- Doctors plan second hospital in Grand Island Updated: Jun-29-15 4:37 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A group of doctors wants to open a second hospital in Grand Island, and they say that it will take at least two years to build and be operational.
- 5 injured in tractor pull accident near Grand Island Updated: Jun-29-15 6:57 am
HOWARD CITY, Nebraska - Authorities say five people have been injured in an accident at a tractor pull near Grand Island.
- Man seeks $400K from Grand Island for electrical mishap Updated: Jun-27-15 5:53 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A Grand Island man is seeking $400,000 from the city of Grand Island, saying a major error by the city's utility department "fried" his house.
- Grand Island elementary school bids higher than hoped Updated: Jun-27-15 1:38 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Grand Island Public Schools officials say all four bids they recently received to build a new elementary school were higher than they had hoped.
- Nebraska's jobless rate rises slighty to 2.6 percent in May Updated: Jun-19-15 10:54 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's unemployment rate rose a tenth of a point to hit 2.6 percent in May, but it remained the lowest rate in the nation, according to reports released Friday.
- Grand Island council to vote on blighted land designation Updated: Jun-09-15 5:59 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - The Grand Island City Council is set to vote whether to declare 116 acres at the southwest corner of U.S. Highway 281 and Husker Highway as blighted and substandard.
- Grand Island man charged with 7 counts of child sex assault Updated: Jun-06-15 6:14 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A 49-year-old Grand Island man has been charged Friday in Hall County Court with seven counts of sexual assault on a child.
- Animal control deals with variety of critters Updated: Jun-06-15 10:53 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Melissa Poe, who is fairly new to animal control, recently was called to remove a snake from a guy's basement.
- Grand Island committee in favor of freight company loan Updated: Jun-05-15 6:32 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Grand Island's Citizens Review Committee has unanimously voted to recommend a forgivable loan of more than $200,000 to help a shipping and freight company add new jobs in the city's downtown area.
- Grand Island won't release ambulance vendor's contract Updated: Jun-04-15 2:08 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Grand Island officials won't release to public scrutiny the city contract with a vendor hired to handle ambulance billings, despite a push from the state attorney general's office.
- Nebraska hit-and-run suspect stopped, arrested in Lincoln Updated: Jun-01-15 10:55 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska authorities say a driver who fled from a fatal collision has been arrested in Lincoln.