- Investment firm wins auction for SD beef plant Updated: Dec-05-13 4:15 pm
- SD university sports arena projects clear hurdle Updated: Dec-05-13 11:54 am
- SD leaders boost partnership with Suriname Updated: Dec-05-13 11:53 am
- Extreme cold blankets Dakotas after days of snow Updated: Dec-05-13 10:46 am
- Aberdeen lawyer to be appointed SD circuit judge Updated: Dec-05-13 5:28 am
- AG warns of scams targeting Green Dot MoneyPak Updated: Dec-05-13 5:19 am
- South Dakota State defeats Dakota State 88-62 Updated: Dec-04-13 11:42 pm
- SD panel recommends keeping 'Negro' in place names Updated: Dec-04-13 7:16 pm
- Bond ordered for Sioux Falls accessory suspects Updated: Dec-04-13 6:22 pm
- Brandon Valley voters approve $6 million school Updated: Dec-04-13 9:08 am
- Officials probe cause of fire at Spearfish sawmill Updated: Dec-04-13 8:11 am
- High Court overturns ruling in SD teen homicide Updated: Dec-04-13 7:41 am
- School group appreciates governor's budget plan Updated: Dec-04-13 5:29 am
- Daugaard proposes spending boosts for schools Updated: Dec-03-13 8:45 pm
- Death penalty ruled out in SD homicide case Updated: Dec-03-13 5:58 pm
- SD governor proposes university tuition freeze Updated: Dec-03-13 4:37 pm
- SD hunger relief organization gets $1M donation Updated: Dec-03-13 11:10 am
- SD school boards group supports daily pledge Updated: Dec-03-13 8:59 am
- Canton, Parkston dominate 11B All-State Updated: Dec-03-13 1:06 am
- South Dakota outlasts Utah Valley 71-67 Updated: Dec-02-13 10:17 pm
- City transfers ownership of Spearfish golf course Updated: Dec-02-13 5:38 pm
- Democratic lawmaker wants forensic audit of EB-5 Updated: Dec-02-13 5:25 pm
- Wisconsin serial killer dies in South Dakota Updated: Dec-02-13 3:39 pm
- Woman killed when car strikes bull on highway Updated: Dec-02-13 1:38 pm
- Eastern Washington hosts SDSU in FCS 2nd round Updated: Dec-02-13 12:47 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A San Francisco-based investment banking firm on Thursday submitted the winning $44.3 million credit-and-cash bid for an idled South Dakota plant during a bankruptcy court auction in Sioux Falls.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota's Board of Regents has approved a new football stadium at South Dakota State University and a new basketball/volleyball arena at the University of South Dakota, the last hurdle before legislative approval.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Leaders from the South Dakota governor's office and the state National Guard say a recent visit to Suriname helped strengthen ties between the state and the South American country.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Some organizations in the Dakotas are canceling holiday events as bitter cold settles over the region, and one city has concluded it's even too cold for ice skating.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says he will appoint Aberdeen lawyer Rick Sommers to be a state circuit judge in an area covering northeastern and north-central South Dakota.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley is warning South Dakota consumers of the scams surrounding the use of Green Dot MoneyPak cards.
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - Cody Larson scored a game-high 17 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as South Dakota State won easily over Dakota State of the NAIA, 88-62 Wednesday night.
PIERRE, South Dakota - At the request of black leaders, the South Dakota panel responsible for getting rid of offensive geographic names decided Wednesday to seek changes to a state law that requires the renaming of places that use the word "Negro."
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A judge has ordered $250,000 bond for two 20-year-old Dell Rapids men accused of helping to plan a robbery that left a Sioux Falls man dead.
BRANDON, South Dakota - Voters in the Brandon Valley School District in southeastern South Dakota have approved a new school to house fifth- and sixth-graders.
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - Officials are investigating the cause of a fire at the Spearfish Forest Products sawmill.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court has overturned a ruling by a circuit court judge that a Pierre teenager accused of murder should be tried as an adult.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The head of an association representing South Dakota's school boards says Gov. Dennis Daugaard's proposed increase in state aid to schools is a step in the right direction, but school officials hope the Legislature will give school districts even more money.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard on Tuesday proposed a $4.3 billion state budget that would use a windfall in unclaimed property payments to give bigger-than-expected spending increases for schools, health care for poor people and pay raises for state employees.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and her unborn child will not face the prospect of the death penalty if he is convicted.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard's proposed state budget would freeze tuition next year for resident students at South Dakota's six state universities.
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - A Brookings businessman has donated $1 million to help Feeding South Dakota expand services and facilities.
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The Associated School Boards of South Dakota is supporting the daily recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance by students at all grade levels.
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Canton and Parkston proved to be the best teams in Class 11B this season, both having a mixture of talent.
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Brandon Bos scored 15 points, including four free throws in the last 11 seconds, to lead South Dakota past Utah Valley 71-67 Monday night.
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The city of Spearfish has transferred ownership of Elkhorn Ridge Golf Course.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Democratic state lawmaker wants the Legislature to schedule a special session to authorize an independent forensic audit of South Dakota's participation in a federal investment-for-green-cards immigration program.
MILWAUKEE - A man suspected of killing seven women in Milwaukee over a 21-year-period has died in South Dakota, where he was serving a life prison sentence.
PARKSTON, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol says a 33-year-old Parkston woman died after the car she was driving struck a bull on a state highway 16 miles east of Parkston.
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota State University will travel to Eastern Washington for a second-round matchup Saturday in the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.