- South Dakota board reverses, votes to keep Harney Peak name Updated: Jun-29-15 8:35 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Harney Peak should keep the name of an army general whose soldiers in the 1850s killed Native Americans, a state board voted Monday in a reversal, even though some Indians may find the peak's name offensive.
- Outreach center for veterans in Sioux Falls to close Updated: Jun-29-15 7:30 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A center that offers hot meals and other services to homeless and formerly homeless veterans in Sioux Falls will close in August.
- Man seriously injured after jumping off cliff at Hippie Hole Updated: Jun-29-15 6:52 pm
ROCKERVILLE, South Dakota - A man seriously injured a leg and foot after jumping off a cliff at a popular swimming area in western South Dakota and failing to clear the rocks below.
- Same-sex couples in SD can now change driver's license names Updated: Jun-29-15 2:59 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Same-sex couples in South Dakota can now use a marriage certificate and a number of other documents to change a name on a South Dakota-issued driver's license.
- Activists deliver papers to block election law, youth wage Updated: Jun-29-15 2:19 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Activists attempting to block two state laws from going into effect have turned in signatures collected from thousands of South Dakotans to refer the measures to the voters in the 2016 election.
- Weekend storms cause damage throughout Davison County Updated: Jun-29-15 12:14 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Weekend storms left pockets of damage across Davison County in southeastern South Dakota.
- Mega Millions ticket sold in Spearfish worth $25,000 Updated: Jun-29-15 11:05 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A Mega Millions ticket sold in Spearfish is worth $25,000 in the latest drawing.
- Mitchell man getting chance to race against NASCAR drivers Updated: Jun-29-15 9:03 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A Mitchell man is getting a chance to race against some big-name NASCAR drivers, including his racing idol: four-time champion Jeff Gordon.
- 9-year-old girl drowns while swimming in Missouri River Updated: Jun-29-15 8:12 am
GLENHAM, South Dakota - Authorities say a 9-year-old girl has drowned while swimming in the Missouri River in northern South Dakota.
- Nearly 125 cyclists take part in Tour de Oahe bicycle ride Updated: Jun-29-15 6:57 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Nearly 125 cyclists from eight states took part in the fifth annual Tour de Oahe bicycle ride in the Pierre area over the weekend.
- Family farm among South Dakota's 1st to have monoslope barn Updated: Jun-28-15 1:57 pm
ALEXANDRIA, South Dakota - The owner of one of South Dakota's first monoslope-style cattle barns says it makes his cows happier and more productive.
- County official finds lessons in Delmont tornado aftermath Updated: Jun-28-15 1:44 pm
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - While observing the aftermath of a tornado in the community of Delmont, the emergency manager of Brookings County picked up some lessons on how to deal with natural disasters.
- SD camping resort, Calif. man fined $250K for illegal dam Updated: Jun-28-15 1:37 pm
STURGIS, South Dakota - A popular Sturgis camping resort and a California man have been sentenced to four years of probation and fined $250,000 for illegally building a dam along Bear Butte Creek.
- NSF-funded research at Mines to focus on ballistics, weather Updated: Jun-28-15 11:26 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Undergraduate students from across the country are gathering at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology this summer to study ballistics and other topics thanks to funding from the National Science Foundation.
- Civil Air Patrol looks for candidates of Congressional medal Updated: Jun-28-15 10:53 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Wing of the Civil Air Patrol is looking for qualifying applicants to receive the Congressional Gold Medal.
- Aberdeen woman gets new trial in child sexual abuse case Updated: Jun-27-15 11:08 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A judge has ordered a new trial for an Aberdeen woman who had been convicted on three counts of sexual contact with a minor.
- Sioux Falls motorcyclist killed in crash after police chase Updated: Jun-27-15 10:49 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities say a 33-year-old Sioux Falls man died in a motorcycle crash following a police chase.
- South Dakota inmates escape from minimum-security unit Updated: Jun-27-15 10:37 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities are searching for two inmates who escaped from the state penitentiary in Sioux Falls.
- Rapid City man charged with rape, abuse in infant death Updated: Jun-27-15 10:06 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities say a 26-year-old Rapid City man was arrested after an infant died of undisclosed injuries at a local hospital.
- Sale of fireworks in South Dakota is legal starting Saturday Updated: Jun-27-15 2:34 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Fire officials in South Dakota are urging safety ahead of the July 4 holiday.
- Fire marshal: Be careful lighting fireworks for July Fourth Updated: Jun-27-15 2:09 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - State Fire Marshal Paul Merriman is reminding people celebrating the Fourth of July holiday to be careful when they're shooting off legal fireworks.
- Man dies after motorcycle, semi-truck collide on I-29 Updated: Jun-26-15 7:36 pm
BERESFORD, South Dakota - A 59-year-old man is dead after the motorcycle he was driving was clipped by a semi-truck on Interstate 29 in South Dakota during a period of heavy rain.
- In South Dakota, gay marriages quickly commence Updated: Jun-26-15 7:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Gay South Dakotans exulted Friday as the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples in America have the constitutional right to marry and county officials across the state began issuing marriage licenses to all.
- Wildlife officials find rusty crayfish in SD waters Updated: Jun-26-15 5:58 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - State wildlife officials have discovered a new aquatic invasive species in South Dakota waters.
- Minnesota to face Oklahoma State in South Dakota Updated: Jun-26-15 5:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota will play Oklahoma State in a neutral-site nonconference game in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, this season.