historical Society publishes biography on Red Cloud Updated: Jul-05-15 9:13 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society has a new book out and it focuses on the only Native American leader who defeated the U.S. Army in a war.
- Highway Patrol: Arlington woman dies in one-car crash Updated: Jul-04-15 6:40 pm
ARLINGTON, South Dakota - Authorities say a 71-year-old woman from eastern South Dakota who crashed her car Friday night died because of a medical issue and not the crash itself.
- Rapid City woman credited with helping catch mail thief Updated: Jul-04-15 5:55 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City woman robbed of her mail is being credited with helping to catch a United States Postal Service employee who allegedly stole money, gift cards and other mail while working.
- Court agrees with sentence, conviction of Sioux Falls broker Updated: Jul-04-15 5:10 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A federal appeals court this week agreed with conviction and prison sentence of a Sioux Falls broker accused of scamming more than 100 investors for over $20 million.
- Attorney asks appeals court to affirm gay marriage ruling Updated: Jul-04-15 2:14 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The attorney representing six same-sex couples in South Dakota has formally asked an appeals court to affirm a judge's ruling that declared the state's ban on gay marriages is unconstitutional.
- Man gets probation for taking Native American artifacts Updated: Jul-04-15 1:41 pm
MOBRIDGE, South Dakota - A Mobridge man has been sentenced to one year of probation for illegally taking Native American artifacts from public lands.
- Brookings man, 60, dies in 2-vehicle crash on Interstate 29 Updated: Jul-04-15 10:40 am
BALTIC, South Dakota - Authorities say a Brookings man died Friday afternoon after he was rear-ended on Interstate 29 near Baltic.
- Rapid City community garden working to save monarchs Updated: Jul-03-15 6:34 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A community garden in Rapid City is working with an international nonprofit organization to help preserve the monarch butterfly.
- Jackley, other AGs send religious liberty letter to Congress Updated: Jul-03-15 6:06 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - As same-sex couples begin to marry in South Dakota, Attorney General Marty Jackley wants to make sure the religious liberties of citizens who object to gay marriages are protected, the state's top law enforcement official said.
- Suspicious package found in Rapid City turns out to be hoax Updated: Jul-03-15 4:42 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in western South Dakota say a suspicious package found Thursday night turned out to be a hoax.
- Police say Mobridge woman's child fell from 3-story window Updated: Jul-03-15 12:41 pm
MOBRIDGE, South Dakota - A Mobridge woman whose 2-year-old child allegedly fell from a three-story window has been charged with felony child abuse.