- Regulators remove CEO of West Texas nonprofit from oversight Updated: Feb-06-16 3:11 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Child welfare officials have barred the CEO of a West Texas nonprofit from having any involvement with the group's finances or foster children.
- Williams layup lifts Texas Tech over Oklahoma State in OT Updated: Feb-04-16 12:52 am
LUBBOCK, Texas - Coming out of a timeout with 11.5 seconds left in overtime, Texas Tech's Devaugntah Williams leaned into teammate Aaron Ross.
- Texas Tech signs 14 defensive, 10 offensive players Updated: Feb-03-16 5:49 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech signed 24 players on Wednesday, including 14 on the defensive side of the ball as the Red Raiders hope to slow down the high-octane offenses in the Big 12 Conference.
- Walt 'No Neck' Williams dies of heart attack in Texas Updated: Jan-28-16 2:41 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Walt Williams, an outfielder who played for four major league teams in the 1960s and '70s and was best known for his nickname "No Neck," has died.
- No. 6 West Virginia rallies to beat Texas Tech 80-76 Updated: Jan-23-16 5:11 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - West Virginia coach Bob Huggins is glad he has a good bench for when his starters get in foul trouble or are having a tough game.
- Correction: Exchange-Body of Work story Updated: Jan-20-16 6:37 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - In a Jan. 14 member exchange from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal about the retirement of the head of the willed body program at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, The Associated Press misspelled the name of the reporter. The byline on the story should have been Ellysa Gonzalez, instead of Ellyssa Gonzalez.
- Mahomes to forgo Texas Tech baseball to focus on football Updated: Jan-20-16 5:52 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes has decided to focus on football and won't rejoin the Red Raiders baseball team this season.
- No. 22 Baylor hangs on to beat Texas Tech 63-60 Updated: Jan-16-16 6:38 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Lester Medford was feeling under the weather for No. 22 Baylor's game against Texas Tech on Saturday.
- Monsanto to build $140M cotton seed processing unit in Texas Updated: Jan-14-16 4:22 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Monsanto says plans to build a $140 million cotton seed processing plant in West Texas, where nearly 40 percent of the nation's fluffy fiber is planted.