- Staircase photo shoots help restore Yankton building Updated: Nov-29-15 12:45 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - The Dakota Territorial Museum has been raising money to restore the Mead Building in Yankton by inviting people to take photos on the 1909 neo-Renaissance structure's marble staircase.
- Harrisburg High School wins $100K in safe-driving contest Updated: Nov-29-15 10:10 am
HARRISBURG, South Dakota - Students at Harrisburg High School have won a safe-driving contest sponsored by State Farm Insurance.
- 35-student elementary school in Roberts County to close Updated: Nov-29-15 9:10 am
NEW EFFINGTON, South Dakota - An elementary school in the northwest South Dakota community of New Effington will close at the end of this school year.
- Jech leads South Dakota to 96-90 win over Sacramento State Updated: Nov-28-15 8:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Dan Jech was 9 of 10 from the floor and made all four long range attempts to score 22 points as South Dakota held on for a 96-90 win over Sacramento State in the Sacramento State Invitational on Saturday night.
- Montana advances in FCS with 24-17 win over South Dakota St Updated: Nov-28-15 8:09 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Brady Gustafson threw for two touchdowns and Montana held off South Dakota State 24-17 in a Football Championship Subdivision first-round playoff game Saturday.
- Man killed in rollover crash near Artesian Updated: Nov-28-15 4:24 pm
ARTESIAN, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol says a man was killed in a one-vehicle crash near Artesian.
- Harrison leads UMKC to 64-57 win over South Dakota State Updated: Nov-28-15 3:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Martez Harrison scored 25 points, 17 in the second half, and dished out six assists as Missouri-Kansas City slipped by South Dakota State 64-57 on Saturday.
- Higher education board to address on-campus beer sales Updated: Nov-28-15 2:55 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's governing body on higher education is mulling whether to allow beer and wine sales on the state's six public university campuses, a move that opponents have said could encourage binge drinking and create additional problems for the schools and surrounding communities.
- South Dakota board panel to mull opiate overdose antidotes Updated: Nov-28-15 2:48 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's medical licensing board is crafting new rules that would allow police officers and emergency personnel to carry an opiate overdose antidote to help fight drug fatalities.
- American Indian artist 'Dances with Wolves' Updated: Nov-28-15 12:10 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An American Indian artist is helping to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of the Academy Award-winning movie "Dances with Wolves."
- SBA, Sioux Falls leaders promote Small Business Saturday Updated: Nov-28-15 2:20 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Small businesses in Sioux Falls are gearing up for their own version of Black Friday.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55 Updated: Nov-27-15 9:53 pm
ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands - Maryland faced its first real test of the season, and the Terrapins passed.
- Authorities release name of man killed in Wolsey accident Updated: Nov-27-15 3:37 pm
WOLSEY, South Dakota - Authorities have identified a 38-year-old man killed when the pickup truck he was driving collided with a semi-truck eight miles west of Wolsey.
- Economy, oil slowdown might dampen Dakotas holiday sales Updated: Nov-27-15 12:39 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Holiday shoppers in the Dakotas this season are expected to spend more than they did last year, though a slumping oil economy in North Dakota has retailers there nervous.
- Mitchell man gets 20 years in prison for sex with teen girl Updated: Nov-27-15 12:29 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A 42-year-old Mitchell man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for having sex with a teenage girl.
- Glenham rancher offers $2,000 reward in shot cow incident Updated: Nov-27-15 11:50 am
GLENHAM, South Dakota - A Glenham man wants whoever shot and killed one of his cows brought to justice.
- South Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 10:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in South Dakota.
- Attacking dogs still roaming Pine Ridge Indian Reservation Updated: Nov-27-15 10:46 am
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - In the year since the death of 8-year-old Jayla Rodriguez on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, little has been accomplished to keep community members safe from the kind of wild dogs that killed her.
- South Dakota regulators to decide on Dakota Access pipeline Updated: Nov-27-15 7:51 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota regulators are expected to decide Monday whether to grant a construction permit for a pipeline that will cross through the state as it carries oil from North Dakota to Illinois.
- Dakota State University Fieldhouse closed due to lead dust Updated: Nov-27-15 6:50 am
MADISON, South Dakota - The Dakota State University Fieldhouse has been closed to all activities due to lead dust.
- Pawn shop, entertainment venue opens in Sioux Falls Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A 70,000-square-foot pawn shop and entertainment venue in Sioux Falls opened its doors on Saturday.
- Sinclair's 'Dino' retakes Manhattan skies Updated: Nov-26-15 12:28 pm
RAWLINS, Wyoming - A massive, green Apatosaurus retook to the skies of Manhattan Thursday, making its first appearance in four decades.
- Winning Wild Card 2 ticket worth $215K sold in Sisseton Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Lottery says a single ticket sold in Sisseton hit the $215,000 Wild Card 2 jackpot in Wednesday's drawing.
- Mitchell VFW seeking $250K for renovations Updated: Nov-26-15 11:59 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A Mitchell veterans group is undertaking a massive fundraising effort to renovate their new building.
- Raven designs 4 new balloons for Macy's Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 10:03 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls-based Raven Industries has once again designed and manufactured some new balloons for this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.