- Nixon announces $2M for road repairs for tornado damage Updated: May-27-15 6:43 am
DUQUESNE, Missouri - A Missouri city near Joplin that sustained damage from the 2011 deadly tornado will get $2 million for road repairs.
- Fund set up for Joplin tornado victim closes, board disbands Updated: May-21-15 3:04 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A fund established after the 2011 Joplin tornado has been closed and its board disbanded after distributing nearly $1 million to assist residents and nonprofits in recovery efforts.
- Professional baseball returns to Joplin at rebuilt stadium Updated: May-19-15 3:40 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Professional baseball returns this week to the renovated Joe Becker Stadium after leaving Joplin in the early 1950s.
- Ex-Joplin teacher pleads guilty to sexual contact charges Updated: May-19-15 7:37 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - A former Joplin High School teacher faces up to five years in prison after pleading guilty to having sex with a student.
- Judge: Former Joplin master developer owes city $1.4 million Updated: May-14-15 11:36 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - A Jasper County judge has entered a $1.4 million default judgment against a master development firm hired to help Joplin recover from the May 2011 tornado.
- Police say 60-year-old Joplin man dies in bicycle accident Updated: May-09-15 4:31 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin police say a 60-year-old man has died from a bicycle accident.
- Woman will stand trial in man's stabbing death near Joplin Updated: May-06-15 8:16 am
NEOSHO, Missouri - A 25-year-old woman will stand trial for second-degree murder for her alleged role in the stabbing death of a man at a mobile home park near Joplin.
- Troubled forecasters seek way to improve tornado warnings Updated: May-03-15 12:44 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Forecasters troubled by the high death count from twisters in Alabama and Joplin, Missouri, four years ago say they must put away their "nerd-speak" and find better ways to communicate if the public is going to react appropriately when bad weather approaches.