- Salina facing competition for women's tournament Updated: Mar-10-14 8:39 am
- Crockett leads Texas Tech over Texas 59-53 Updated: Mar-08-14 7:45 pm
- US Sen. Cornyn tops Stockman, wins GOP primary Updated: Mar-05-14 1:23 am
- TV winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Mar-03-14 1:12 pm
- Missing East Texas teen found in West Texas Updated: Feb-26-14 8:08 pm
- Kansas State fights past Texas Tech 60-56 Updated: Feb-25-14 10:11 pm
- Bias leads No. 12 OSU women over Texas Tech 63-62 Updated: Feb-23-14 5:26 pm
- Woman charged in shooting death of daughter, 2 Updated: Feb-21-14 5:32 pm
- Report: More farms in Texas, age of farmer rose Updated: Feb-20-14 4:29 pm
- Man, 77, accused of sexual abuse of girl for years Updated: Feb-19-14 3:58 pm
- Texas Tech comes up just short vs. No. 8 Kansas Updated: Feb-19-14 12:03 am
- No. 8 Kansas hangs on to beat Texas Tech 64-63 Updated: Feb-18-14 11:41 pm
- School denies former QB's bid for Big 12 option Updated: Feb-14-14 6:21 pm
- Ex-police chief indicted in fraudulent $4M scheme Updated: Feb-14-14 4:40 pm
- Smith's style creates family feel with Texas Tech Updated: Feb-14-14 3:49 pm
- Texas Sports Writers Association 3A all-state team Updated: Feb-13-14 5:44 pm
- Gene Stephenson among 7 college baseball HOFers Updated: Feb-11-14 10:30 pm
- Experts predict less active Texas wildfire season Updated: Feb-11-14 3:28 pm
- Marcus Smart banned 3 games for shoving fan Updated: Feb-09-14 10:28 pm
- OSU star Smart shoves fan in loss to Texas Tech Updated: Feb-09-14 3:38 am
SALINA, Kansas - Lubbock, Texas, is challenging Salina for the right to host the national junior college women's basketball tournament, which has been held in the Kansas city for more than 15 years.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Jaye Crockett scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Texas Tech to a 59-53 win over Texas in a regular-season finale on Saturday.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn trounced a conservative Texas congressman Tuesday night to claim the Republican nomination, a victory that could ease his path to re-election after some tea party activists targeted him as too moderate.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Authorities have found a missing East Texas teenager who had been the subject of a multistate Amber Alert.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Marcus Foster scored 17 points, shooting 3 of 6 from beyond the arc, to lead Kansas State to a 60-56 win over Texas Tech Tuesday night and secure a much-needed road win as conference play dwindles down.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Tiffany Bias went the length of the court for the game-winning basket with 1.5 seconds left on Sunday as No. 12 Oklahoma State narrowly avoided an upset with a 63-62 win over Texas Tech.
POST, Texas - Texas child welfare officials said Friday that the agency last year investigated the family of a 2-year-old girl who was found fatally shot in her West Texas home.
LUBBOCK, Texas - While the number of farms in Texas rose over a five-year span, the state lost about 200,000 acres of farmland, according to a new federal report released Thursday.
LUBBOCK, Texas - A West Texas man already facing a federal child pornography charge now is accused by prosecutors of sexually assaulting a young girl for years.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech was so close to earning its third win of the season over a Top 25 team in coach Tubby Smith's first season leading the Red Raiders.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Kansas coach Bill Self felt more than a little fortunate that his No. 8 Jayhawks pulled out a 64-63 win against a very tough Texas Tech team.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Former Texas Tech backup quarterback Michael Brewer has lost an appeal to avoid giving up a year of eligibility at either TCU or Texas.
LUBBOCK, Texas - A former Central Texas police chief has been indicted by federal prosecutors, who say he sold and pawned $4 million worth of equipment, including a machine gun, he fraudulently obtained through a federal program.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech senior Jaye Crockett has heard plenty through the years about his physical talent.
BRYAN, Texas - Carthage senior quarterback Blake Bogenschutz and Fairfield senior running back Larry Rose shared offensive player of the year on the 63rd Annual Texas Sports Writers Association's Class 3A All-State Football Team.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Former Wichita State coach Gene Stephenson, whose 1,837 wins rank him third in college baseball history, was one of seven selected for induction into the National College Baseball Hall of Fame.
LUBBOCK, Texas - In December 2010, Texas weather and wildfire experts gathered in College Station to plan for what they feared would be a very active wildfire season ahead.
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Marcus Smart was quiet and subdued as he apologized at a podium, a demeanor in stark contrast to the one that sent shockwaves through Oklahoma State's basketball program hours earlier.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Marcus Smart hustled back on defense to prevent a dunk and went careening into the crowd behind the basket. He was helped to his feet with only seconds remaining and No. 19 Oklahoma State on its way to a fourth straight defeat.