- Coalition created by Daugaard meeting on Medicaid expansion Updated: Oct-07-15 10:09 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A coalition established by Gov. Dennis Daugaard is exploring the expansion of Medicaid in South Dakota.
- South Dakota State Fair attendance up slightly over 2014 Updated: Oct-07-15 8:56 am
HURON, South Dakota - Attendance at this year's South Dakota State Fair was up slightly from 2014, pleasing organizers.
- Student accused of rape sues Augustana over discipline Updated: Oct-07-15 8:36 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - An Augustana University student accused of rape has filed a lawsuit against the Sioux Falls school, claiming it's violating his rights by moving to expel him before he's had a chance to defend himself in court.
- Prosecutors won't seek death penalty in 2 killings Updated: Oct-07-15 7:19 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Prosecutors say they will not seek the death penalty in two western South Dakota killings should the suspects be convicted.
- School of Mines hosting demography conference Updated: Oct-07-15 2:16 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is hosting a demography conference this week.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder's memoir wins Midwest Booksellers award Updated: Oct-07-15 2:15 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The autobiography of prairie author Laura Ingalls Wilder is being recognized by booksellers in the Midwest.
- Authorities looking for person who pointed laser at aircraft Updated: Oct-06-15 7:35 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Police in Mitchell are looking for the person who has pointed a green laser at an aircraft and officers.
- Fishermen find body of Sioux Falls man in Oakwood Lake Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
BRUCE, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in eastern South Dakota say two fishermen found the body of a Sioux Falls man in Oakwood Lake.
- Police: Man stole bulldozer, used it to damage building Updated: Oct-06-15 6:24 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Colorado man is in custody in South Dakota after law enforcement authorities accused him of stealing a bulldozer and using it to damage a building and destroy a pickup truck.
- State waiting on word from feds about GEAR UP program future Updated: Oct-06-15 5:44 pm
FLANDREAU, South Dakota - South Dakota is waiting for word from the U.S. Department of Education about the future of a Native American college-readiness program that's under scrutiny in part due to an investigation into an apparent murder-suicide, state Education Secretary Melody Schopp said Tuesday.
- Former Rapid City mayor takes new job in home state of Iowa Updated: Oct-06-15 10:45 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Former Rapid City mayor Sam Kooiker (KWAY'-kur) is taking a new job in his home state of Iowa.
- Winter wheat harvest in South Dakota ahead of average pace Updated: Oct-06-15 9:54 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The planting of winter wheat in South Dakota continues to progress ahead of the average pace.
- Rapid City Council approves longer mayoral, council terms Updated: Oct-06-15 9:38 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The Rapid City Council has approved longer office terms for future mayors and council members, though opponents hope the matter will be decided by a public vote.
- Nonresident waterfowl licenses to stay same in South Dakota Updated: Oct-06-15 9:15 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Game, Fish and Parks Commission has once again declined to increase licenses for nonresident waterfowl hunters.
- Longtime Aberdeen hotel closing, affecting nearly 60 workers Updated: Oct-06-15 8:36 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A longtime hotel in Aberdeen is closing after more than five decades in business.
- Stolen giant pumpkin returned to South Dakota grower Updated: Oct-06-15 8:25 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A 100-pound pumpkin that was brazenly stolen from the yard of a South Dakota residence has been found and returned, after someone apparently tried but failed to turn it into a giant jack-o'-lantern.
- Authorities identify Rapid City man killed in house fire Updated: Oct-06-15 6:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police have identified a man killed in a house fire.
- Mobridge, Keystone to assess pedestrian-friendliness Updated: Oct-06-15 2:16 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The communities of Mobridge and Keystone are getting a state Department of Health grant to help assess the Sioux Falls towns' pedestrian-friendliness.
- SD man sentenced for scuffle with arresting officers Updated: Oct-06-15 2:10 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota man has been sentenced to 17 months in prison in connection with a scuffle with two arresting officers outside a casino last year.
- Memorial ceremony held in South Dakota for ex-Gov. Miller Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
Former South Dakota Gov. Walter Dale Miller was remembered Monday as a man who remained cool in a time of crisis during a memorial ceremony at the state Capitol in Pierre.
- 4 injured after helicopter crashes in SD fertilizer plant Updated: Oct-05-15 5:08 pm
PARKSTON, South Dakota - Four people have being hospitalized after the helicopter they were in crashed in the property of a South Dakota fertilizer plant.
- Yankton homeless shelter buying Highway 50 motel Updated: Oct-05-15 9:29 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - Yankton's homeless shelter is getting ready to take over a motel on Highway 50 as its new home.
- South Dakota agencies getting $662K for new officers Updated: Oct-03-15 3:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota agencies have been awarded more than $662,000 in Community Oriented Policing Services grants.
- Huron man killed when motorcycle hits semi-truck trailer Updated: Oct-03-15 2:36 pm
HURON, South Dakota - A 44-year-old Huron man has been killed in a motorcycle crash with a semi-truck.
- Nonresidents excluded from Black Hills mountain lion season Updated: Oct-03-15 11:22 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Commission has rejected a proposal to allow nonresidents to join this season's Black Hills mountain lion hunt and lowered limits on the number of animals allowed to be killed.