- Addiction experts: Cuts could hurt drug treatment Updated: Apr-16-14 1:13 pm
- Illinois strip club tax brings in less revenue Updated: Apr-16-14 12:41 pm
- Illinois gas station owners oppose fuel tax hike Updated: Apr-14-14 6:50 pm
- Steely Dan to play Illinois State Fair Updated: Apr-14-14 4:10 pm
- IDOT changes work zone signs as speed limit climbs Updated: Apr-14-14 12:37 pm
- Illinois awards $52M for bike, walking paths Updated: Apr-13-14 2:46 pm
- Illinois man recreating Lincoln funeral train car Updated: Apr-13-14 1:40 pm
- Professor says UIS banned him because he's Iranian Updated: Apr-12-14 12:56 pm
- Illinois Senate approves ban on ticket quotas Updated: Apr-11-14 11:10 am
- Correction: XGR-Retirement Savings story Updated: Apr-10-14 6:31 pm
- Ex-Illinois department aide pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-10-14 5:29 pm
- Budget cuts may prompt closure of historic sites Updated: Apr-10-14 8:10 am
- Chicago area mayors lobby for city pension changes Updated: Apr-09-14 6:48 pm
- Illinois considering east-west Amtrak route Updated: Apr-08-14 10:50 am
- Study: Illinois shouldn't force consolidation Updated: Apr-06-14 1:23 pm
- Illinois' next pension issue: Police, fire funds Updated: Apr-06-14 12:28 pm
- EXCHANGE: Legally blind 14-year-old archer excels Updated: Apr-05-14 12:49 pm
- Illinois plant where 5 died almost demolished Updated: Apr-03-14 4:43 pm
- Ill. political remapping group says has signatures Updated: Apr-02-14 7:04 pm
- Environmentalists want stricter coal regulations Updated: Apr-02-14 6:16 pm
- Electronic cigarette bill advances to state Senate Updated: Apr-02-14 11:04 am
- Woman, 24, convicted in dismemberment of husband Updated: Apr-02-14 6:34 am
- Chicago among many Ill. cities in pension straits Updated: Apr-01-14 6:41 pm
- Report: Madigan influenced Chicago transit hiring Updated: Apr-01-14 3:26 pm
- Governor's tactic delays Senate cabinet approval Updated: Apr-01-14 11:41 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Addiction experts say thousands of Illinois residents could lose drug treatment services if a temporary tax increase expires later next year.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois officials say a strip club tax has generated less than 40 percent of the money that was expected when the surcharge was approved.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Increasing fuel taxes to pay for Illinois road construction will hurt businesses - and hit consumers at the pump, gas station owners said Monday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Grammy Award-winning rock band Steely Dan will play this year's Illinois State Fair.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois transportation officials are adding extra safety precautions to work zones around the state after the speed limit was increased to 70 mph on some highways.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois communities are set receive more than $52 million in federal funds to invest in local alternative transportation projects - including bike paths, walking trails, streetscape upgrades and historic preservation.
ELGIN, Illinois - To mark the 150th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln's assassination next year, an Illinois man is constructing a full-size replica of the funeral train car that carried the president's body from Washington, D.C., to his final resting place in Springfield.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A former professor at the University of Illinois at Springfield has claimed in a federal lawsuit that the school banned him from campus and denied him emeritus status because of his race and Iranian origin.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation that would ban police departments from issuing quotas on tickets has been approved in the Illinois Senate.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story April 9 about proposed retirement savings accounts for private-sector workers, The Associated Press reported erroneously in the first sentence that the program cleared the Illinois Legislature. It cleared the Senate.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A former top aide at the Illinois Department of Public Health pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court to bribery and taking kickbacks in connection with $13 million in state grants and contracts and to obstructing a grand jury investigation.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois preservationists say almost 18 percent of the state's historic sites might close because of potential budget cuts.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A day after the high-profile approval of Chicago pension overhaul, mayors from suburban DuPage County asked lawmakers Wednesday for help with their pension systems for police officers and firefighters, saying costs are spiraling out of control.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers are backing the creation of an east-west passenger rail corridor across Illinois.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A commission has concluded that Illinois lawmakers should make it easier to reduce the number of local government boards and agencies, but not force the communities to do so. It also suggested that such consolidation might not save taxpayers money, as many critics have suggested.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - After addressing Illinois' own employee pension crisis, lawmakers now face an equally challenging task with the state's cities, as mayors demand help with underfunded police and firefighter pensions before the growing cost "chokes" budgets and forces local tax increases.
GEORGETOWN, Illinois - At the whistle, eighth-grader Hope Bogard carefully yet firmly pulls back the string of her bow, aims and fires. Her arrow strikes near the center of a round target at the other end of the Mary Miller Junior High gym.
ILLIOPOLIS, Illinois - A former plastics plant in central Illinois where a 2004 explosion killed five people is now all but demolished and cleaned up, Illinois state environmental regulators said.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A group that wants to change the way Illinois draws its political districts says it has the signatures it needs to put a measure on the November ballot.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois environmentalists are calling for stricter regulations and better enforcement of existing rules for coal mines.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House approved legislation that'd require stores to keep electronic cigarettes behind the counter.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A jury has convicted a 24-year-old central Illinois woman of murder for the dismemberment of her husband.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's plan for fixing part of the nation's worst municipal pension crisis is now in the hands of state lawmakers - and it's likely just the first of many from cities across the state seeking legislative help for their employee retirement funds.
CHICAGO - A task force asked to scrutinize metropolitan Chicago's transit agencies said it found evidence that House Speaker Michael Madigan directed Metra to hire and promote certain candidates, contributing to an environment in which corruption and mismanagement could flourish.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn used a procedural move sidestepping a deadline to have two cabinet members reappointments approved by the state Senate.