- Office Depot move raises tax-break issue again Updated: Dec-10-13 7:29 pm
- Quinn touting pension reform in campaign letter Updated: Dec-10-13 11:48 am
- Lincoln letters to, from San Marino found Updated: Dec-10-13 6:35 am
- Lincoln Home in Springfield decorated for holidays Updated: Dec-10-13 4:06 am
- Pension crisis endangers Chicago's future Updated: Dec-09-13 4:57 pm
- EXCHANGE: Bryant Cottage still drawing crowds Updated: Dec-09-13 5:08 am
- GOP, Dems now face pension vote fallout in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:39 pm
- Menard County state's attorney dies at 55 Updated: Dec-08-13 11:14 am
- Illinois could bar drivers from using Google Glass Updated: Dec-07-13 1:59 pm
- Illinois marking 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor Updated: Dec-07-13 4:08 am
- Quinn stands to collect $74K in back salary Updated: Dec-05-13 7:58 am
- EXCHANGE: Rochester doctor earns honors Updated: Dec-05-13 5:07 am
- Pension vote could alter Illinois governor's race Updated: Dec-04-13 6:00 pm
- Suspicious letter at gov office had baby powder Updated: Dec-03-13 3:02 pm
- Pension plan goes to Illinois House, Senate Updated: Dec-02-13 7:28 pm
- University of Illinois opposes pension proposal Updated: Dec-02-13 7:26 pm
- Sen. Kirk says Illinois pension deal 'falls short' Updated: Dec-02-13 1:23 pm
- Security added to razed Ill. chemical plant Updated: Dec-02-13 12:17 pm
- Vietnam Memorial hosts annual Christmas ceremony Updated: Dec-02-13 6:23 am
- Unions target Senate Dems in pension reform battle Updated: Dec-01-13 4:25 pm
- Museums provide governor's mansion decorations Updated: Nov-30-13 4:08 am
- Illinois farmers finish fall harvest Updated: Nov-27-13 2:13 pm
- GOP candidate has given own campaign $1.25M Updated: Nov-26-13 5:50 pm
- Ill. police honor trooper with Thanksgiving patrol Updated: Nov-26-13 3:16 pm
- Hundreds file petitions for 2014 election Updated: Nov-25-13 5:03 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois will lose 1,600 jobs after Office Depot said Tuesday that it will keep its headquarters in Florida after its merger with Naperville-based OfficeMax. The move comes just a week after the state Legislature declined to give the company millions in tax breaks.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn went without a paycheck for months to make the point that lawmakers needed to pass a pension reform bill. Now he's seeking to make sure the successful effort pays off in his re-election bid.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A country can't be too small or too far away, apparently, to get in on the craze for Lincoln memorabilia.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Lincoln Home National Historic Site in Springfield is decorated for the Christmas season and is welcoming visitors interested in how Abraham Lincoln and his family celebrated the holiday.
CHICAGO - It's not the vision of a world class city that Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel typically likes to portray.
BEMENT, Illinois - Tammy Altepeter of St. Louis held the hand of her 10-year-old son as they toured the Bryant Cottage State Historic Site recently.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - While Illinois Republicans have made solving the state's pension crisis their issue for years, far fewer GOP lawmakers than expected supported the watershed package of reforms passed by the Legislature Tuesday.
PETERSBURG, Illinois - Menard County's state's attorney has died of natural causes.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Google's new computerized glasses haven't even gone on sale yet, but an Illinois lawmaker wants to make it illegal for people to use the devices while driving.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois is marking the 72nd anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor that killed 1,177 people and brought the United States into World War II.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn is set to get about $74,000 in back pay now that Illinois lawmakers have finally approved a pension deal.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - When Dr. Careyana Brenham awoke to answer her phone at 3 a.m., it was Tabatha Wells on the line, crying and upset.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some longtime labor supporters chided Gov. Pat Quinn Wednesday over his legislative victory on a pension crisis he said he was "put on earth" to solve, a signal of the murky impact the landmark vote could have on next year's Illinois governor's race.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State officials say a "suspicious letter" that caused an evacuation at Gov. Pat Quinn's constituent services office in Springfield contained baby powder.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bipartisan committee of lawmakers has approved a plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension problem. The measure now heads to the House and Senate for consideration.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The president of the University of Illinois has issued a letter saying the school is officially opposing a pension-reform deal under consideration in Springfield.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk says a pension-reform deal under consideration in Springfield "falls short of finding the savings needed to solve Illinois' fiscal crisis."
ILLIOPOLIS, Illinois - A chemical company is adding security to the site of a former plastics plant in central Illinois after a series of bold scrap metal thefts.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Officials are preparing for the Illinois Vietnam Veterans Memorial's 26th annual ceremony for prisoners of war and service members who remain missing in action.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Up against a determined effort to curtail state employees' retirement benefits, Illinois' unions are staging an all-out campaign to thwart approval of a breakthrough proposal to solve the state's $100 billion pension crisis, specifically targeting a small contingent of moderate Senate Democrats.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois museums are providing holiday decorations for the governor's mansion in Springfield.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Authorities say the fall harvest in Illinois has ended.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican candidate for Illinois governor who reported income of $53 million last year has contributed more than $1 million to his own campaign, but an analysis Tuesday of recent elections shows deep pockets are far from an assurance of electoral success.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois State Police launched an aggressive Thanksgiving holiday enforcement effort on the state's roadways Tuesday called Operation Kyle in honor of a state trooper who was killed a year ago conducting a traffic stop.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Political battle lines were officially drawn Monday in the race for Illinois' chief executive as Democratic incumbent Gov. Pat Quinn and four Republican challengers were among nearly 400 politicians who offered nominating petitions on the first day of filing.