- Kansas project to focus on lesser known historical figures Updated: Aug-25-15 3:08 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Several groups are planning a statewide project that will combine history and art to spotlight lesser known but greatly influential figures and events from Kansas' past, such as members of tribal nations and Civil Rights activists.
- Joplin council to hold hearing on Woolston Updated: Aug-25-15 2:55 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - The Joplin City Council has voted to hold a hearing to resolve ethics questions about a council member that were raised in a recent state audit.
- Joplin man drowns after rescuing children from flooded ditch Updated: Aug-23-15 2:25 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A Joplin man has drowned after jumping into a drainage ditch to rescue his son and another child.
- Photos heading to Kansas museum Updated: Aug-21-15 11:49 am
BAXTER SPRINGS, Kansas - A group that's worked to reunite Baxter Springs residents with hundreds of photos displaced by the April 2014 tornado is turning the remaining photos over to a Baxter Springs museum.
- Missouri judge denies new trial for Joplin developer Updated: Aug-21-15 10:37 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - A Jasper County judge has denied a request for a new trial in a civil judgment awarded to Joplin against a developer hired to lead the city's recovery after the May 2011 tornado that killed 161 people.
- Officials don't want Guantanamo Bay detainees in Kansas Updated: Aug-21-15 9:52 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - Several elected officials from Kansas oppose moving detainees from Guantanamo Bay to Fort Leavenworth, citing the potential economic impact and security.
- Audit: Millions of dollars mismanaged after Joplin tornado Updated: Aug-18-15 8:55 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - An audit of Joplin found enough mismanagement over its hiring of a master developer following a May 2011 tornado that devastated the southwest Missouri city that the findings have been turned over to authorities, the state auditor said Tuesday.
- EXCHANGE: Decatur hospitals stand ready against tornadoes Updated: Aug-16-15 10:41 am
DECATUR, Illinois - When the tornado sirens go off, people know to seek shelter in a basement and away from windows, but that option isn't always available inside a hospital.
- New Joplin medical school campus names interim dean Updated: Aug-15-15 6:20 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - The new Joplin campus of the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences osteopathic medical school has named an interim dean.
- Joplin schools improve open-meetings compliance Updated: Aug-11-15 9:13 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - A new report from the state auditor's office shows the Joplin School District has taken steps to comply with the state's open meetings law, but the audit did not address other aspects of a critical February audit.
- Mother of Joplin man sues over 2013 jail suicide Updated: Aug-07-15 10:47 am
CARTHAGE, Missouri - The mother of a Joplin man who claims her son's suicide in a Carthage jail was captured on video surveillance has filed a federal civil lawsuit accusing the police department and the city of negligence.
- More drownings this year in Missouri than all of last year Updated: Aug-02-15 1:34 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Flooded roads and waterways with stronger, faster currents have contributed to more drownings in Missouri's waterways so far this year than in all of last year, according to Missouri State Highway Patrol officials.